Author Topic: Patterson  (Read 4734 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Patterson
« on: August 15, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »
@CFTalk Press release: TCU chancellor and HC Gary Patterson to make "major announcement" at press conference Mon. at 2:30
:surprised:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Patterson
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 05:01:03 PM »
@CFTalk Press release: TCU chancellor and HC Gary Patterson to make "major announcement" at press conference Mon. at 2:30

My 3 guesses:  Contract (or) Conference (or) Facilities

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 05:02:51 PM »
GP is so awesome.  Unless he never comes to KSU....then he is yucky

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »

My 3 guesses:  Contract (or) Conference (or) Facilities

ya

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »
whew, thought they were going to make him AD or something.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »
I don't think I'll ever get over It's Patterson and those 20 minutes when we were good again.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »
I don't think I'll ever get over It's Patterson and those 20 minutes when we were good again.

That was as high as we've ever flown

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »
With Patterson, we wouldn't have It's Patterson.  Not sure I'd want to give that up.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »
With Patterson, we wouldn't have It's Patterson.  Not sure I'd want to give that up.

Yeah, but think how much lazier and creepier he'd be if he'd gotten that right.  He could fall back on that for close to a decade and be sick and tired of covering KSU even more than he is now while freeing up his entire life to twitter.

Offline Gary Patterson Jr.

• Fan
  • Dad?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 10:35:46 AM »

Yeah, but think how much lazier and creepier he'd be if he'd gotten that right.  He could fall back on that for close to a decade and be sick and tired of covering KSU even more than he is now while freeing up his entire life to twitter.

Those poor girls at Tubby's would never hear the end of it.
There is a good possibility Gary Patterson is my biological father.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 10:52:23 AM »

Exactly.  So we'd have good football and an Aggieville Creepster thread that would rival the Cigar thread in length.  I'd be happy with that.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 10:54:33 AM »
With Patterson, we wouldn't have It's Patterson.  Not sure I'd want to give that up.

Yeah, but think how much lazier and creepier he'd be if he'd gotten that right.  He could fall back on that for close to a decade and be sick and tired of covering KSU even more than he is now while freeing up his entire life to twitter.

It's a double edged sword.

On the flip side, had It's Patterson not blown up and completely destroyed all remaining shreds of his journalistic credibility and reputation, he actually still might be trying.  It's like that day broke his spirit.  And it's been a slow downward spiral ever since.

At this point he appears to have simply embraced the jester routine ala John Daly and just show up to the course in his rv, play some half assed golf and dress himself up like a clown suit for the entertainment value.

Things could have been different............... :cry:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:02:46 AM by wabash909 »
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Gary Patterson Jr.

• Fan
  • Dad?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 10:56:22 AM »

Exactly.  So we'd have good football and an Aggieville Creepster thread that would rival the Cigar thread in length.  I'd be happy with that.

Come to think of it but they never did catch the Manhattan rapist did they?

It's Fitz!

You see what I did there.
There is a good possibility Gary Patterson is my biological father.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 11:00:48 AM »

On the flip side, had It's Patterson not blown up and completely destroyed all remaining shreds of his journalistic credibility and reputation, he actually still might be trying.  It's like that day broke his spirit.  And it's been a slow downward spiral ever since.

At this point he appears to have simply embraced the jester routine ala John Daly and just show up to the course, play some half assed golf and dress himself up like a clown for the entertainment value.

Good point, although had he been "trying", wouldn't he have inevitably mumped up something even worse and eventually we'd all be in the same spot (or worse, had his eff-up messed with basketball)?

We need a visit from the Ghosts of It's Patterson to show us what life would be like.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »

On the flip side, had It's Patterson not blown up and completely destroyed all remaining shreds of his journalistic credibility and reputation, he actually still might be trying.  It's like that day broke his spirit.  And it's been a slow downward spiral ever since.

At this point he appears to have simply embraced the jester routine ala John Daly and just show up to the course, play some half assed golf and dress himself up like a clown for the entertainment value.

Well it did give you 99% of your posting material.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 12:38:19 PM »

:lol:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »
I want that last little shred of hope of getting GPat to KSU to go away, but it just won't even though I know better.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 01:30:12 PM »

:lol:

I know, right!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 02:12:56 PM »
$105 million renovation  :surprised:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 04:00:28 PM »
The scary thing about TCU is the fact that they can raise money better than anyone else in the Big 12 besides Texas.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 04:40:49 PM »
If only they had the fans to fill a 40,000 seat stadium...........

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 04:42:42 PM »
Positioning themselves to be in the "on deck circle" for the first spot in expansion/defection-replacement for the Big 12.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 04:43:33 PM »
The scary thing about TCU is the fact that they can raise money better than anyone else in the Big 12 besides Texas.

OSU?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 06:59:39 AM »
Just have to hope and pray that they get hosed on some bcs bids the next couple of years