Author Topic: Police Hate (love?) Super Thread  (Read 8257 times)

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Didn't realize Storm was such a jackbooted Nazi . . .
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »
if anyone needs help killing stormtroopercat & his family, drop me a pm.

If you got ride of me who would take rep the powertards on here. You know I am your guys best ambassador.
RIP Fatty

The42Yardstick

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2010, 02:13:23 AM »
Campus PD's are always, without exception, mostly composed of cops who somehow couldn't make it into a city police force. Their incompetence to be expected, regardless of what university you attend. It's when the local city or county police force starts playing God that reasonable people start getting pissed.

Of course not every person in the RCPD is a bad apple, just like every department in the country, but there appears to be a directive from the top to enact a form of Prohibition amongst college students, despite official statements to the contrary. There may or may not be a moral aspect taking part in these decisions to harass a group of people that constitutes little more than a minor public nuisance in a majority of cases; it really could be a number of factors. Perhaps the police department's actions are an extension of mistrust between the students and the overall community of Manhattan. Students don't often vote in local elections, so townies can often use their clout to have the police take out their frustration on the students instead of trying to open up a collective dialogue. This happened to such an extreme at where I got my undergrad that extremely heavy-handed tactics implemented by local police incited near-riots in the early 00's. Another factor may be a vendetta carried by the head of the department, who has gone on record as complaining about not getting enough of a raise despite tough city budget conditions. Maybe he is directing RCPD to hand out extra citations to try and concoct an external "threat" that cowers City Council into giving his department more money. Maybe the crime rate is just so low that they don't have anything better to do than to harass college students. All of these factors can happen and have happened in college towns and other municipalities across the country.

Also consider that the public knows that police departments almost always deny policies or actions of officers that may be considered unpopular or illegal. You and I both know that the vast majority of police departments would rather "stick with their own" than punish a bad apple for a particularly egregious act. How many news stories have you read about a cop using unnecessary force and receiving paid leave, only to be back on the force within weeks or months? Police departments are also becoming increasingly militarized, taking on a "siege" mentality, and responding with disproportionate force to minor and non-violent offenses. Given these trends among police in the country and the tactics that specifically RCPD has taken recently, I don't understand why or how students at couldn't hold at least a little bit of mistrust for them.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:16:12 AM by The42Yardstick »

The42Yardstick

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2010, 02:13:52 AM »
also, why is this on the football board...?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2010, 07:29:52 AM »
Yeah, you did some back peddling there after the first 20 goose steps, I'll give you that.

I not trying to back peddle I am just tired of people labeling the entire RCPD corrupt jackasses. They are not all bad but they do need to get some of the bad ones out. I get a feeling that things are begining to come to a head this year. Also why does everyone rail on RCPD when its the Campus PD that is full of shazbot! up assholes. Seriously those are a true nazies (not all of them just most of them). :opcat:

The issue here isn't whether or not the entire RCPD is comprised of corrupt cops.  The issue is why are they becoming increasingly overzealous and milataristic.

You want to know a major reason why there's one full empty section of the student section?  Look no further than the behavior of the RCPD.  A large number of students these days would rather stay home than be criminalized and harassed in the parking lots by a bunch of cops that have turned the tailgate experience into a fracking police state.  It didn't use to be this way and needs to be stopped.

It's fracking horse feces and it is one part of a bigger Manhattan problem whether you're too stupid or naive to admit it.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 07:34:26 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Pros and Cons of Police Super Thread
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2010, 07:39:15 AM »
There sure seems to have been a noticeable spike in homo-erotic threats around here lately.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Police Hate (love?) Super Thread
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2010, 07:42:26 AM »
first time i've heard of this. :users:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2010, 08:51:50 AM »
if anyone needs help killing stormtroopercat & his family, drop me a pm.

If you got ride of me who would take rep the powertards on here. You know I am your guys best ambassador.

you overestimate your value.  getting you to shut your police-loving mouth about how much you love the police would be well worth it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2010, 08:53:23 AM »
weird thread

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: And the Aggieville creepster of the year goes to.......
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2010, 08:54:15 AM »
Don't lump all cops together, snake boy.    :curse:

you lumped yourself in with the cops when you joined them.  no one held a gun to your head.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2010, 10:05:52 AM »
Manhattan powerbrokers and government entities lord over K-State and its constituents like a giant vampire.  

The school, its constituents, the students, the people that attend events at K-State pump millions into the Manhattan economy.  No K-State and Manhattan is just another piss ant Kansas Town about ready to dry up and blow away.    Yet all I ever hear about is the Townies bitching about K-State, bitching that K-State gets a break on its water rates and other things.   RCPD and the KSUPD prey on the students.   I understand that they can't have an anything goes attitude, but they go out of their way to target students, and now they're going out of their way to target adults attending K-State events.   It's bull$hit.

Now, I also understand that you've got certain types, particularly your perpetual case of the red a$$ Western Kansas types who pull into their parking stall with their dually Ram 3500 and their 8 bottles of Kentucky Gentleman who think they're the king$hit or the frat guys loaded up JagerBombs and Natty Light.    But most people aren't like that.  
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 12:56:22 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2010, 10:08:12 AM »

you lumped yourself in with the cops when you joined them.  no one held a gun to your head.

Like I said, don't lump all cops together. Just as in every profession, there are bad apples. That crap happens when you have humans doing the job. I'm not sure what's going on with the RCPD, but from the looks of it things should get interesting. I doubt if they will get better any time soon. I bet they get worse, if the complaints start to roll in.

:users:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2010, 10:08:54 AM »
Manhattan powerbrokers and government entities lord over K-State and its constituents like a giant vampire. 

The school, its constituents, the students, the people that attend events at K-State pump millions into the Manhattan economy.  No K-State and Manhattan is just another piss ant Kansas Town about ready to dry up and blow away.    Yet all I ever hear about is the Townies bitching about K-State, bitching that K-State gets a break on its water rates and other things.   RCPD and the KSUPD pray on the students.   I understand that they can't have an anything goes attitude, but they go out of their way to target students, and now they're going out of their way to target adults attending K-State events.   It's bull$hit.

Now, I also understand that you've got certain types, particularly your perpetual case of the red a$$ Western Kansas types who pull into their parking stall with their dually Ram 3500 and their 8 bottles of Kentucky Gentleman who think they're the king$hit or the frat guys loaded up JagerBombs and Natty Light.    But most people aren't like that. 

Sounds kinda like the college/town relationship in Animal House.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »

Like I said, don't lump all cops together. Just as in every profession, there are bad apples. That feces happens when you have humans doing the job. I'm not sure what's going on with the RCPD, but from the looks of it things should get interesting. I doubt if they will get better any time soon. I bet they get worse, if the complaints start to roll in.

:users:
We should get robotic cops. Robotic cops, there has to be a catchier name for those.

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2010, 11:45:29 AM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2010, 01:03:57 PM »
eff this "don't break the law" bullshit.  every legit college in america has a pretty sweet 'no questions asked' policy on game days. just put it in a cup, don't punch anybody and the cops should not ask questions.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2010, 04:04:50 PM »
Looks like I have a new tailgating CD...

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2010, 07:18:36 PM »
from the schulz live chat earlier this evening:

hhouchen asks:What are your thoughts on the current happenings between our Greek community and the RCPD? And, how do you think this will effect future enrollment?

KIRK SCHULZ This has been a tough issue. It is tremendously important that K-State students conduct themselves appropriately at all times - whether they are consuming alcohol, at a party, or attending church. As you can probably tell, I enjoy a beer or mixed drink myself - so I am not "anti-partying" by any stretch. However, when our students all congregate, consume too much alcohol, and then get into vocal disagreements with local law enforcement, it creates a volatile situation. My plan is to work with our excellent Greek system and our local police to ensure that our students can congregate, party and have fun - but in an appropriate and safe manner.

so schulz is powerless...

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »
from the schulz live chat earlier this evening:

hhouchen asks:What are your thoughts on the current happenings between our Greek community and the RCPD? And, how do you think this will effect future enrollment?

KIRK SCHULZ This has been a tough issue. It is tremendously important that K-State students conduct themselves appropriately at all times - whether they are consuming alcohol, at a party, or attending church. As you can probably tell, I enjoy a beer or mixed drink myself - so I am not "anti-partying" by any stretch. However, when our students all congregate, consume too much alcohol, and then get into vocal disagreements with local law enforcement, it creates a volatile situation. My plan is to work with our excellent Greek system and our local police to ensure that our students can congregate, party and have fun - but in an appropriate and safe manner.

so schulz is powerless...

About all he can say though

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
Re: :opcat: at its finest
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »

I'm in a fraternity and this is getting completely ridiculous, any party they see gets broken up, and yes there is a definite focus on the greek houses which they make nightly rounds at.

To run you through our years events so far, all was well until girls finished sorority recruitment, that night I attend two different fraternity parties both of which got broken up at about midnight. On to Sunday, I attended a smaller gathering due to class starting the next day which also got broken up this time just after midnight. On next to Wednesday night of that week in which the party was broken up yet again, this time before 11:30.

Then Thursday night happened, I really don't want to get into details, but 20+ MIPs were handed out at the party (most are looking to be thrown out currently), also a hosting ticket and 3 were taken to jail for BS "obstruction of justice." There were multiple other parties that weekend that I know of that had MIPs handed out, though not to the same extent. Following this we have done very little on the weekends and are trying to lay low for awhile, meanwhile some "wet" houses have temporarily become "dry" as to avoid more hosting and MIP tickets.

Coming to this weekend, I was at that concert (call me a douchebag if that satisfies your inner needs) and the cops went on a power trip, knowing that the concert had a noise permit til 10:45 they decided since they had gotten 2 calls about the noise that they could revoke the permit...this was told to the performer on stage therefore causing him to say "F*** the police" which sprung the cops into action, rushing up on to stage and pulling off the performer and the rest of his crew and booking him on "inciting a riot."

The only silver-lining so far is they don't seem to be doing it at the football games.

I have no idea what threat fraternity guys here are...probably should go to KU where "they rapin' everybody out there"!

EDIT: This is all first-hand knowledge...and this is hilarious: http://twitter.com/RealRCPD

ETP's old fraternity.

:surprised:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2010, 10:30:12 AM »