Author Topic: Topeka  (Read 13644 times)

The42Yardstick

Re: Topeka
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 01:33:59 AM »

For the record also comparing Manhattan favorably to Wichita is incredibly stupid.  You hicks should stop being afraid of places with resources and stuff. 

The problem with this argument is that you'd have to live in Wichita.

Offline Pexikan

• Combo-Fan
  • Junkyard Gato
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 04:07:55 AM »
I love me some Wichita. Riverfest, Old Town, Thunder in the IBA. MW Beerfest. 

Offline number_one_KSU

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 10:20:05 AM »
What an informative thread guys.  For this purpose I would like to contribute!

The next time you are in TOPEKA KANSAS, you should stay at the Capitol Plaza Hotel, where you will find comfortable accommodations and friendly, courteous service.  The Capitol Plaza Hotel perfectly blends an environment of quality and excellence with warm, down-home hospitality.

The Capitol Plaza Hotel Topeka, a full service, open atrium hotel in the capital city of Kansas, is conveniently located next to the Kansas Expocentre and near Washburn University and the Kansas State Capital Building.  Our comfortable guestrooms and thoughtful amenities provide you with the best lodging value in Topeka.  For your convenience, complimentary high speed wireless Internet is available in each spacious guestroom.  With over 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, the Capitol Plaza Hotel Topeka is the perfect place for your successful meeting or event.  Our catering professionals and audiovisual staff stand by to assist you from planning through the conclusion of your event.

Click here to book your stay at this great Topeka, Kansas hotel.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 10:47:07 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 12:31:08 PM »
I haven't been here in a few years.  Man, this place is a real shithole.  You may ask yourself:  "What the hell is he doing in Topeka?". I'll tell you what I'm not doing- driving past swanky neighborhoods and elite businesses.  It's like the damn land that time forgot here.  Hey Topeka-  can you guys get a few more (out of business) mom and pop mexican restraunts around here?

What garbage little western ks town are you from?

I find it funny when anyone from any non-Kansas City town (except Manhattan, of course) talks smack on Topeka.

Yeah, like Wichita is any better. 

Don't be fracking stupid.  Topeka is no comparison to Wichita and you know it, I'm not even from here but I'll call you out on this stupid crap.  Comparing Topeka favorably to Wichita is like comparing Coffeyville favorably to Topeka.

For the record also comparing Manhattan favorably to Wichita is incredibly stupid.  You hicks should stop being afraid of places with resources and stuff. 

Wichita is a hole.  Just because it has a few hundy K, that doesn't make it a decent city.

Look, if you live in Kansas, there's three decent cities to live in: Manhattan, Lawrence, or some township of Kansas City.  After that, you may as well throw a dart on a map because it's all pretty much the same.  The bigger cities are crap, and anything less than 10K people in it is just not even worth talking about.

I travel all of the time for work, so I've been to a lot of great cities.  Seattle, San Diego, Raleigh, Charlotte, Tampa, Phoenix, and a bunch of smaller towns no one has heard of but are great, great places to work and live.  Topeka, Wichita, Hutch, etc. all fall way below that standard.  Hell, even Oklahoma City is better than Wichita.  Northwest Arkansas (where the Wal-Mart money is), is better than that as well.

And as for being afraid of places with "resources", I moved to Kansas City because I wanted to live where the "stuff" was.  So, I'm far from being afraid of places with resources and "stuff".

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 12:33:25 PM »
I haven't been here in a few years.  Man, this place is a real shithole.  You may ask yourself:  "What the hell is he doing in Topeka?". I'll tell you what I'm not doing- driving past swanky neighborhoods and elite businesses.  It's like the damn land that time forgot here.  Hey Topeka-  can you guys get a few more (out of business) mom and pop mexican restraunts around here?

I find it funny when anyone from any non-Kansas City town (except Manhattan, of course) talks smack on Topeka.

Don't be fracking stupid.  Topeka is no comparison to Wichita and you know it, I'm not even from here but I'll call you out on this stupid crap.  Comparing Topeka favorably to Wichita is like comparing Coffeyville favorably to Topeka.

Wichita is a hole.  Just because it has a few hundy K, that doesn't make it a decent city.

Look, if you live in Kansas, there's three decent cities to live in: Manhattan, Lawrence, or some township of Kansas City.  After that, you may as well throw a dart on a map because it's all pretty much the same.  The bigger cities are crap, and anything less than 10K people in it is just not even worth talking about.

I travel all of the time for work, so I've been to a lot of great cities.  Seattle, San Diego, Raleigh, Charlotte, Tampa, Phoenix, and a bunch of smaller towns no one has heard of but are great, great places to work and live.  Topeka, Wichita, Hutch, etc. all fall way below that standard.  Hell, even Oklahoma City is better than Wichita.  Northwest Arkansas (where the Wal-Mart money is), is better than that as well.

And as for being afraid of places with "resources", I moved to Kansas City because I wanted to live where the "stuff" was.  So, I'm far from being afraid of places with resources and "stuff".

Rather than type all that out, you could have just you were gay.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »

Maybe you should sit the next few posts out. Take up a hobby, like watercolor painting, tai-bo, or riding grain elevators. Better yet, take a BBS Posting 101 class.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 12:39:30 PM »

Well done.  Touche.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 01:07:27 PM »
Anywhere in Colorado within view of mountains > anywhere in KS.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 01:08:12 PM »
Don't care about seeing mountains.  gmafb.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
Wichita isn't a bad city for its size at all.

Neither is Topeka, really.  I mean, where are the nice cities with 100k people and no major university or major city to suck the teat of?

Your cities comparable to Topeka are places like Pueblo, CO, Odessa, TX, and Erie, PA.  Seriously, people.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:20:14 PM by michigancat »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »
Lincoln is an absolute shithole and it has a University.  I always mentally put Lincoln and Topeka in the same category (state capitols being the category)

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 01:27:18 PM »
Don't care about seeing mountains.  gmafb.
What that means is eastern Colorado blows. Even without mountains, we have a much nicer climate (currently 72 degrees, have fun with your humidity), more things to do, and we smell much better.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »
if you enjoy good food and incredible movie theatres then I think Wichita would be a good place to live.

Offline 1/64th

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »
if you enjoy good food and incredible movie theatres and dirt and gangs and ugly people then I think Wichita would be a good place to live.

FYP.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »

Neither is Topeka, really.  I mean, where are the nice cities with 100k people and no major university or major city to suck the teat of?

Your cities comparable to Topeka are places like Pueblo, CO, Odessa, TX, and Erie, PA.  Seriously, people.

maybe you should start a thread about cities the size of @100,000 people that aren't tied to a major university and don't have a major city to suck the teat of and how they all suck balls and dicks but also compare fairly well to topeka? i'd post in it.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 07:25:54 PM »

maybe you should start a thread about cities the size of @100,000 people that aren't tied to a major university and don't have a major city to suck the teat of and how they all suck balls and dicks but also compare fairly well to topeka? i'd post in it.

THIS

I've been sitting on a huge amount of insidery Sheboygan information that is going to blow your rough ridin' mind.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2014, 06:50:21 PM »
So driving through Topeka in 30 mins...where to eat to watch the game?  Criteria:  close to the interstate, either.  And not Hooters.  Go!

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »
BWW, duh
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2014, 06:56:37 PM »
Goddamnit

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »
BWW, duh

maybe you'll get the waitress with 1 hand  :excited:

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2014, 06:58:10 PM »
lots of people like tailgators too, but it's like 5min from the interstate instead of 1min.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2014, 07:07:28 PM »
Looks like we are pushing through to Abilene.   

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2014, 07:09:11 PM »
All of this Kansas-town comparing reminds me of what I was told when I moved here: "you live in the only nice town in Kansas."

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »
So driving through Topeka in 30 mins...where to eat to watch the game?  Criteria:  close to the interstate, either.  And not Hooters.  Go!
Nope.
Where did you get that overnight bag?