Author Topic: Most favorite KSU victories, and most soul crushing KSU losses.  (Read 2556 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Just pick two of each.  Also, you had to be in attendance for the games.

Wins
KSU vs OU in 2003 DRP  :thumbsup:
KSU vs. Texas 2006 (It looked like RP and Freemaw were on the way to glory)

Losses
KSU @ KU in 2004 eff You John Randle, and why the hell did we start Webb that game?
KSU vs Fresno St. in 2004  We ere top ten and got our asses kicked.  We looked really bad that day.  Turns out we were really bad.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Most favorite KSU victories, and most soul crushing KSU losses.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:39:38 AM »
Since I have pretty much attended every game ever, this is tough for me.

1. Kazzu vs. OU, Dr. Pepp.  No question.
2. USC, maybe?  Or North Texas '89.  Or 64-0.  No, probably a combination of the '98 Bill Braske game and the 2000 Bill Braske in the snow game.

Worst losses.
1. Without question, you all know what goes here.
2.  Marshall, maybe.  Or at KU 2004. 
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:39:22 AM »
Best

03 Dr. Pepper.
00 nubb
02 usc
00 tennessee

worst
marshall
fresno
00 OU, 01 OU.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »
W
2003 OU - given
2003 @ Nebraska - Clownsuiting J. Lo and the nubbs on senior day.  Empty stadium mid-way through the fourth.  First win in Lincoln in 30 years.

L
2003 Marshall
2001 CU - We were ranked #12 in the country and Purify/Brown/Barnett owned us all day. Buffs danced on the Powercat pre-game+post-game.   :curse:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 09:02:29 AM »
Good call.  That 2003 @ Lincoln win combined with the Dr. Pepper was, like, the greatest three weeks in history.  Not just KSUKat history.  HISTORY.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:17:25 AM »
Good call.  That 2003 @ Lincoln win combined with the Dr. Pepper was, like, the greatest three weeks in history.  Not just KSUKat history.  HISTORY.

Yep.  Underrated win amongst the Cat faithful for some reason, mostly because it's overshadowed by the Dr Pepper.  Remember walking from the piss stench confines of Memorial thinking that was the most amazing win I'd witnessed.  Not in my wildest of Cat victory dreams did I think we actually top it against OU two weeks later.  Sproles and Roberson beating down Iowa State in Ames, the week prior to Nubb, was also a sweet victory that started the stretch run.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:25:06 AM »
Wins:
Nubb 98
Nubb 00

Losses:
OU 00
aTm 98

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 09:32:42 AM »
Wins:

ku 1995 . . . absolutely destroyed a ku team that finished in the Top 10. 

mu 1997 . . . they came in all cocky thinking they were going to hand us our ass and Larry Smith hated K-State and LHC Bill Snyder.   K-State stomped a mud hole in them. 

Losses:

CU: 1994 and 1995.   The 1994 game, we took an absolutely loaded CU team to the wire, got completely screwed on a 3rd and Goal call when JJ Smith was in the endzone by a full yard and that f_cking ref looked right at it and said he didn't make it.   On 4th down Snyder went back to the well again and got stuffed.   Then May threw a couple of bad interceptions.    1995 . . . we should have won the game, pure and simple.   

NU: 1993 and 1994.  The 1994 is particularly painful because had K-State beat NU and then Beat CU the following week, we would have won the Big 8, even with the brain fart loss later in the year at ISU. 

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 09:37:45 AM »
Wins:

mu 1997 . . . they came in all cocky thinking they were going to hand us our ass and Larry Smith hated K-State and LHC Bill Snyder.   K-State stomped a mud hole in them. 

Losses:

CU: 1994 and 1995.   The 1994 game, we took an absolutely loaded CU team to the wire, got completely screwed on a 3rd and Goal call when JJ Smith was in the endzone by a full yard and that f_cking ref looked right at it and said he didn't make it.   On 4th down Snyder went back to the well again and got stuffed.   Then May threw a couple of bad interceptions.    1995 . . . we should have won the game, pure and simple.   

NU: 1993 and 1994.  The 1994 is particularly painful because had K-State beat NU and then Beat CU the following week, we would have won the Big 8, even with the brain fart loss later in the year at ISU. 

Pretty sure they came into that game ranked #7 but plummeted after that loss and finished nowhere near the top 10.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 09:42:07 AM »
Wins:

Losses:

Pretty sure they came into that game ranked #7 but plummeted after that loss and finished nowhere near the top 10.

Pretty sure they came in ranked #5 and we were ranked #7 and we finished #7 and they finished #9.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 09:48:49 AM »
Wins:

mu 1997 . . . they came in all cocky thinking they were going to hand us our ass and Larry Smith hated K-State and LHC Bill Snyder.   K-State stomped a mud hole in them.  

Losses:

CU: 1994 and 1995.   The 1994 game, we took an absolutely loaded CU team to the wire, got completely screwed on a 3rd and Goal call when JJ Smith was in the endzone by a full yard and that f_cking ref looked right at it and said he didn't make it.   On 4th down Snyder went back to the well again and got stuffed.   Then May threw a couple of bad interceptions.    1995 . . . we should have won the game, pure and simple.    

NU: 1993 and 1994.  The 1994 is particularly painful because had K-State beat NU and then Beat CU the following week, we would have won the Big 8, even with the brain fart loss later in the year at ISU.  

Dude, they actually played Cornhole for a share of the Big 8 title in Lawrence later that year.   Of course in typical ku fashion they gave up half the stadium to Cornhole fans for the biggest game to be on the ku campus in over 30 years.  

Offline ksucats80591

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 10:28:04 AM »
Wins:
2003 vs. Oklahoma
2002 vs. USC

Loss:
Not even going to type it
2003 vs. Marshall (still mad at Bill for not playing Roberson and intercepted option pitch returned for touchdown...schwinn  :facepalm: )

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 10:32:13 AM »
Wins- 2003 big 12 title game... 2006 Freemaw vs Texas.. Had me thinkin the future was bright :(.............Losses- the ass whoopin ku gave us in lawerence two years ago...... crap hit the fan that day. I lost whatever pride I had left.
EMAW

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »
Wins:
Nubb 98
OU 03

Losses:
aTM 98
OU 00

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »
Wins:
NU 98
USC O1
OU 03
@NU 03

Losses:
Marshall 03
Fresno 04
@KU 04
A&M 98 
Y.N.W.A.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 10:58:39 AM »
Wins:
03 DP
93 Copper Bowl - Not even close to the biggest game on the list, but this was just amazingly fun.  Absolute party.  Just watching the Cats in a bowl game was incredible.  My dad took me to the Independence Bowl in the 80's, but that was a cold pretty miserable experience.  Southern Arizona is incredible.

Losses:
Yeah, that one.
00 OU - I couldn't even conceive of the possibility of losing a home game to a team that had struggled with KU in Norman a couple of weeks earlier.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 11:06:43 AM »
wins:
'97 fiesta bowl.
'06 vs. texas   -  i know it's a prince win, but they were ranked #4 and just the way we won with all the trick plays and sexy touchdowns, was amazing  :excited:. also, i was the first one in the middle of the field after the game. the very first person.

losses:
'04 fresno st., the definition of KITN.
'97 cotton bowl.  no reason here other than i was a just a little guy and i bawled my eyes out. was very depressed.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 11:21:45 AM »
WINS:
2003 drp
1998 vs Nub
just being at both games jumps them to the top of the list
also 1998 vs Texas when we made ricky williams our bitch

worst:

98 atm
04 fresno state - my wife still refuses to go to a ksu game after witnessing that game.

Offline badnewsjimmy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 12:06:39 PM »
Wins:
Nubb 98
OU 03

Losses:
EaTmE 98
OU 00

FYP

bnj

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 01:04:27 PM »
Wins:

98 Nebraska - giant EMAWgasm 30 years in the making
07 Texas - way more satisfying than 06 Texas, fun to watch us go into another team's place and lay a beatdown like the good old days

Losses:

98 aTm - obviously meets thread title's very definition of "soul crushing"
04 Fresno - DOD  pretty much ended on that day

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »
W's:
USC
Texas 06

L's:
KU 07
Texas 03
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Dave Wooderson

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 01:45:50 PM »
Impossible for the pick two for wins...so many good times, almost impossible to narrow down to 10.

91 Kansas Freshman in College (The first of many to come against the gayhawks)  :driving:
93 Copper Bowl - let the fun begin... :ksu:
94 KU - Tearing down the goal posts in Memorial... :excited:
97 Fiesta - Wow  :cheers:
98 Nubb - Tearing down the goal posts in Manhattan... :drink:
00 Nubb - Let it snow... :pbj:
02 Nubb - nothing like a classic beat down..Darren Sproles clap clap clap
03 Nubb & 03 Dr. Pepper - Culmination

One game I really remember is '99 against MU at home.  Their offense crossed the 50 yard line once and on the next play got sacked for a 15 yard loss.  Complete and total beat down shut-out of Mizzou.

Worst:
The game never to be named... :bang:
'07 KU - Been going to games since '90 and had never experienced the loss to KU at home in person.   :flush:

Wait a minute guys... I don't play golf... for money... against people.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »
Win:
06 Texas (Cats are back!)

Loss
07 Auburn (Cats are NOT back!)
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 02:09:48 PM »
Win:
06 Texas (Cats are back!)

Loss
06 AT ku (Cats are NOT back!)

FYP
RIP Fatty

Offline theswo

• Combo-Fan
  • Keep shooting, Gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »
wasn't at the 98 nubb game or atm game so i'll go with:
wins:
03 drp
02 usc

losses:
98 purdue. after the disappointment of the big 12 championship, 10 year old theswo was not prepared for two losses in a row
03 marshall