Author Topic: Depth Chart  (Read 14787 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Depth Chart
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2010, 03:48:54 PM »
Guess that's how they admit defeat in Oklahoma.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2010, 03:52:02 PM »
what kind of 1 year old can type on a BBS? 

I call bullshit

Mods, can we please make it manditory to provide a birth certificate for all users from now on?

TIA
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
Guess that's how they admit defeat in Oklahoma.

It's obvious that you know nothing about football, or life in general.  But that makes sense, you're a 1 year old.  I bet you're freaking adorable, in that "look at the ugly baby" way.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
It's obvious that you know nothing about football, or life in general.

He's got a point jtksu.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2010, 04:12:41 PM »
Please enlighten me on the ways of football, as I am obviously an idiot.  What offense is it that we run, the one where we gameplan around getting touches for our back-up WRs?  The super secret offense where Snyder attempts to fool everyone by burying the better players behind the lessor players on the depth chart.  The offense that some god damn wedding photographer from OK is so adept at dissecting.  Cause in every other offense on the god damn planet, the best players get the most playing time and this structure is outlined by this thing called a depth chart.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2010, 04:14:23 PM »
I agree with jtksu about Harper, not thrilled about him.

Doesn't change the fact that jtksu is a smelly loser.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2010, 04:18:22 PM »
I think Harper has a bunch of talent and really want him to succeed but you guys are kidding yourself if you think he's going to get a bunch of touches in the spot he is currently in.  I don't see him getting more than 2-3 catches until something changes.  He didn't start in the spring game and he apparently hasn't done much to improve his stock.  I want the best players getting the touches and if Chris isn't one of them, well sucks for him.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2010, 04:21:36 PM »
My guess is we run the double reverse 3 or 4 times a game for Harper.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2010, 04:23:01 PM »
Please enlighten me on the ways of football, as I am obviously an idiot.  What offense is it that we run, the one where we gameplan around getting touches for our back-up WRs?  The super secret offense where Snyder attempts to fool everyone by burying the better players behind the lessor players on the depth chart.  The offense that some god damn wedding photographer from OK is so adept at dissecting.  Cause in every other offense on the god damn planet, the best players get the most playing time and this structure is outlined by this thing called a depth chart.

Harper is one of the most athletically gifted guys on the team.  If you try and argue with that, then you are a giant, smelly turd.  You get the ball to your athletic playmakers.  If you try and argue that, then you're a giant, smelly turd.

Basically, I'm calling you a giant, smelly turd.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2010, 04:24:18 PM »
I was kinda thinking Tremaine would get those reverses/double reverses.  Harper is pretty fast but I think Tremaine is even faster.  For some reason, I'm really excited about Tremaine this year.  And obviously Brod.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2010, 04:55:01 PM »
I only use 2 fingers...

sheesh.   :surprised:

On a related note, Mayfield at 350.. Wilson at 250..  It's gonna look like a Tijuana Donkey show out there.  Gaping holes everywhere.  right? 

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2010, 04:58:21 PM »
I was kinda thinking Tremaine would get those reverses/double reverses.  Harper is pretty fast but I think Tremaine is even faster.  For some reason, I'm really excited about Tremaine this year.  And obviously Brod.

I'm excited to see Brodrick Smith play next season.  I've heard nothing but great things about him.  My only concern if I were a K-State fan would be Coffman's ability to get him the ball. 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
Yeah, Carson's ability to get the ball to receivers is a major key to our success this year.  We should have everything he needs on that side of the ball but it's up to him to actually execute.  Kinda depressing to think that he will be central to our wins and losses this year.

Offline big e z

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »
On the Harper thing... I thought I read somewhere that Thompson was a better route runner and was able to get a little more seperation from the db. I believe the thought was that once the ball was in Harper's hand, he was money. I think they were talking about bringing Harper in and getting him the ball in other ways (screens, etc) where route running was not so much important, and then letting him utilize his athletism.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
What's the deal w/ Quarles then?  Can't Harper eventually take his starting spot?

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
Guys guys guys. Settle down.

Our starters are bound to get tired at some point. And when that time comes, guess who's going to be racking up the catches?  :ksu:

Offline big e z

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2010, 05:43:22 PM »
Just a guess, but as Harper develops as a more polished reciever, I could see our recieving corp being Smith and Harper as the wide outs, and Thompson as the slot. Maybe that won't happen until next year, but that would still leave a couple years with a pretty decent line up at recievers.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:44:58 PM by big e z »

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2010, 05:54:12 PM »
The LBers defense makes me want to cry.

Offline The Minister

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »
Demarcus Robinson?   :dunno:

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2010, 07:34:42 PM »
Demarcus Robinson?   :dunno:

The answer is "true freshman who is very talented but will greatly benefit from a redshirt year."
3021  RIP

Offline W.Churchill

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2010, 07:57:40 PM »
I think Harper has a bunch of talent and really want him to succeed but you guys are kidding yourself if you think he's going to get a bunch of touches in the spot he is currently in.  I don't see him getting more than 2-3 catches until something changes.  He didn't start in the spring game and he apparently hasn't done much to improve his stock.  I want the best players getting the touches and if Chris isn't one of them, well sucks for him.

Just a question which I truly don't know the answer to......can anyone think of a high ranked recruit who transferred and then became a serious contributor to his new team?  I can't....but I can think of a whole bunch of guys who didn't. 

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »
Isn't Harper running the Wildcat?  :confused:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline BRULL

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2010, 08:31:18 PM »
What's the deal w/ Quarles then?  Can't Harper eventually take his starting spot?

jt, I don't post much and usually sit back and let everyone make their usual sarcastic, cryptic responses because they are usually humorous.  I just can't take your ineptness any longer. You act like the coaches don't see these guys workout every day. I'm sure, just as everyone here, the coaches want to see Chris on the field (probably no one more than PW). And, I would guess from the close relationship that old balls has with Chris, he more than anyone would like to see Chris succeed. In coach speak, it's up to Chris.

Obviously, he will see the field more than you can realize. Just because he is second string the first week does not mean he will remain there. This depth chart, like many teams', is fluid. Give him more time. The coaches may want him to get his weight under control, or see a position change. Just an example, not saying I have insidery info. Maybe he is still coping with the position change and they want to bring him in a little slower. I would not be surprised if there are certain packages that are revolving around what Chris can do to help the team.

I personally, am excited for Tramaine. With the news we all have been getting throughout the off-season, how can anyone be surprised by Chris' current position on the depth chart?

:powerespect:

Offline 3rdGenKSt8r

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
Anyone else notice that Foketi is listed at 300 lbs, which is 50 lbs lighter than he was when he transferred?  Two-a-days are a bitch!

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »

Just a question which I truly don't know the answer to......can anyone think of a high ranked recruit who transferred and then became a serious contributor to his new team?  I can't....but I can think of a whole bunch of guys who didn't. 

That's good question.  I can't think of any either, though it happens with Juco players all the time (DT is a good example), so I don't think it's an issue with changing systems or trying to fit in.  Frankly, I am kinda counting on it happening with Brod this year.