Author Topic: Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty  (Read 8694 times)

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 11:09:35 PM »
GOP Rep. Bob Inglis slams Republican demagoguery, bemoans anti-Semitic tea party conspiracy nonsense, decries Sarah Palin’s ignorance, and looks for a job.

Lots of good stuff from this soon-to-be ex-representative from South Carolina, including this bit:

I sat down, and they said on the back of your Social Security card, there's a number. That number indicates the bank that bought you when you were born based on a projection of your life's earnings, and you are collateral. We are all collateral for the banks. I have this look like, "What the heck are you talking about?" I'm trying to hide that look and look clueless. I figured clueless was better than argumentative. So they said, "You don't know this?! You are a member of Congress, and you don't know this?!" And I said, "Please forgive me. I'm just ignorant of these things." And then of course, it turned into something about the Federal Reserve and the Bilderbergers and all that stuff. And now you have the feeling of anti-Semitism here coming in, mixing in. Wow.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/08/bob-inglis-tea-party-casualty?page=1

LOL. Weak sauce.

Robert Byrd realized he was wrong many years ago and gradually became a liberal.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd
Over his career, he held a wide variety of both liberal and conservative political views, starting his career as a conservative Southern Democrat. He filibustered against the 1964 Civil Rights Act and supported the Vietnam War, but later backed civil rights measures and criticized the Iraq War. Rating his voting record in 1964, the liberal lobbying group Americans for Democratic Action found that his views and the organization’s were aligned only 16 percent of the time, less than even conservative Republicans of the era; by 2005, he had an ADA rating of 95 percent. Conversely, the American Conservative Union rated Byrd a conservative in its first ratings in 1972.

In contrast, most other racist, segregationist, white supremacist Southern Democrats never repented and became right-wing Republicans. (See: Helms, Jesse and Thurmond, Strom.) Unfortunately, the racist converts to the Republican party had children:

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/04/25/are-tea-partiers-racist.html

By golly you're right. Senator Byrd was only in the KKK until a very young age of 30 and did the silly filibuster of the civil rights act at the barely legal age of 47. Age makes such a difference.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 12:09:22 AM »
I think that in the beginning the "tea party" movement was mostly made up of educated, libertarian leaning people.  The advocation of the constitutional principals of liberty spread pretty quickly in the 18 or so months prior to the 2008 election.  Ron Paul and the Campaign for Liberty was the biggest catalyst in the growth of these beliefs.  

Of course at the time the main stream media, including the supposedly conservative FOXnews channel, lampooned Paul and as votes for Paul could hurt their chances of getting their guy elected.  Soon after the election the main stream conservative media, and political leaders started latching onto the most "hot button" views of the that movement.  In reality, this "tea party" movement, the one that 25% of Americans claim to be a part of is similar to the original ideas in name only.  

It's really quite sad.

It's typical of most movements, be it political or otherwise.

Take for instance the Grunge/Alternative movement in music.  As more and more people became 'alternative,' the original founders of the movement found the entire genre drifting further from its roots.

That isn't to say that Paul hasn't a number of lunatic supporters from the outset.  It is immensely ironic that today's "tea-baggers," are all for military occupation, decreased civil liberties, and more government intervention (as long is it helps with their personal agenda).

I became a believer in Paul's message because it seemed as though he was the only one in any of the debates that made any kind of sense.  It was such a breath of fresh air.

:bigtoke:  or :jeffy: ?

neither, you fracking dipshit.  I already voiced my opinions on the lunatic fringe.  I thought his views on foreign policy, both in the trade and defense sectors was impressive.  

the views are simple.

1. let people do what ever the shazbot! they want as long as it doesn't impede on the rights of others
2. do not restrict trade with any nation
3. do not go to war unless there is an immediate threat and then declare war fight and win.  
3b. cut military spending back to year 2000 levels.

His stance on other "hot button" issues is the correct view as well.  For instance, get the gov. out of the marriage biz.  Let states decide whether or not abortion is legal.

except:

Choose their own health insurance
Freely express their religion in public (unless its non-Christian)
Eat a double bacon cheeseburger
Living through birth
Profit
Petition the government for redress of grievances (unless you agree with them)
Keep and bear arms without infringement
Smoke
Attend the school of your choice
Have equal protection under the law
Buy gold

etc etc etc

Whatever they think you can't do. They know better than the rest of us "little people"

“The federal government – yes – can do most anything in this country,”

you arent getting the difference between the original movement and the neo-popculture version.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 01:15:23 AM »
By golly you're right. Senator Byrd was only in the KKK until a very young age of 30 and did the silly filibuster of the civil rights act at the barely legal age of 47. Age makes such a difference.

Like I said, many years ago. He died at 92 a civil rights champion. By contrast, Jesse Helms remained an unrepentant racist and segregationist until he was 86, and Strom Thurmond until he was 100.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 08:28:14 AM »

Like I said, many years ago. He died at 92 a civil rights champion. By contrast, Jesse Helms remained an unrepentant racist and segregationist until he was 86, and Strom Thurmond until he was 100.

So what exactly is the cutoff for "youthful indiscretions?"  47 seems plenty old enough to know better.  My guess is that its always 1 year older than the age when he or she changed, unless you're a republican and/or conservative, then there is no cutoff.  Always willing to excuse any bad behavior as long as it advances a political end.  You statists are some sick individuals.

How about no age is good for that kind of behavior!?!!? thurmond and helms were wrong holding those views, too.

Still waiting for any proof that racism is a widespread core element of the Tea Party movement.  A few nuts are always going to get thrown in.  I guarantee you the cindy sheehans of the world are about 100X more prevalent in leftist politics than white supremacists are in the Tea Parties.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 11:55:02 PM »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Sugar Dick

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 10:20:35 AM »

Strom was a democrat until he was in his 60's.   

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 10:30:26 AM »
And just as a little side note:  Most of what Joe McCarthy professed ended up being correct.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 07:07:59 AM »
And just as a little side note:  Most of what Joe McCarthy professed ended up being correct.

LOL

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 04:25:09 PM »

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2019, 01:05:38 PM »
The Tea Party Movement has been hijacked.

But you'll never convince me there isn't provocateurs in their midst as well, the Democrats are scared $hitless of this movement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/govt-agency-predicts-trillion-dollar-deficits-for-the-foreseeable-future

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2019, 01:14:54 PM »
The Tea Party Movement has been hijacked.

But you'll never convince me there isn't provocateurs in their midst as well, the Democrats are scared $hitless of this movement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/govt-agency-predicts-trillion-dollar-deficits-for-the-foreseeable-future

:popcorn:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2019, 01:23:33 PM »
I'm sure whichever democrat wins election in 2020 will cut those deficits.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2019, 02:56:56 PM »

historically this is what happens

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2019, 03:00:35 PM »

historically this is what happens

yep

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2019, 04:18:26 PM »
 Poor fsd and kaz

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2019, 08:02:30 PM »
lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2019, 03:28:56 PM »
fool me once...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2019, 04:32:09 PM »
fool me once...

Well, considering LibDerp Nation put one of the biggest killers, refugee'ers and deporters of brown people in human history back in the White House for a 2nd term . . .

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2019, 11:40:17 AM »
fool me once...

Well, considering LibDerp Nation put one of the biggest killers, refugee'ers and deporters of brown people in human history back in the White House for a 2nd term . . .

Hey everybody come laugh at this rube who thinks trump is actually a conservative!