Author Topic: Is it really racism...  (Read 32628 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is it really racism...
« Reply #325 on: July 09, 2020, 08:37:05 AM »
I thought filing a false report was already a crime.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 09, 2020, 11:25:02 AM »
Which makes it that much worse that his name is now being dragged by twitter observers.

He didn't have to say anything, did he? What was there to gain by doing that? Again, words have consequences, his is that he has to not search his name on twitter for a couple of days, boo hoo.

My word he's just a guy caught up in a viral video.  He was asked a question and answered it, he didn't go through some kind of cost/benefit analysis before giving that quote. 

And you think the twitter Karens can't stir up enough controversy to make a guy like Christian unemployable solely because he's now controversial?  It's not just his feelings at stake.

Stop man, people are disagreeing his thought process, no one is going after him, this is ridiculous.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 09, 2020, 11:27:14 AM »
I thought filing a false report was already a crime.

It is and that's the point people are making about the bird watcher. The proposed CAREN act in San Francisco takes this a step farther because often these calls to the cops don't actually lead to a report being filed.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 09, 2020, 12:25:41 PM »
Which makes it that much worse that his name is now being dragged by twitter observers.

He didn't have to say anything, did he? What was there to gain by doing that? Again, words have consequences, his is that he has to not search his name on twitter for a couple of days, boo hoo.
Smells like harassment.  ;) cc @rage against the mckee
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:38:47 PM by DQ12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2020, 12:59:32 PM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2020, 02:39:09 PM »
Lol. Good luck with that, Karen.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 13, 2020, 02:39:22 PM »
That’s just the content we need to get the Woke World thread back on track.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 13, 2020, 03:09:06 PM »
They should change their name to the Power Rangers. Have 9 different colored uniforms on the field at all times (would probably have to create a couple of new rangers to do this) and alter the batting helmets to look more authentic.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 13, 2020, 04:13:13 PM »
Lol. Good luck with that, Karen.

When worlds collide
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 13, 2020, 08:06:16 PM »
They should change their name to the Power Rangers. Have 9 different colored uniforms on the field at all times (would probably have to create a couple of new rangers to do this) and alter the batting helmets to look more authentic.
It’s really not too hard if you consider the green and white rangers as two different rangers. That gives you 7 of the original rangers.

What about the other two you ask? Alpha 5 and zordon of course. What a stupid question lmao.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 13, 2020, 10:20:41 PM »
Keep arresting these Karens
https://twitter.com/Purplegarter1/status/1279786684817735684

It's pretty obvious this dude is a stupid eff.  What kind of response is "I don't know what color are you?"  as an answer to the obvious question "Are you following me because I'm black?".
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2020, 10:59:13 AM »
How the hell don't we have a master Karen thread? Anyway

https://twitter.com/thejessica_j/status/1280890225456111616
That guy was put in such a crummy situation.  Sounds like he just wanted to go out and watch some birds, and then he was thrust into this cultural flashpoint that he never asked for.

I ain't mad at him, he can feel however he wants to feel but his opinion on whether or not she should be charged for this crime is as valid as mine or dax's.
True.  His willingness to cooperate though is up to him.

Good thing is the prosecutors won't need his cooperation.

Wonder how Christian Cooper feels now, actually I still don't give a eff. This woman is a threat to the public, and there should be sharp legal consequences to deter this crap. Using harsh sentences as a so called deterrent has been used for generations, no need to suddenly reverse course now.

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1316393519410536453

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 14, 2020, 11:16:53 AM »
She needs to do a little time, think it over.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2020, 11:24:55 AM »
Wonder how Christian Cooper feels now

He's got it all figured out.

In an interview on Wednesday, Mr. Cooper declined to answer specific questions about the second 911 call or about Ms. Cooper’s potential plea deal. For him, the encounter in Central Park is “not about Amy Cooper,” but about a larger societal problem, he said.

“My response is very simple: we have to make sure we don’t get distracted,” Mr. Cooper said. “We have a very important goal — and we have to stay focused on it — which is reforming policing, getting systemic change to the structural racism in our society.”

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 14, 2020, 11:29:41 AM »
Wonder how Christian Cooper feels now

He's got it all figured out.

In an interview on Wednesday, Mr. Cooper declined to answer specific questions about the second 911 call or about Ms. Cooper’s potential plea deal. For him, the encounter in Central Park is “not about Amy Cooper,” but about a larger societal problem, he said.

“My response is very simple: we have to make sure we don’t get distracted,” Mr. Cooper said. “We have a very important goal — and we have to stay focused on it — which is reforming policing, getting systemic change to the structural racism in our society.”

Captain False Equivalency

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 14, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »
She’s literally going through the justice system right now. How are you seriously pissed at the victim?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 14, 2020, 05:18:37 PM »
She’s literally going through the justice system right now. How are you seriously pissed at the victim?

You think I'm pissed at the dude because I pointed out that his statement is a false equivalency? Forget about me, what's your angle here?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 14, 2020, 08:54:57 PM »
I’ve got no angle. You just seem to upset at the guy and I’m not sure why. Your last two posts were about not caring what he has to say and that he’s drawing false equivalences.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 15, 2020, 12:49:07 AM »
Well I'm not upset and it isn't the least bit controversial that someone could have an opinion about this woman and still want to end systemic racism. The two things have nothing to do with each other. It's like someone asking him whether he likes chunky or creamy peanut butter and he responds "I'd rather we focus on eliminating childhood hunger." Like 75% of the posts on this board are dedicated to making fun of our holding someone account for saying something stupid, it's weird that you're choosing this to draw a line.

This dude keeps weighing in publicly to literally avoid the question he's being.asked because his entire world, his job, his hobby, his schooling, and probably his personal relationships are surrounded by people who more identify with her than with him and being the one black guy in the group and that black guy throwing a well heeled white woman under the bus to advance a greater cause puts him in a very bad spot. You definitely need to trust me on this one.

What he's doing is meant to make people like you, who are in his life, comfortable, it's why you're working so hard to cape up for this cornball.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: October 15, 2020, 08:14:26 AM »
Guess I just misunderstood

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 16, 2020, 07:00:59 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 16, 2020, 08:08:56 PM »
Just came to post this and it's definitely racist. That dude definitely knows how to say Kamala's name, he's served on committees with her. He knew he'd get a pop for mispronouncing her name, a sad, but accurate commentary on maga.

Also we haven't discussed the panties that the trump staff has handed out as masks this week.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 16, 2020, 08:14:01 PM »
Pretty gross
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 21, 2020, 09:04:14 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."