Author Topic: Lew Retirement Moved Up  (Read 9799 times)

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
Re: Lew Retirement Moved Up
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »
if currie got us into a bcs game we didn't deserve to be in i would poop my pants w/ happiness and love him for life.  
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2010, 06:13:36 PM »
KSU would earn it with "heart" and "determination" fwiw  :jerk:

it's because we recruit 5-heart players across the board

Offline bigdaddy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2010, 06:35:15 PM »
Looks like Jack nailed it months ago:

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2010, 07:11:13 PM »
Looks like Jack nailed it months ago:

I'm telling you, Jack is gold Jerry, gold.

Offline mortons toe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 08:44:39 PM »
So Lew gets to retire over a year early, and still picks up the 600k retention bonus?

Even in ending his career, Lew is incredibly elite.   :love:

No.  He picked up $2million.   :surprised:

How much would you guys pay for a national championship and a BCS Bowl?  

I think the real question is "how much did YOU guys pay for your nc and BCS bowl?"
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:46:26 PM by mortons toe »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 08:47:48 PM »
Not disputing Lew helped ku.  But boy did he make ku pay him for it.  The $2mill from today is on top of all the violations and the 4.2mil he took last year.

Lew perpetuated ku's national rep as being the dirtiest around.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »
The man is a full on genius.   

Soon we'll be seeing the FY 2010 Financial Reports.   The EADA reports are due to the Dept. of Education in October and they'll be updating their website.   I know the auditors are finishing up the annual audit at K-State right now.   We could be in for some fascinating reading.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2010, 08:55:53 PM »
The man is a full on genius.   

Soon we'll be seeing the FY 2010 Financial Reports.   The EADA reports are due to the Dept. of Education in October and they'll be updating their website.   I know the auditors are finishing up the annual audit at K-State right now.   We could be in for some fascinating reading.

:popcorn:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »
Hard to really understand how much Lew did for KU, and how much KU did for KU.  Despite my lack of any experience working in an Athletic Dept, I'm confident that I would be able to increase Athletic Dept revenues at the University of Kansas. 

Having said that, there's two ways to do things, the right way and the crap way.  Lew chose the latter and has left KU's administration, fans, and alumni to deal with it. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »
Hard to really understand how much Lew did for KU, and how much KU did for KU.  Despite my lack of any experience working in an Athletic Dept, I'm confident that I would be able to increase Athletic Dept revenues at the University of Kansas. 

Having said that, there's two ways to do things, the right way and the feces way.  Lew chose the latter and has left KU's administration, fans, and alumni to deal with it. 

When Lew started going to the "I'm old" barrel repeatedly, that's when you knew there was an absolute $hitstorm going on behind the closed doors.   Tardville seems to think that since they're giving him his "retention" money that means they're all in the clear on the ticket scandal.  But another school of thought is to buy the guys silence, and help him possibly pay for some hefty legal fees coming down the line.   Lew lawyers up and suddenly the truth comes filtered through legal counsel.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »
What an absolutely terrible time to retire. Makes the university looks like it's crumbling down....

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2010, 10:14:55 PM »
What an absolutely terrible time to retire. Makes the university looks like it's crumbling down....

:ksu:  :woot:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2010, 10:26:30 PM »
KSU burns down another!!!!   :excited:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2010, 11:04:15 PM »
We should've seen this coming when he was forced to delete his facebook account.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2010, 11:04:25 PM »
Gridiron Club:  Coming Fall 2010

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »

Having said that, there's two ways to do things, the right way and the feces way.  Lew chose the latter and has left KU's administration, fans, and alumni to deal with it. 

When Lew started going to the "I'm old" barrel repeatedly, that's when you knew there was an absolute $hitstorm going on behind the closed doors.   Tardville seems to think that since they're giving him his "retention" money that means they're all in the clear on the ticket scandal.  But another school of thought is to buy the guys silence, and help him possibly pay for some hefty legal fees coming down the line.   Lew lawyers up and suddenly the truth comes filtered through legal counsel.

I beileve the reason is they paid the 2 mill to put the former by his name. Also so that they can burn him alive once the FBI or NCAA and say look we took care of the problem. Also telling is how far they went down to slap the interm title.
RIP Fatty

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2010, 08:45:06 AM »

QFT -- There's a hell of a back story on this early retirement deal.  The original retirement was fishy to begin with, hung with the stink of giving Lew time to cover on some other, unknowm mess in the ku athletic dept.  This quasi-firing tells me that he failed, and the details are going to surface.