Author Topic: :flush:  (Read 17574 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: :flush:
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2010, 02:59:47 PM »
I thought the sacrilege and football hell stuff was pretty funny. :dunno:

When I used to sit in the student section I'd spend the better part of the first half knuckle deep in whatever sorority girl was sitting next to me.  I rarely came in after halftime.  I swore a ton, threw oranges on the field after every TD.  I'd usually have a 5th of whiskey that I'd mix or shoot and I chewed like a old western cowboy.

Am I going to football hell?! :dunno:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2010, 03:01:01 PM »
I vote we hire DJamer Pauly D to DJamer all our games from a booth where the bad used to be.  Then we sell all those primo seats around him.  Also we recruit really good.  

Best idea on this board in a long time.

Offline rockparkcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2010, 03:02:44 PM »
Wonder if other fanbases have these sorts of issues.

Probably just fanbases who watch Louis CK.

Nailed it!  Gonna enjoy posting here fellas

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2010, 03:07:26 PM »
Wonder if other fanbases have these sorts of issues.

Probably just fanbases who watch Louis CK.

Nailed it!  Gonna enjoy posting here fellas

We need pics.  I'm my mind your voice is not womanly at all.
3021  RIP

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2010, 03:08:17 PM »
I vote we hire DJamer Pauly D to DJamer all our games from a booth where the bad used to be.  Then we sell all those primo seats around him.  Also we recruit really good.  

Best idea on this board in a long time.

can't believe I missed this.

We need to push this.

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2010, 03:16:44 PM »
Rumblings that this band director dude is a known racist?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2010, 04:19:20 PM »
if I'm not mistaken, his daughter is on the flag team as well.

Online PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2010, 09:19:46 PM »
This post just got a lot more interesting:

I remember that guy he gave me some muscle relaxers when I had an unfortunate banging accident.
Real nice doctor, but he forced me to do a lot of unnecessary STD tests.  I remember a very odd earing as well.

aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2010, 09:30:41 PM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

Apples were the greatest thing ever.  They made us happy.

What else can I answer about the band?

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant eff during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2010, 07:52:21 AM »
I played trombone from 2001-2004 in "The Pride".  Got to go to 3 bowl games and the Big XII game in that span.

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant eff during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

Was that in the era when Stoops got mad because our band was on the field too long or something?  If so, what was that like?  Also, generic joke about you playing the bone or something. 

Offline KSU_foo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2010, 08:21:35 AM »
When I was a freshman, my dorm roommate was a cymbal player for "The Pride" and I had band peeps marching in and out of our room at all hours of the day/night.  I yelled shazbot! a LOT!  

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

Was that in the era when Stoops got mad because our band was on the field too long or something?  If so, what was that like?  Also, generic joke about you playing the bone or something. 

Yes.  This was at the 2003 Big XII game at arrowhead.  Here's how that went down:  At any game there is a "script" given to everyone.  The script says things like
19:00 before game - Visiting team leaves field
18:30, Home team leaves field
17:30, Visting band enters field and performs
12:00, Visiting band leaves field
etc.
This script covers pregame, timeouts, halftime, and postgame.  Nuetral site games have a more detailed script due to there being 2 bands, 2 sets of cheerleaders, etc.  The team is VERY aware of the script. 
OU was 2 minutes past their given time to leave the field and they were still running warm ups.  An official from the  Big XII comes to Tracz and says "Last chance, go now, or lose your time slot."  Tracz pointed out the OU team still out on the field, but the offcial assured him they would leave.  We started our pregame at the opposite end of the field and started marching towards the team.  They don't move.  We start marching around them.  Tracz and Stoops get into a shouting match, i guess their families had been friends back when stoops was in Manhattan.  Eventually the team gathers in a huddle and starts waving their arms at their crowd to pump them up.  All the OU fans start booing us, all the Cat fans start booing OU, so we finished pregame as the OU team leaves and the entire stadium booing us. 

After that, the ou band marched.  When the game started, the ou band director comes over to talk to Tracz and tries to appologize.  I witnessed it, being a trombone in the front row.  Tracz just told him to eff off and called ou a horse crap institution.  It was pretty funny.

This was definately my most angry EMAW moment of my life.  OU was trying to hard to intimadate and establish their turf.  And we all know, picking on the band makes you tuff and cool.  Its a perfect example of how that 2003 team was a bully, and as soon as someone stood up to the bully (see Ell) they crumbled.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2010, 10:07:32 AM »

I'm with Tracz on this one, it's just lame to chant shazbot! during a song.  Very ku.  Not offensive to me as much as unoriginal and lame.

Yes.  This was at the 2003 Big XII game at arrowhead.  Here's how that went down:  At any game there is a "script" given to everyone.  The script says things like
etc.
This script covers pregame, timeouts, halftime, and postgame.  Nuetral site games have a more detailed script due to there being 2 bands, 2 sets of cheerleaders, etc.  The team is VERY aware of the script. 
OU was 2 minutes past their given time to leave the field and they were still running warm ups.  An official from the  Big XII comes to Tracz and says "Last chance, go now, or lose your time slot."  Tracz pointed out the OU team still out on the field, but the offcial assured him they would leave.  We started our pregame at the opposite end of the field and started marching towards the team.  They don't move.  We start marching around them.  Tracz and Stoops get into a shouting match, i guess their families had been friends back when stoops was in Manhattan.  Eventually the team gathers in a huddle and starts waving their arms at their crowd to pump them up.  All the OU fans start booing us, all the Cat fans start booing OU, so we finished pregame as the OU team leaves and the entire stadium booing us. 

After that, the ou band marched.  When the game started, the ou band director comes over to talk to Tracz and tries to appologize.  I witnessed it, being a trombone in the front row.  Tracz just told him to eff off and called ou a horse crap institution.  It was pretty funny.

This was definately my most angry EMAW moment of my life.  OU was trying to hard to intimadate and establish their turf.  And we all know, picking on the band makes you tuff and cool.  Its a perfect example of how that 2003 team was a bully, and as soon as someone stood up to the bully (see Ell) they crumbled.

That is a great story.  

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2010, 10:11:07 AM »

etc.

After that, the ou band marched.  When the game started, the ou band director comes over to talk to Tracz and tries to appologize.  I witnessed it, being a trombone in the front row.  Tracz just told him to shazbot! off and called ou a horse feces institution.  It was pretty funny.

That is a great story.  

That is an amazing story indeed.  I always was curious what went on after that incident.  I was about to give Stoops a knuckle sandwich from the stands that night, but Ell beat me to it.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »

etc.

After that, the ou band marched.  When the game started, the ou band director comes over to talk to Tracz and tries to appologize.  I witnessed it, being a trombone in the front row.  Tracz just told him to shazbot! off and called ou a horse feces institution.  It was pretty funny.

That is a great story.  

That is an amazing story indeed.  I always was curious what went on after that incident.  I was about to give Stoops a knuckle sandwich from the stands that night, but Ell beat me to it.

It's amazing how a stoops team has never had the same swagger after that night

Offline KSU_foo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2010, 10:22:28 AM »
This thread couldn't be more adequately named.  :flush:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2010, 10:27:33 AM »
Stoops has been in that limp since we beat him.

Q:  Why does Bob stoops eat his cheerio's on a plate?

A:  Cause if they were in a bowl he would lose them.

BAZINGA
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2010, 12:38:25 PM »
If tracz told the OU band guy to eff off, will he go to band hell?  I pray for his band soul.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2010, 12:46:41 PM »
Dr. Frank has Ohio State roots correct??

That would explain a lot right there.

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »

Yep, he can eat a buckeye and not die.
RIP Fatty

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2010, 02:36:38 PM »
Where can we insert curse words into the fight song?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2010, 03:16:39 PM »

He grew up in Cleveland, went to Ohio State.  The 2002 bowl game was the Holiday bowl in San Diego.  We had one rehearsal on the trip.  One.  For like 2 hours.  When we went to the Fiesta Bowl, we rehearsed every day for like 5 hours because Tracz was really concerned because the band director was the same guy who was there when he was in the band.  It sucked.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2015, 05:03:09 PM »
Jesus.

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2015, 07:57:49 PM »
Q:  When did Bob Stoops lose his swagger?

A:  Around 35 til' 7