Author Topic: KU's version of Hard Knocks  (Read 23205 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: KU's version of Hard Knocks
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2011, 06:46:53 PM »
OT but _33's thing made me think about the person who made (still makes?) the katpak headcover.  Would it be possible to buy just the rights to the stock image of the katpak cover from them? not like the actual covers or the form or anything.  just that one picture.  and, if so, they would sell it to us for basically nothing right?   I mean, we tell them to use the crap out of it forever but if anyone else uses it we sue the crap out of them or something?  they could even just take a new picture and not have to worry about anything.   just spitballing here.
Sounds like a good summer project.

Someone had to have designed it.  A single person.  Probably a chinese person. It would be nice to see if we could discover who was behind the design.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2011, 06:48:19 PM »
OT but _33's thing made me think about the person who made (still makes?) the katpak headcover.  Would it be possible to buy just the rights to the stock image of the katpak cover from them? not like the actual covers or the form or anything.  just that one picture.  and, if so, they would sell it to us for basically nothing right?   I mean, we tell them to use the crap out of it forever but if anyone else uses it we sue the crap out of them or something?  they could even just take a new picture and not have to worry about anything.   just spitballing here.
Sounds like a good summer project.

Someone had to have designed it.  A single person.  Probably a chinese person. It would be nice to see if we could discover who was behind the design.

Ravi.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2011, 01:55:46 PM »
SD, I would assume, basically No.   The photo would be copyrighted - not the pak-cover.   Anyone would be able to purchase a katpak head-cover & photograph it themselves....   Which if anyone asks, that's what YOU did when this web-site was designed.

It would be a different story if you made your own katpak head cover & started marketing it yourself.   You're using the photo, not the katpak head cover.   
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline MichiganisGood

• Maize and Blue'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2011, 04:11:04 AM »
Week one:

Week two:

:love:

I actually think it's pretty cool, I watched the first 2 and found them entertaining..

The rap song at the end though, jesus christ, that is just awful.. The little verse he rhymes or whatever doesn't even rhyme at all, and the 'this is rock chalk' at the end trying to sound all hard..  :lol: :lol:

I have to find out who won the starting QB spot though, about to watch the 3rd ep..

"This is Rock Chalk"  :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2011, 07:31:27 AM »
Week one:

Week two:

I actually think it's pretty cool, I watched the first 2 and found them entertaining..

The rap song at the end though, jesus christ, that is just awful.. The little verse he rhymes or whatever doesn't even rhyme at all, and the 'this is rock chalk' at the end trying to sound all hard..  :lol: :lol:

I have to find out who won the starting QB spot though, about to watch the 3rd ep..

there's no doubt they're well put together and had they been done on any other team than the worse one in D1 they might be taken seriously.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2011, 09:38:51 AM »

Was trying to think of something that rhymed with Hall of Justice...  :dunno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2011, 09:55:16 AM »

Better?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2011, 10:05:45 AM »

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »
Week one:

Week two:

if you don't like the rap song just play this in the background instead...given the lyrics and state of their program it's more apropos.

(it's a...) Hard Knocks (life):
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »
there's no doubt they're well put together and had they been done on any other team than the worse one in D1 they might be taken seriously.

It doesn't help for being taken seriously, but being done on ku makes it incredibly awesome for us.  It's especially great watching how they positively spin games that we saw ourselves and know how they actually went.  Coming out of the RP experience makes the Gill things fantastic as well.  I hope he really goes all-out this year on whatever game is closest to 9/11.

Offline MichiganisGood

• Maize and Blue'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2011, 11:31:52 PM »

It doesn't help for being taken seriously, but being done on ku makes it incredibly awesome for us.  It's especially great watching how they positively spin games that we saw ourselves and know how they actually went.  Coming out of the RP experience makes the Gill things fantastic as well.  I hope he really goes all-out this year on whatever game is closest to 9/11.

Bout to watch Ep 7, I was really dissapointed that they literally showed zero of the Baylor game other than to say 'they came up short' and Gill's postgame talk to an obviously dejected locker room..

Hoping they can turn it around, don't ruin the end for me..