Author Topic: New BBall Commit?  (Read 13569 times)

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: New BBall Commit?
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »
It would be easier to believe in Frank and Diaz, if Diaz wasn't a Cuban from Miami.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2010, 10:19:07 AM »
Funny how Frank believing in this kid isn't enough.  Takes a few scouts takes and a Purdue offering to sell people.  Let's just say that you can expect some more big things coming up.  For the people who like the 4 star and higher recruits it will be like Christmas.  The coaches are really sold on this diaz kid.  He's not JHR.  Better skill set right now than JO had at this point and a different type of player.  He is not a kid who is going to stay skinny.  Big frame on the kid.  Look on the bright side.  We have a kid who committed to us without even stepping foot on campus even when teams like Purdue, Tennessee, Texas, and Florida are involved.  That says alot about the places we are going with this staff and program.  Frank is making K-State a brand name.

How many times and where have you seen him play?  

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
I don't see why you feel the need to constantly build up Adrian's profile, we get it hes got a lot of potential.  I think the collective meh feeling you are encountering stems from the fact that we really need a high level guard in this class like Seagears, Harrison etc.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2010, 10:22:52 AM »
I don't see why you feel the need to constantly build up Adrian's profile, we get it hes got a lot of potential.  I think the collective meh feeling you are encountering stems from the fact that we really need a high level guard in this class like Seagears, Harrison etc.

I think a high level anybody would make us all feel a lot better. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »
Our team is getting uglier by the second.....we used to be so, so beautiful  :frown:

I thought the kid was pretty attractive, but what do I know, I'm a guy.  :dunno:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »
Our team is getting uglier by the second.....we used to be so, so beautiful  :frown:

I thought the kid was pretty attractive, but what do I know, I'm a guy.  :dunno:

Apparently nothing. 

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2010, 02:24:23 PM »

Give him time to get here and be around EMAW.  They don't always come to K-State looking great.

For example:
Thanks for the reminder of what living in Manhattan, Kansas can do for a good basketball player.

Offline DILLIGAF

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2010, 02:26:01 PM »

Didn't he star in The Crying Game?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2010, 02:28:29 PM »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »

Didn't he star in The Crying Game?
:lol:

What makes you think he won't cut you?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »
He is cuban  :ohno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2010, 02:59:20 PM »
Funny how Frank believing in this kid isn't enough.  Takes a few scouts takes and a Purdue offering to sell people.  Let's just say that you can expect some more big things coming up.  For the people who like the 4 star and higher recruits it will be like Christmas.  The coaches are really sold on this diaz kid.  He's not JHR.  Better skill set right now than JO had at this point and a different type of player.  He is not a kid who is going to stay skinny.  Big frame on the kid.  Look on the bright side.  We have a kid who committed to us without even stepping foot on campus even when teams like Purdue, Tennessee, Texas, and Florida are involved.  That says alot about the places we are going with this staff and program.  Frank is making K-State a brand name.

you intimate that you have a source.  who is it?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2010, 03:24:38 PM »
Remember the last guy we had commit without ever visiting Manhattan?  Yeah, he turned out to be alright.  Just sayin.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 02, 2010, 03:33:11 PM »
 :surprised:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Underdog Wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 02, 2010, 07:12:04 PM »
Well, if you're looking for an unbiased endorsement of Diaz, the following from Dave Telep is about the best I've found, High major lock!:

"This year, the power forward and center positions are extremely thin. On August 1, four big men committed, one of them a Top 100 player, another a lock high-major prospect(That's our boy!) and two strong mid-level prospects. These situations were not related to one another at all, but they will cause a ripple effect. Plus, the four schools – Dayton, Central Florida, Rutgers and Kansas State – dodged bullets by locking up first tier targets before anyone could move on them after July. "

Article is free

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/988338.html

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 02, 2010, 07:18:35 PM »
Dayton, Central Florida, Rutgers and Kansas State

I don't like being included with them. Sorry Dayton.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles