Author Topic: Patterson  (Read 4737 times)

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
Re: Patterson
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 08:24:54 AM »
Gary is building a monster down there.  Just imagine where we would be if he was our coach!

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline MeatSauce

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 09:15:39 AM »
TCU today announced a $105 million renovation of the west side and north end zone of Amon G. Carter Stadium to better enhance football fans’ experience, upgrade amenities and transform the historic Fort Worth icon into the "Camden Yards" of collegiate football stadiums.  Work on the renovation, which is funded by donor support, will begin immediately following this year’s football season and be fully completed in 2012.

Are we close to scraping together our $45 million yet?   :ohno:

:bawl: Patz is never leaving TCU now...

Offline ZmoneyKSU

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 09:17:57 AM »
Its still a possibility he could leave.  Look what he's done there.  Now he can point to all that and say it's time for me to go home.  Let's hope we still have a shot in a couple of years and he isn't gone to some real school that came in and gave him a truck load of money.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 09:29:45 AM »
TCU today announced a $105 million renovation of the west side and north end zone of Amon G. Carter Stadium to better enhance football fans’ experience, upgrade amenities and transform the historic Fort Worth icon into the "Camden Yards" of collegiate football stadiums.  Work on the renovation, which is funded by donor support, will begin immediately following this year’s football season and be fully completed in 2012.

Are we close to scraping together our $45 million yet?   :ohno:

:bawl: Patz is never leaving TCU now...

I look at this story as good news in that he is more likely to stay at TCU until such time that K-State is ready to come calling again someday.  This just means he is less likely to bolt for some other BCS school in the meantime.  It's a win-win for everybody.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 10:01:31 AM »
The more he gets snubbed by BCS politics until the time Snyder retires, the better our chances. Those chances will blow no matter what.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 10:17:56 AM »
So basically, what is going to happen, is that A&M or one of the Okies will head to the SEC and we pick up TCU and promptly get passed up by them in our own conf, right?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 10:20:15 AM »
So basically, what is going to happen, is that A&M or one of the Okies will head to the SEC and we pick up TCU and promptly get passed up by them in our own conf, right?

TCU passed us permenantly in 2004

Sugar Dick

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 11:11:22 AM »
$105 million renovation  :surprised:

This should bring the value of their stadium up to about $107 million.  Their stadium looks like someone put bleachers inside of a crater.  Just terrible.