Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1502043 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #24975 on: March 20, 2024, 12:22:12 PM »
I can't imagine wanting vrabel. Why?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24976 on: March 20, 2024, 01:09:44 PM »
I think he is a little stronger than his average.  I'm going just under 1k and 9 TDs.

I don't trust the KC WR coach to develop young talent so I think Pat goes to the vet a lot

I don't know much about the WR coach but Rashee Rice showed a lot of development this year I thought.

Most of our WRs couldn't make the right read or run a route well enough to throw the ball down the field.  I think Rashee's talent overcame some of the shitty coaching but we still had to get him the ball within 5 yards of the LOS.  I don't have much faith in Skyy and Toney but our WR group had issues with every aspect of the position as basic as lining up properly. I don't expect us to get much out of a late first round receiver this year with Brown, a more established Rice, and a seemingly shitty WR coach trying to get him up to speed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 01:18:18 PM by ChiComCat »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24977 on: March 20, 2024, 01:13:34 PM »
1k yards at 3rd target is pretty difficult, i read that having 3 1k receiving yards on a team has only happened 5 times

If there's ever been a QB/Coach combo that could spread it around enough to pull that off, I think we have it.  However, we might spread it around too much for that to occur. 

I hope Kelce/Rice/Brown are so effective that Mahomes just loads those three up.

I would imagine they load manage Kelce more this year and he doesn't get as many regular season targets.

99.9% that Reid is done after '25

Who you got as the replacement?

Right now Vrabel is my first choice. I'm curious why you're so sure he's done after 25?

Because a certain wife of a certain coach likes to chat people from Kansas City up on the beach when the coach and wife take their annual post season trip to So Cal.

Interesting

I can't imagine wanting vrabel. Why?

I liked how his teams played in Tennessee. Never had great personal and was in the mix. Who do you want?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #24978 on: March 20, 2024, 01:50:01 PM »
I think he is a little stronger than his average.  I'm going just under 1k and 9 TDs.

I don't trust the KC WR coach to develop young talent so I think Pat goes to the vet a lot

I don't know much about the WR coach but Rashee Rice showed a lot of development this year I thought.

Most of our WRs couldn't make the right read or run a route well enough to throw the ball down the field.  I think Rashee's talent overcame some of the shitty coaching but we still had to get him the ball within 5 yards of the LOS.  I don't have much faith in Skyy and Toney but our WR group had issues with every aspect of the position as basic as lining up properly. I don't expect us to get much out of a late first round receiver this year with Brown, a more established Rice, and a seemingly shitty WR coach trying to get him up to speed.
No way he's around next season, right?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24979 on: March 20, 2024, 01:54:22 PM »
I think Skyy, Toney and Hardman are cheap enough that you probably bring them all to camp (assuming nobody else wants Hardman).  I'd only give those three one roster spot to compete for.  I think Toney still has the most promise out of those 3 but is also the biggest pain in the ass.  When you're b2b SB champs, I think you get rid of the pain in the ass. 

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24980 on: March 20, 2024, 02:03:24 PM »
I'm too dumb to know who we should have as coach but it 100% needs to be an offensive minded coach. Continuity with Mahomes and the offense needs to be kept instead of cycling through the new upcoming coordinator every 2 years. The defense can be fine rotating coordinators.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24981 on: March 20, 2024, 02:05:35 PM »
Toney costs the same to cut or keep and has the biggest upside. I don't know if he's been given up on though. Moore is useless, I'd rather have dirt cheap hardman.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24982 on: March 20, 2024, 02:06:48 PM »
Andy Reid just turned 66 yesterday, no way he will retire for at least 5 more years.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24983 on: March 20, 2024, 02:08:29 PM »
Yeah, the thought that coaches wives are going around willy nilly telling everyone that Andy is retiring is pretty lol even from dax.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24984 on: March 20, 2024, 02:13:21 PM »
Obligatory

Nothing is confirmed.  So anyone saying it’s made up doesn’t have the first rough ridin' clue if it is or not.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24985 on: March 20, 2024, 03:06:27 PM »
Between Hardman and, I think it was Toney's TD last year, we've had two SB touchdowns to WRs that didn't have the first rough ridin' clue about the play.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24986 on: March 20, 2024, 03:30:06 PM »
Between Hardman and, I think it was Toney's TD last year, we've had two SB touchdowns to WRs that didn't have the first rough ridin' clue about the play.

They were in the wrong formation for moore's td

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #24987 on: March 20, 2024, 03:34:47 PM »
I'd almost guarantee Toney is around next year. They will hope to get something out of him because its a contract year. If they don't, it doesn't really cost them much. It isn't like Kelce will let him be a problem in the locker room. Pretty low risk with potential reward guy.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #24988 on: March 20, 2024, 03:41:48 PM »
We did it guys! 1000 pages  :cheers:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24989 on: March 20, 2024, 03:49:39 PM »
4 Super Bowls in 5 years really pushed up the post count on this baby.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24990 on: March 20, 2024, 04:15:54 PM »
Yeah, the thought that coaches wives are going around willy nilly telling everyone that Andy is retiring is pretty lol even from dax.

Even if 100% accurate, that anecdote doesn't mean anything. It's easy to get in the mindset that you're about ready to hang it up near the end of a long season, but totally different when you get back into the season--especially if KC happens to get bounced early from the playoffs or something like that.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24991 on: March 20, 2024, 04:25:09 PM »
Obligatory

Nothing is confirmed.  So anyone saying it’s made up doesn’t have the first rough ridin' clue if it is or not.

The sad part is that you just can't help yourself.

If you don't believe it's true, that's cool. But you don't always have to be a complete dickhole.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #24992 on: March 20, 2024, 04:27:37 PM »
I think Toney will be back next year if only as a kick returner and #5 WRish.

Hollywood will get close to 1k yards, really interested to see how he fits in with Rice. I think we rest Kelce more during the season so those extra yards can go to brown/rice.

Reid strikes me as a Snyder type that is going to keep coaching until he physically can't anymore or he gets sent to the old folks home. The only reason he would retire after next year is if there is some behind the scenes health stuff going on.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24993 on: March 20, 2024, 05:41:01 PM »
1k yards at 3rd target is pretty difficult, i read that having 3 1k receiving yards on a team has only happened 5 times

If there's ever been a QB/Coach combo that could spread it around enough to pull that off, I think we have it.  However, we might spread it around too much for that to occur. 

I hope Kelce/Rice/Brown are so effective that Mahomes just loads those three up.

I would imagine they load manage Kelce more this year and he doesn't get as many regular season targets.

Right now Vrabel is my first choice. I'm curious why you're so sure he's done after 25?

Because a certain wife of a certain coach likes to chat people from Kansas City up on the beach when the coach and wife take their annual post season trip to So Cal.
who goes to the beach in southern california in february/march?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24994 on: March 20, 2024, 05:58:34 PM »

who goes to the beach in southern california in february/march?

He has a house on the strand in dana point brah

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24995 on: March 21, 2024, 08:10:14 AM »
Moore makes 1.7 million next year. He'll be back and will be on the roster.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24996 on: March 21, 2024, 08:15:58 AM »
The Jets gave Mike Williams $15M?  That's funny.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24997 on: March 21, 2024, 10:43:35 AM »
incred

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24998 on: March 21, 2024, 11:17:43 AM »
Moore makes 1.7 million next year. He'll be back and will be on the roster.

Moore will make $1.3 million next year. I agree that he very likely will be back and on the roster.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24999 on: March 21, 2024, 11:34:18 AM »
Even cheaper.

Receivers it will be

Rice
Hollywood
Draft Pick