Author Topic: Facility upgrades from Coloradmommacat's son  (Read 5677 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Facility upgrades from Coloradmommacat's son
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 08:51:50 PM »
Again, my son is supplying me with info he's receiving in his office...says an announcement is forthcoming about these improvements....I'm just cutting and pasting his email so the board police can ignore any misspellings or gramatical errors because he's writing in between projects.  tongue

·         Due to fire code and ADA issues, the new basketball practice facility will be a separate building on the west side of Bramlage instead of truly integrated into the building.  It will be connected via enclosed walkways, etc., but a full connection would have triggered a full (and expensive) upgrade of Bramlage to meet all modern fire and ADA standards.

·         The existing east side upper deck will get new restrooms and concessions in a structure built off the side of the existing one.

·         A new structure will be built on the west side, replacing the existing press box and suites.  One poster strongly suggested we look closely at what has been done by VaTech at Lane Stadium.  They indicated the structure will be a major improvement, with a nice (limestone?) façade, and will include new suites, club level seating, and press areas.  It might stretch end zone to end zone, with 3 or 4 levels that will overhang the current seating bowl.

·         The existing east club level will be renovated to match the new west club level.

·         They weren’t sure if it was a serious consideration now in this phase, but there are talks to add permanent seating on the NE and NW corners of the stadium by curving the seating bowl around and over the existing grass/ landscaped areas to further enclose the stadium and further increase the noise level.  This seating would replace the existing aluminum bleachers placed on the concourse level.

·         Additional fan amenity improvements (new bathrooms, concessions) on the concourse.

·         The new football practice facility is a long term goal (possible north of Kimball Ave and connected to the Vanier Complex via skybridge), but could change with a major donor.

·         They have $45 million in state-issued bonds already, with at least an additional $12 million in private donations lined up for the projects.  Still no lead naming rights donor for the basketball practice facility though.  It wasn’t clear, but if I understood it correctly, we may be looking for more bonding authority at an upcoming regents/ state bond authority meeting.  Either that, or the meeting is to discuss the existing bond sale.

·         After being almost $2 million in the red when he took over, Currie has the athletic department in the black now.
They are practically begging for it to be goEMAW.com Practice Palace.

If we did that it would significantly limit the amount of cash we can give recruits.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 09:07:17 PM »
capt crap?

I know this guy is super insidery. But who is he?

He has a great avatar, and is as insidery as it gets, pretty much always right.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 09:07:21 PM »
There's was or is going to be the requisite public meeting for comment on the issuance of bonds by the Kansas Dev. Finance Authority on behalf of K-State Athletics Inc.   So that's pretty much the last step besides the BOR giving the issuance of bonds the final thumbs up. 

Things are being played very close to the vest for a number of reasons right now.

We owe Prince more than $3 mil.??   :ohno: :ohno:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 09:12:31 PM »
Rule no. 1 of attempting to appear being insidery:  Be super vague. 

fyp.  :peek:

Offline twenty6

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:17 PM »
Again, my son is supplying me with info he's receiving in his office...says an announcement is forthcoming about these improvements....I'm just cutting and pasting his email so the board police can ignore any misspellings or gramatical errors because he's writing in between projects.  tongue

·         Due to fire code and ADA issues (not the reason as east/west are nearly identical), the new basketball practice facility will be a separate building on the west (east) side of Bramlage instead of truly integrated into the building.  It will be connected (no) via enclosed walkways, etc., but a full connection would have triggered a full (and expensive) upgrade of Bramlage to meet all modern fire and ADA standards.

·         The existing east side upper deck will get new restrooms (most likely) and concessions in a structure built off the side of the existing one.

·         A new structure will be built on the west side, replacing the existing press box and suites.  One poster strongly suggested we look closely at what has been done by VaTech at Lane Stadium.  They indicated the structure will be a major improvement, with a nice (limestone?) façade, and will include new suites, club level seating, and press areas.  It might stretch end zone to end zone, with 3 or 4 levels that will overhang the current seating bowl. (some iteration of this)

·         The existing east club level will be renovated to match the new west club level. (maybe someday)

·         They weren’t sure if it was a serious consideration now in this phase, but there are talks to add permanent seating on the NE and NW corners of the stadium by curving the seating bowl around and over the existing grass/ landscaped areas to further enclose the stadium and further increase the noise level.  This seating would replace the existing aluminum bleachers placed on the concourse level. (not feasible)

·         Additional fan amenity improvements (new bathrooms, concessions) on the concourse.

·         The new football practice facility is a long term goal (possible north of Kimball Ave and connected to the Vanier Complex via skybridge), but could change with a major donor. (incredibly long term.  skybridge?  no.)

·         They have $45 million in state-issued bonds already, with at least an additional $12 million in private donations lined up for the projects.  Still no lead naming rights donor (not from what i understand) for the basketball practice facility though.  It wasn’t clear, but if I understood it correctly, we may be looking for more bonding authority at an upcoming regents/ state bond authority meeting.  Either that, or the meeting is to discuss the existing bond sale. (all donations for bball practice and bonding for football)

·         After being almost $2 million in the red when he took over, Currie has the athletic department in the black now.

half of this is accurate.

my comments in bold.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:08:42 PM by twenty6 »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 01:13:28 AM »
Maybe we could purchase tarpaulin's that look like limestone.  :dunno:

great idea.  fantastic ood upgrade.  i'm emailing this to currie.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 01:26:09 AM »
Just cover the whole damn thing with limestone tarps.  Would look sweet.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 01:42:41 AM »
Just cover the whole damn thing with limestone tarps.  Would look sweet.

pffft, that's ridiculous.  no, just for the tunnel.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."