Author Topic: The DREAM Act  (Read 6588 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
The DREAM Act
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:05 PM »
More like the Nightmare Act. Amirite??

Washington (CNN) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Tuesday he will add the DREAM Act, a controversial immigration measure, to a defense policy bill the Senate will take up next week.

The decision means the defense bill, which often passes with bipartisan support, will be home to two major, thorny political issues ? the other being the repeal of the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

Reid called the DREAM Act "really important" and said it should be passed because it provides a path to citizenship for young illegal immigrants who go to college or serve in the military. DREAM is an acronym for Development, Relief and Education of Alien Minors Act.

"I know we can't do comprehensive immigration reform," Reid said at a news conference. "But those Republicans we had in the last Congress have left us."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/14/reid-adds-controversial-immigration-measure-to-defense-bill/

All the more reason to vote Harry Reid out.  Don't let us down, Nevada!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

The42Yardstick

Re: The DREAM Act
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »
So you don't want smart people going to college here? Great idea, bro

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:07:47 AM »

What part of illegal don't you understand?

The42Yardstick

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 12:25:46 AM »

What part of IDGAF don't you understand?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 05:13:13 AM »
I would have no problem with them (any illegals) fighting for the country.  It would be nice if we had legislation that recognized that too many illegals are here for economic reasons rather then wanting to become Americans.  If you want to be an "American" and move your family here and enculturate then there should be a quick path to citizenship.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 06:07:32 AM »

What part of IDGAF don't you understand?

Its amazing how some people can be so naive to think that this issue doesn't negatively affect pretty much every facet of their lives, from their kids tuition, to the economy, to the cost of health care.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 06:11:53 AM »
Sounds like a good idea, especially the college path.  KK has alluded to this, but I think we should give every foreigner who receives a college degree citizenship at the same time, while at the same time making it easier for foreigners interested in receiving a US education to do so.

I don't really care for the military idea, but I imagine it's there to appease the "AMERICA! eff YEAH!" tards.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 08:40:53 AM »

Yeah, we should just support them until they graduate college, then kick them out! Why would we want to add tax-paying citizens?

I don't support illegal immigration, but punishing children who were dragged along with their parents is harsh. Also, it should be much easier for an uneducated person to get citizenship legally.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 09:15:22 AM »
I don't really care for the military idea, but I imagine it's there to appease the "AMERICA! shazbot! YEAH!" tards.

This has been the policy since the inception of the country.

Re:  College.  Good idea as long as their college isn't paid for by the government via grants, state minority quotas, etc.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »

I don't really care for the military idea, but I imagine it's there to appease the "AMERICA! shazbot! YEAH!" tards.

The irony of this statement really warrants another look.  MichiCat in his liberal glory (aka ignorance) thinks the military for citizenship is to "appease" a class of people he deems Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) (elitist banter).  When in reality MichiCat is the one so Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) he can't see through Reid's ridiculous rhetoric, while at the same time being completely ignorant of a long time United States policy.

Hilarious

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 10:21:22 PM »

The irony of this statement really warrants another look.  MichiCat in his liberal glory (aka ignorance) thinks the military for citizenship is to "appease" a class of people he deems Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) (elitist banter).  When in reality MichiCat is the one so Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) he can't see through Reid's ridiculous rhetoric, while at the same time being completely ignorant of a long time United States policy.

Hilarious

Birth Right citizenship.

Who is against this?  Kobach, Reid, Lindsay Graham.  Anyone on here?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 10:28:20 PM »

Hilarious

Birth Right citizenship.

Who is against this?  Kobach, Reid, Lindsay Graham.  Anyone on here?

jus soli?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 10:33:58 PM »

That isn't a path for illegals, sugar dick.  It's a way for legal aliens to gain citizenship.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 10:39:03 PM »

That isn't a path for illegals, sugar dick.  It's a way for legal aliens to gain citizenship.

What's real funny is that you have no idea how stupid what you just wrote is  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »

What's real funny is that you have no idea how stupid what you just wrote is  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boom!(?)  :dunno:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2010, 11:00:53 PM »
you struck a nerve, rusty.  S. Dick is a "America, eff Yeah!" tard.

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!  :chainsaw:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 11:53:53 PM »
So if this piece of legislation is good, then it should be able to stand on its own merit and not get attached to a defense spending bill, right?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 12:00:30 AM »
So if this piece of legislation is good, then it should be able to stand on its own merit and not get attached to a defense spending bill, right?

Yeah, it should be illegal to pull crap like that.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 12:42:25 AM »

Yeah, it should be illegal to pull crap like that.

There are quite a few states that have laws that require relevancy for something to be included in a bill.

Immigration does not equal Defense Spending.

So you are right.  It should be illegal to do that.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 12:44:48 AM »
Illegals can gtfo.Become a damn citizen or leave

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 01:55:16 AM »

So my bank should be allowed to deposit money into an Internet gambling site then too right?

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 08:04:30 AM »
Wut?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 08:48:23 AM »
you struck a nerve, rusty.  S. Dick is a "America, shazbot! Yeah!" tard.

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!  :chainsaw:

I don't believe anyone can be bound by artificial boundaries created by the white man meant to oppress our brown brothers.  Allowing these people to risk their lives defending these false boundaries in order to become accepted as a member within them is almost as despicable as allowing their minds to be corrupted by the hateful and bigoted teachings of the white man.  eff Yeah!

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 01:12:32 PM »
Wut?

You know, the law that made it illegal for U.S. financial institutions to deposit money into the accounts of known gambling sites. The law that was passed by being attached to a bill dealing with the safety of U.S. ports because it couldn't be passed on its own.

Oh yes, Republican Bill Frist was responsible for the legislation so I'm sure it's OK.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »
citizenship should be based on outstanding individual merit (talent, education, money) or reciprocal agreement.  reciprocal agreements only w. countries with birthrates at replacement or under.

we'd have to reduce our own birthrate first, though.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."