Author Topic: Weird Commercials (And other forms of advertising)  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Weird Commercials (And other forms of advertising)
« on: July 16, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »
Heard a commercial on the radio last night for mattresses that was basically saying "if you dont like the way it feels when you bang, return for a refund". I was definitely weirded out.

Also these,

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:14:28 PM by Trogdor »
@Trogdor_gE

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Commercials (And other forms of advertising)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 10:38:44 PM »
Every cologne/perfume commercial is the same (body spray doesn't count), and I want to live inside all of them.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 10:45:35 PM »
Every cologne/perfume commercial is the same (body spray doesn't count), and I want to live inside all of them.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 10:47:45 PM »

:love:

Chris Isaak once made an entire music video length cologne commercial, complete with original score and vocal accompaniment.

Helena Christensen...  :fatty:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 10:50:07 PM »

:love:

Chris Isaac once made an entire music video length cologne commercial, complete with original score and vocal accompaniment.

Assuming you mean Chris Isaak, are you really trying to compare Chris Isaak to my guy JD?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 10:51:19 PM »
There is a new one out for Eternity starring Edward Burns and Christy Turlington. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 10:55:16 PM »
@Spracne you caught me mid-edit.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 03:10:58 PM »
I like the old timey commercials where doctors recommend things that are terrible for you. Especially the ones that have the voice over of a guy talking with an old timey voice.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 03:20:24 PM »
I like the old timey commercials where doctors recommend things that are terrible for you. Especially the ones that have the voice over of a guy talking with an old timey voice.

I'm fascinated by how much the sound of voice over guys voices has changed over the years. I would be interested in watching a documentary about this.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2021, 04:13:36 PM »

I'm fascinated by how much the sound of voice over guys voices has changed over the years. I would be interested in watching a documentary about this.

I suspect that is because they don't smoke as many mild and good tasting camel cigarettes as they used to.