Author Topic: We need to win a road game  (Read 2271 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
We need to win a road game
« on: August 23, 2010, 02:11:47 PM »
last road win under LHC Bill Snyder

9/10/2005   @   Marshall (4-7)   W   21   19

last conference road win:

11/6/2004   @   Missouri (5-6)   W   35   24

and no the Iowa State game doesn't count IMO.  Anyone who thinks we should be favored in ANY road game this year should take this into account.  Until we win a road game I will not believe in any "improvement".

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

The42Yardstick

Re: We need to win a road game
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 02:12:50 PM »
I think we win in Boulder :dunno:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 02:14:37 PM »
I think we win in Boulder :dunno:
I hope we do.  I really, really do, but I wouldn't pick us to win if I was pressed, plus Bill's teams historically struggle in Boulder.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 02:21:13 PM »

and no the Iowa State game doesn't count IMO.  Anyone who thinks we should be favored in ANY road game this year should take this into account.  Until we win a road game I will not believe in any "improvement".

You started an entire thread about needing to win a road game, yet you quickly discredit the (conference) road win we had last year?  Weird.   :confused:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 02:22:13 PM »

You started an entire thread about needing to win a road game, yet you quickly discredit the (conference) road win we had last year?  Weird.   :confused:
It was a neutral site you idiot.  Not a "true" road game anymore than it will be a home game for us this year in any real sense.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 02:23:28 PM »
If we don't win at North Texas, I'll personally walk into OB's office and deliver him a nut punch.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 02:24:46 PM »

It was a neutral site you idiot.  Not a "true" road game anymore than it will be a home game for us this year in any real sense.

Why did you even mention it then?  Just cause mother nature visited you this week doesn't mean you gotta bring that crap to this board.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 02:27:25 PM »

Why did you even mention it then?  Just cause mother nature visited you this week doesn't mean you gotta bring that crap to this board.
I mentioned it to dissuade people like you from chiming in: "Nu uh! We won at ISU last year!"

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 02:30:46 PM »
jtksu literally shits on every thread he posts in. 

chingon is right, though.  if OB doesn't win a road game this year, especially in conference, they should send his old ass packing.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 02:33:52 PM »

Why did you even mention it then?  Just cause mother nature visited you this week doesn't mean you gotta bring that crap to this board.
I mentioned it to dissuade people like you from chiming in: "Nu uh! We won at ISU last year!"

Winning away from MHK is a forward step.  And pointing out that Snyder hasn't won on the road since 2005 is beyond stupid, considering he was retired for 3 of those 4 years.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »
can I start a post entitled "We need to score more points than the other team."  :dunno:

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 02:40:54 PM »
jtksu literally shits on every thread he posts in. 

Yeah he does.

and no the Iowa State game doesn't count IMO.  Anyone who thinks we should be favored in ANY road game this year should take this into account.  Until we win a road game I will not believe in any "improvement".

You started an entire thread about needing to win a road game, yet you quickly discredit the (conference) road win we had last year?  Weird.   :confused:
It was a neutral site you idiot.  Not a "true" road game anymore than it will be a home game for us this year in any real sense.

Why did you even mention it then?  Just cause mother nature visited you this week doesn't mean you gotta bring that crap to this board.

Winning away from MHK is a forward step.  And pointing out that Snyder hasn't won on the road since 2005 is beyond stupid, considering he was retired for 3 of those 4 years.

We lost to ULL last year and that alone makes the point valid.  

We have @KU and @NT.  We should win both or we should see if Parrish will come back.  
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 02:41:17 PM »
can I start a post entitled "We need to score more points than the other team."  :dunno:

Probably just merge it with the thread entitled:  "our defense needs to make their offense score less points than our offense scores."

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 02:46:10 PM »
Wow, to think I was present for the last EMAW road win. Pretty awesome.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 02:52:04 PM »

and no the Iowa State game doesn't count IMO.  Anyone who thinks we should be favored in ANY road game this year should take this into account.  Until we win a road game I will not believe in any "improvement".

You started an entire thread about needing to win a road game, yet you quickly discredit the (conference) road win we had last year?  Weird.   :confused:
It was a neutral site you idiot.  Not a "true" road game anymore than it will be a home game for us this year in any real sense.

It's not the year that's important it's that a Bill Synder team hasn't won a true road game in over two seasons now.  That's 9 consecutive conference road losses.  In fact Bill's teams have lost 10 out of the last 11 road conference games.  The point is that @CU, @KU, @UNT, and @BU should not be counted on for wins.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »
Sure, why not?

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 03:09:02 PM »
Good thread.  We have sucked ass on the road under Snyder in his twilight and that has to change if we want to get back to some semblance of relevancy. 

Back in the DOD, we were pretty stellar in roadies.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 03:27:39 PM »
I'm going to chalk last year up to we had sucky players and Snyder "coached em up" as best he could.  But if we can't get a couple on the road this year I might  :bawl:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 03:40:23 PM »
GETTING THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK........

Yes, Bill has struggled in Boulder, and Boulder generally has some sort of screwy voodoo that makes superior teams act like they're fighting a syphillis/crabs/herpes/superAIDS virus, but part of that is mitigated by the Hawk. Everything he touches turns into a fetid, gonorrhea-infested swamp puddle, much like Ron did to KSU (hence why we lost there last time :facepalm: ). Everything Bill touches these days just turns into oatmeal. I like our chances.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »
GETTING THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK........

Yes, Bill has struggled in Boulder, and Boulder generally has some sort of screwy voodoo that makes superior teams act like they're fighting a syphillis/crabs/herpes/superAIDS virus, but part of that is mitigated by the Hawk. Everything he touches turns into a fetid, gonorrhea-infested swamp puddle, much like Ron did to KSU (hence why we lost there last time :facepalm: ). Everything Bill touches these days just turns into oatmeal. I like our chances.

screwy voodoo = D batteries and piss balloons (just a theory)

The42Yardstick

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 03:48:05 PM »
GET EXCITED FOR THE 2010 "NCAA FOOTBALL VIDEOGAME SAYS WE'RE RIVALS" KAZZU-COLORADO RIVALRY!!!

VS.