Author Topic: BMW gloating thread  (Read 17982 times)

The42Yardstick

Re: BMW gloating thread
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »
'grats, BMW :party:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2010, 08:06:14 PM »
BMW,  going to the Chiefs game tomorrow night? :fatty:

No, but I will be attending Farmaggeddon (as long as Havs didn't die last night).

:surprised:

Before I say anything, quick question to the goEMAW constituency.  There aren't any EMAWs that are going to random other teams' games with other teams' fans that they've met on the interwebs, are there?

:cheers:
You guys wanna hang out?

Offline billyheisman

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • I wanna be your Phog
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2010, 09:24:40 PM »
Let's be rational here, folks.  Those trying to discount how big this victory was for KU by saying "well, GA Tech was overrated" need to take a closer look.  This is nearly the identical team they took to the OB last year.  Same freaking team.

I'm not laying claim to KU having a great team this year.  They aren't one, as great teams don't lose to FCS foes.  KU had a solid gameplan on defense, executed the plan, and didn't make any huge mistakes offensively.  That recipe will win some games with a young and unproven team.  Sound familier? 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »
Let's be rational here, folks.  Those trying to discount how big this victory was for KU by saying "well, GA Tech was overrated" need to take a closer look.  This is nearly the identical team they took to the OB last year.  Same freaking team.

I'm not laying claim to KU having a great team this year.  They aren't one, as great teams don't lose to FCS foes.  KU had a solid gameplan on defense, executed the plan, and didn't make any huge mistakes offensively.  That recipe will win some games with a young and unproven team.  Sound familier? 

hurtful.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2010, 09:33:47 PM »
The '09 KU/KSU v '10 Ga Tech/KU comparison is a good one.  I do see one small flaw- The presence of the 2nd coming of Ron Prince.  Kinda hard to see his team winning 4 Big 12 games.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2010, 10:04:34 PM »

Orange bowl where they lost to like.... the greatest team ever assembled... rite? rite?...

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »
GT didn't have any film on ku's qb/rb, hardly any film on ku's offense after just one game.  ku game planned well for this game.  gt got down, qb just flat out sucks at throwing.  ding ding winning noises.

Offline rbuch

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2010, 01:24:44 AM »
What's wrong with rushing the field after beating a top 15 opponent and ending an 8-game losing streaK? 

:confused:

I don't think retards think it's weird to eat with a cork on their fork either.

It was the biggest non-con win for KU since 1984, douche.

God it's miserable to imagine being a fan of ku football.

I can only dream of the day when KU makes one bowl appearance in six years.

I can honestly say I would be so much happier with my lot in life if my expectations were as low as yours
twitter.com/rbuch

Offline gibleis

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »
Anyone else notice that Daymond Patterson's TD was the leading highlight on Sportscenter last night?  I've gotta admit, all the national publicity feels pretty good.  

:love:

KU got just as much pub from the game the week before

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2010, 02:43:50 AM »
I personally would celebrate like crazy if I only got toi have sex with a hot chick like evey 25 years.  Course, I would talk like it happens all the time.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2010, 08:09:02 AM »
I personally would celebrate like crazy if I only got toi have sex with a hot chick like evey 25 years.  Course, I would talk like it happens all the time.
Is it not surprising to anybody else that JT hasn't had sex with a hot chick?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2010, 09:18:47 AM »
I'm a little surprised that you can't read.  :dunno:

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2010, 09:52:25 AM »

Basically the same team... except for losing:
  • Jonathan Dwyer: ACC Offensive POY, 2800 rushing yds in 2008 & 2009
  • Demaryious Thomas:  1154 Receiving yds, 8 TD, 1st WR selected in 2010 draft
  • Derrick Morgan: ACC Defensive POY, 12.5 sacks
  • Morgan Burnett:  14 career INT, 3rd Round pick
  • Cord Howard: 1st Team ACC OL

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2010, 09:53:49 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2010, 10:26:07 AM »

:eek:

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »

actually, Ga Tech had to replace 4 starters on the OLine.  "Nearly identical" offensively if you are just referring to the QB because when you subtract Dwyer, Thomas, & 4 OLineman it may change things just a little bit.  It's still a good win for KU considering the new coaching staff and last week's crash but this is not a Ga Tech team we saw last year.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:04:02 AM by IchabodCat »
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2010, 10:56:56 AM »
Manhatter is cool.

Offline Andy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »
Anyone else notice that Daymond Patterson's TD was the leading highlight on Sportscenter last night?  I've gotta admit, all the national publicity feels pretty good.  
:love:

wasn't there plenty of national pub last week too?

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2010, 11:18:20 PM »
Beems, you seem to forget that everyone is someones North Dakota St/Northern Iowa. Ku just happens to be that for Ga Tech.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2010, 09:00:07 PM »
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=302542460

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa -- Carlos Anderson rushed for 158 yards, including a 12-yard game-clinching score in the third quarter, and the Northern Iowa defense had 11 sacks Saturday en route to a 16-9 victory over North Dakota State.

Tirrell Rennie added 172 yards passing and 96 yards rushing for the Panthers, who were opening the season with a Missouri Valley Conference game against the Bison.

North Dakota State (1-1, 0-1), coming off a 6-3 win over Kansas last week, was held to minus-40 yards rushing due to the loss of 77 yards on sacks.

Jose Mohler completed 20 of 35 passes for 247 yards for the Bison but was picked off twice. He also had a 16-yard run with 4:28 left in the game for North Dakota State's only touchdown.

The Bison got the ball back with 1:33 remaining, but their drive stalled after back-to-back sacks by Northern Iowa closed out the game.

So, yeah, our UCLA win was overshadowed by Stanford destroying them....but the 1-AA you lost to...was dominated .......Northern Iowa.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:02:10 PM by Bookcat »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »
It's too late, Ben's got a new supply of Jayhawk stickers and all the ku posters in his room have been put back up on the walls.

Ben "RIP ku football" William is back in business until the next meltdown.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2010, 09:23:12 PM »
From ESPN:
11. Kansas (1-1): The enigmatic Jayhawks took a big step with the win against Georgia Tech, but I'm not sure anyone knows what to expect when they go on the road for the first time this week for a Friday nighter against Southern Miss on ESPN. I'd tell the Kansas fans who rushed the field after the game to act like they'd been there before, but most of them hadn't. Kansas' last win over a ranked team was in November 2008 against No. 13 Missouri, and that was on a neutral field. The last home win over a ranked opponent? Missouri in 2003, when the Tigers were ranked No. 23. Saturday was a big one. Storm away, Jayhawks fans.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2010, 09:25:25 PM »
I still can't believe they rushed the field. How embarrassing.

:lol:

first win at home over a ranked team since 2003...when they had Bill Brittlemore. (Whittemore)

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2010, 10:26:16 PM »
From ESPN:
11. Kansas (1-1): The enigmatic Jayhawks took a big step with the win against Georgia Tech, but I'm not sure anyone knows what to expect when they go on the road for the first time this week for a Friday nighter against Southern Miss on ESPN. I'd tell the Kansas fans who rushed the field after the game to act like they'd been there before, but most of them hadn't. Kansas' last win over a ranked team was in November 2008 against No. 13 Missouri, and that was on a neutral field. The last home win over a ranked opponent? Missouri in 2003, when the Tigers were ranked No. 23. Saturday was a big one. Storm away, Jayhawks fans.

KU rushed the field after beating Iowa State in 2005.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2010, 10:46:20 PM »
From ESPN:

KU rushed the field after beating Iowa State in 2005.
There are probably a dozen more pathetic instances