Author Topic: Facility upgrades from Coloradmommacat's son  (Read 5679 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Facility upgrades from Coloradmommacat's son
« on: September 08, 2010, 03:52:09 PM »
Again, my son is supplying me with info he's receiving in his office...says an announcement is forthcoming about these improvements....I'm just cutting and pasting his email so the board police can ignore any misspellings or gramatical errors because he's writing in between projects.  tongue

·         Due to fire code and ADA issues, the new basketball practice facility will be a separate building on the west side of Bramlage instead of truly integrated into the building.  It will be connected via enclosed walkways, etc., but a full connection would have triggered a full (and expensive) upgrade of Bramlage to meet all modern fire and ADA standards.

·         The existing east side upper deck will get new restrooms and concessions in a structure built off the side of the existing one.

·         A new structure will be built on the west side, replacing the existing press box and suites.  One poster strongly suggested we look closely at what has been done by VaTech at Lane Stadium.  They indicated the structure will be a major improvement, with a nice (limestone?) façade, and will include new suites, club level seating, and press areas.  It might stretch end zone to end zone, with 3 or 4 levels that will overhang the current seating bowl.

·         The existing east club level will be renovated to match the new west club level.

·         They weren’t sure if it was a serious consideration now in this phase, but there are talks to add permanent seating on the NE and NW corners of the stadium by curving the seating bowl around and over the existing grass/ landscaped areas to further enclose the stadium and further increase the noise level.  This seating would replace the existing aluminum bleachers placed on the concourse level.

·         Additional fan amenity improvements (new bathrooms, concessions) on the concourse.

·         The new football practice facility is a long term goal (possible north of Kimball Ave and connected to the Vanier Complex via skybridge), but could change with a major donor.

·         They have $45 million in state-issued bonds already, with at least an additional $12 million in private donations lined up for the projects.  Still no lead naming rights donor for the basketball practice facility though.  It wasn’t clear, but if I understood it correctly, we may be looking for more bonding authority at an upcoming regents/ state bond authority meeting.  Either that, or the meeting is to discuss the existing bond sale.

·         After being almost $2 million in the red when he took over, Currie has the athletic department in the black now.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Facility upgrades from Coloradmommacat's son
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 03:57:45 PM »
They need to build a limestone wall from the top of the existing upper deck to the ground.  It looks weird and kind of janky right now.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline twenty6

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 04:23:33 PM »
Again, my son is supplying me with info he's receiving in his office...says an announcement is forthcoming about these improvements....I'm just cutting and pasting his email so the board police can ignore any misspellings or gramatical errors because he's writing in between projects.  tongue

·         Due to fire code and ADA issues, the new basketball practice facility will be a separate building on the west side of Bramlage instead of truly integrated into the building.  It will be connected via enclosed walkways, etc., but a full connection would have triggered a full (and expensive) upgrade of Bramlage to meet all modern fire and ADA standards.

·         The existing east side upper deck will get new restrooms and concessions in a structure built off the side of the existing one.

·         A new structure will be built on the west side, replacing the existing press box and suites.  One poster strongly suggested we look closely at what has been done by VaTech at Lane Stadium.  They indicated the structure will be a major improvement, with a nice (limestone?) façade, and will include new suites, club level seating, and press areas.  It might stretch end zone to end zone, with 3 or 4 levels that will overhang the current seating bowl.

·         The existing east club level will be renovated to match the new west club level.

·         They weren’t sure if it was a serious consideration now in this phase, but there are talks to add permanent seating on the NE and NW corners of the stadium by curving the seating bowl around and over the existing grass/ landscaped areas to further enclose the stadium and further increase the noise level.  This seating would replace the existing aluminum bleachers placed on the concourse level.

·         Additional fan amenity improvements (new bathrooms, concessions) on the concourse.

·         The new football practice facility is a long term goal (possible north of Kimball Ave and connected to the Vanier Complex via skybridge), but could change with a major donor.

·         They have $45 million in state-issued bonds already, with at least an additional $12 million in private donations lined up for the projects.  Still no lead naming rights donor for the basketball practice facility though.  It wasn’t clear, but if I understood it correctly, we may be looking for more bonding authority at an upcoming regents/ state bond authority meeting.  Either that, or the meeting is to discuss the existing bond sale.

·         After being almost $2 million in the red when he took over, Currie has the athletic department in the black now.

half of this is accurate.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 04:27:22 PM »

:surprised:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »

elaborate
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:29:46 PM »

:surprised:

does that mean the other half is inaccurate or you just don't have confirmation?  Also please highlight the accurate parts.   :cheers:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »
Rule no. 1 of attempting to appear insidery:  Be super vague. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 04:36:15 PM »

Delete the bunk info please.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »
Daughtercat? :fatty:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 04:52:05 PM »
Would love CaptainCrap's input.

:users:

Offline Jmo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 05:03:54 PM »
The AD department got estimates for a limestone wall around the field.....  Says that it is most likely not going to happen in the near future.   :embarrassed:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »
The AD department got estimates for a limestone wall around the field.....  Says that it is most likely not going to happen in the near future.   :embarrassed:

Would be ok losing this if the rest gets built.

Offline Jmo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 05:05:25 PM »

BTW...all of that is a rehash of what has been posted on GPC....not insidery at all.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »

Maybe we could purchase tarpaulin's that look like limestone.  :dunno:

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 05:10:32 PM »

BTW...all of that is a rehash of what has been posted on GPC....not insidery at all.

Kind of what I thought. I posted the bold area the other day and DAX has said the same thing as well.
RIP Fatty

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 05:11:22 PM »
capt crap?
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
I want confirmation, damnit.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 05:59:46 PM »

I've heard that more private money than that has been raised, but don't have any way of confirming it right now.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 06:30:39 PM »

That's still good step if half of this happens. And as long as the basketball facility is in that half.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 06:31:49 PM »
Lane Stadium tower/press box expansion cost $52M of which $15M came from private donations, the rest came from debt servicing. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 06:34:53 PM »

They are practically begging for it to be goEMAW.com Practice Palace.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 07:03:05 PM »

They are practically begging for it to be goEMAW.com Practice Palace.

:love:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »

I've heard that more private money than that has been raised, but don't have any way of confirming it right now.

JFC, can't we have a little fun and start announcing these projects since we have way more than a 4:1 ratio on our bonding authority. Or are we still in the mode where debt is bad and we can only do things with cash in hand?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »
There's was or is going to be the requisite public meeting for comment on the issuance of bonds by the Kansas Dev. Finance Authority on behalf of K-State Athletics Inc.   So that's pretty much the last step besides the BOR giving the issuance of bonds the final thumbs up. 

Things are being played very close to the vest for a number of reasons right now.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 07:38:15 PM »
capt crap?

I know this guy is super insidery. But who is he?