Author Topic: 2010 Recruiting Thread  (Read 115765 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 20, 2010, 03:16:44 PM »
Undy even gets local mentions.

:jerk:

I'm not defending his recruiting.  It's just evidence he's doing something, poorly.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 20, 2010, 03:23:06 PM »
thought of a good one.  andre gilbert.

Q

wow.  even better.

I figured that's the road you were going down.  I think he's as likely to be Akeem as he is Q though; we'll see.

With his offers, you could at least argue he's a decent prospect. 

What boggles the mind is that he can be compared to all of the following: Q, Akeem, Evan Turner (may be missing some folks here).

Methinks no one really knows what we're getting with this guy, Frank included.
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 20, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »
F this staff and their "Right Fit" bull$hit . . . say hello to the NIT (Maybe) in 2012. 

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 20, 2010, 03:33:21 PM »
i wish that if we were going canada-ian that we would have stayed white canada-ian.  there's been some good ones- steve nash, dirk navitsky, ron paulus, john stockton, etc.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/luke_winn/04/20/canadian.pointguards/index.html?eref=sihp

Offline canadian_breeze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 20, 2010, 03:36:08 PM »
i wish that if we were going canada-ian that we would have stayed white canada-ian.  there's been some good ones- steve nash, dirk navitsky, ron paulus, john stockton, etc.

rick fox is the greatest canadian bball player of all time imo

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 20, 2010, 03:41:13 PM »
I think he helps our :love: factor a lot! Still the sexiest team in the big XII even after losing Denis!

He also says "torn-ament" which is probably why Frank decided to offer him.

catzacker

« Reply #456 on: April 20, 2010, 03:47:37 PM »
Southwell -  Akeem Wright

very tired of this comparo.  southwell hasn't proven he can do anything as well as wright did, except maybe run the point in juco/hs.  which was by far the least useful of wright's skills.  when southwell guards someones best player and pulls down 8 boards at the sf spot, maybe he'll deserve a wright comparo.  until then he's just a random 6'6" guy with no discernible ability that translates to high major bball.

it's a comparo that has to occur, nonetheless.  Any kid whose not a point guard, not an off guard and not a small forward, but has some skill set that all 3 positions need, just not at the level that all three need, will have to be compared to akeem.  it's standard practice.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 20, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/luke_winn/04/20/canadian.pointguards/index.html?eref=sihp

rub it in J-Mart, just rub it right the eff in why don't you  :curse:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Final Schollie Given to Point Guard
« Reply #458 on: April 20, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 20, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »

sounds to me like this isn't really a canada issue.  all these pgs are from ontario.  makes you wonder if they've got pg in the water up there in ontario.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 20, 2010, 04:34:39 PM »

sounds to me like this isn't really a canada issue.  all these pgs are from ontario.  makes you wonder if they've got pg in the water up there in ontario.

pOiNTguARdIO   :eek:

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 20, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure Figger's the only one that does anything.

Figger sucks.  Bar far the worst on the staff.  Wish he would die. (mostly becuase he's not Oppenhiemer)

catzacker

« Reply #462 on: April 20, 2010, 04:39:30 PM »
has Figgs brought in any quality players yet?  I'm talking committed and signed players. 

Offline DOOMsday

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Final Schollie Given to Point Guard
« Reply #463 on: April 20, 2010, 04:43:38 PM »

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 20, 2010, 04:45:51 PM »
has Figgs brought in any quality players yet?  I'm talking committed and signed players. 

Nick Russell is the only player he's brought period.  Bash Undy all you want, if not for Undy we wouldn't even be able to fill out a roster in the future.  Te and Figs are just collecting checks until the Titanic sinks.  At least Te filled up the boat at the begining.  Figger is a waste of space.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 20, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »
Wish he would die. (mostly becuase he's not Oppenhiemer)

This is fair, because of the bolded.  But he is not the worst on the staff, at all.  (Underwood)

Bash Undy all you want, if not for Undy we wouldn't even be able to fill out a roster in the future.

Elaborate.  From what I can tell, Russell is far and away better than anyone Unds has brought in.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 20, 2010, 05:03:07 PM »
Sprads - Boshee  :pray: just because I remember how annoying he was to go against
Southwell -  Evan Turner mixed with Q Buchanon?  :dunno:
Asprilla - Demetri Hill :drool:
Maple Leaf - Blake Young 2.0  :tongue:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 20, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »
Didn't think this staff would disintegrate into SLTH mode so quickly.   Thought we might sniff the NCAA 2012, and for a couple of more years.

Very disappointed.   Might as well go find  Fred McCoy Jr. and Jean Derouiller Jr.  and bring them in to make the trip back into basketball oblivion a true circle of life a fait accompli
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:05:44 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 20, 2010, 05:04:26 PM »

This is fair, because of the bolded.  But he is not the worst on the staff, at all.  (Underwood)

Bash Undy all you want, if not for Undy we wouldn't even be able to fill out a roster in the future.

Elaborate.  From what I can tell, Russell is far and away better than anyone Unds has brought in.

I actually like Russell, but one player in 4 classes isn't enough.  If everyone sucked like Figs we'd only have 4 players on the court.  Undy at least helps fill out the roster.  (Undy still sucks not defending him, just don't see how anyone could defend Figs)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 20, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »

I actually like Russell, but one player in 4 classes isn't enough.  If everyone sucked like Figs we'd only have 4 players on the court.  Undy at least helps fill out the roster.  (Undy still sucks not defending him, just don't see how anyone could defend Figs)

So who has Underwood gotten?  (FWIW, I could have landed Sprads and Nino)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 20, 2010, 05:15:56 PM »

pretty much every non-ks, non-pg mention kstate has gotten for 2011 and beyond is from figger country.  maybe figger just doesn't know how to silence recruits?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 20, 2010, 05:16:58 PM »

pretty much every non-ks, non-pg mention kstate has gotten for 2011 and beyond is from figger country.  maybe figger just doesn't know how to silence recruits?

change that to pretty much all the '10 and non-DCA 09 mentions too.  I know mentions don't count, but it's more than the other 2 retards are getting.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 20, 2010, 05:19:28 PM »
Sprads - Boshee  :pray: just because I remember how annoying he was to go against
Southwell -  Evan Turner mixed with Q Buchanon?  :dunno:
Asprilla - Demetri Hill :drool:
Maple Leaf - Blake Young 2.0  :tongue:

Sprads - not a white guy
Southwell - poor man's Wes Witherspoon
Asprillia - Somebody from the 80s
Juevol - Chris Griffin

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 20, 2010, 05:21:24 PM »

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 20, 2010, 05:24:43 PM »

change that to pretty much all the '10 and non-DCA 09 mentions too.  I know mentions don't count, but it's more than the other 2 retards are getting.

:lol:  Mentions.   :lol:  Figs sucks.  Won't defend anyone else, but Figs and his one trick, least minutes on the roster pony is horrible.