Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1501254 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #24725 on: February 20, 2024, 05:57:43 PM »
So . . . do the Chiefs wait it it's officially official that the Royals are building in the crossroads before they officially announce what they're going to do, or do they announce their plans before then?

i am more enraged by this thing every day, it's total bs

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24726 on: February 20, 2024, 06:16:57 PM »
I think our D-line is in shambles without CJ.  I think our secondary is still top half of the league without Sneed.

If the Chiefs don't resign Jones they aren't going to roll with the current roster they have. You realize that right?

Of course but they'll have to burn a good portion of whatever they save on replacing him to get it to average.

If Sneed leaves, we don't have to burn all the capital to rebuild our secondary.  Although certainly weaker, it would still be pretty strong.
i know you know but jones has benefited from sneed though.  when your secondary locks down and gives the rushers 5 minutes to rush the qb, good things happen.

sneed > jones in every imaginable way possible for this defense

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24727 on: February 20, 2024, 06:26:41 PM »
The person leading the defense sure seems to feel the same way
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24728 on: February 20, 2024, 06:53:07 PM »
So . . . do the Chiefs wait it it's officially official that the Royals are building in the crossroads before they officially announce what they're going to do, or do they announce their plans before then?

they won't be any more official before the vote. I assume they will release their big fancy plan in March.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24729 on: February 20, 2024, 07:18:31 PM »

Why are you enraged about this?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24730 on: February 20, 2024, 10:24:08 PM »

they won't be any more official before the vote. I assume they will release their big fancy plan in March.

Your two sentences are contradictory

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24731 on: February 20, 2024, 10:25:27 PM »

Why are you enraged about this?
The lack of transparency on the part of the billionaires asking for money

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24732 on: February 21, 2024, 09:18:55 AM »
I think our D-line is in shambles without CJ.  I think our secondary is still top half of the league without Sneed.

If the Chiefs don't resign Jones they aren't going to roll with the current roster they have. You realize that right?

Of course but they'll have to burn a good portion of whatever they save on replacing him to get it to average.

If Sneed leaves, we don't have to burn all the capital to rebuild our secondary.  Although certainly weaker, it would still be pretty strong.
i know you know but jones has benefited from sneed though.  when your secondary locks down and gives the rushers 5 minutes to rush the qb, good things happen.

sneed > jones in every imaginable way possible for this defense

Sure, but I don't think anyone gets home without CJ taking the O-line focus.

I think we can add a top 30ish CB (not Sneed level), save 10m, and still have a top 10 secondary.  I think there's about 2 other DTs that may hit free agency that could somewhat replace Chris, we save less than $10m, and I think our D-line drops more significantly. 

I also trust our coaches to draft and develop DBs more than I trust them to develop d-line.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #24733 on: February 21, 2024, 12:36:47 PM »

Do you think that the chiefs will just demolish the K and remodel arrowhead a bit, or are you thinking something bigger?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24734 on: February 21, 2024, 12:58:34 PM »
Chiefs will absolutely build an enclosed facility at the Truman sports complex.  Lamar always wanted a superbowl here, I'm sure that Clark will want to make that happen.

I'd imagine that the april vote will pass and then they'll announce something in phases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24735 on: February 21, 2024, 01:26:49 PM »
At the Super Bowl Clark said they want to renovate and are committed to outdoor football.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24736 on: February 21, 2024, 01:54:09 PM »
At the Super Bowl Clark said they want to renovate and are committed to outdoor football.

I did not believe him when he said that.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24737 on: February 21, 2024, 02:06:04 PM »

Chiefs will absolutely build an enclosed facility at the Truman sports complex.  Lamar always wanted a superbowl here, I'm sure that Clark will want to make that happen.

I'd imagine that the april vote will pass and then they'll announce something in phases.

Clark said specifically they are not adding a roof. Also why would they wait until after the vote to say what the money is for?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24738 on: February 21, 2024, 02:57:48 PM »

Hence you using the word "absolutely" in previous post

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
CHIEFS
« Reply #24739 on: February 21, 2024, 03:10:15 PM »

Do you think that the chiefs will just demolish the K and remodel arrowhead a bit, or are you thinking something bigger?
I think that they want to put a hotel there and i would not be surprised if they address the problems with their current non-game day facilities

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24740 on: February 21, 2024, 04:29:32 PM »
Chiefs delayed their big reveal due to the shooting. I heard next week is the rollout. I assume they will do a Lambeau style outer shell and then something fun over the Kauffman footprint like a tailgate village thing.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #24741 on: February 21, 2024, 04:48:20 PM »
Chiefs delayed their big reveal due to the shooting. I heard next week is the rollout. I assume they will do a Lambeau style outer shell and then something fun over the Kauffman footprint like a tailgate village thing.

Maybe a Texas live type thing in Arlington?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24742 on: February 21, 2024, 05:21:26 PM »

Right now I think they'll renovate 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24743 on: February 21, 2024, 07:02:02 PM »

Right now I think they'll renovate

they will definately keep the Arrowhead core building.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24744 on: February 21, 2024, 07:06:54 PM »
Need a new stadium in joco

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #24745 on: February 21, 2024, 07:09:06 PM »
We need a stadium in joco as much as we need to draft WRs in the first round.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24746 on: February 22, 2024, 12:23:42 PM »
Spotted in Chicago today.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24747 on: February 22, 2024, 12:33:45 PM »
Well that's awesome.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24748 on: February 22, 2024, 01:05:37 PM »

Hence you using the word "absolutely" in previous post

I absolutely believe that arrowhead will be gone within 10-15 years.

To do this, the chiefs NEED the royals out of there, so let the royals get the ball rolling, then get their own plans ready to go.

I think it will be a retractable roof of some sort, I think the goal is to maximize premium amenities, get a superbowl to KC.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24749 on: February 22, 2024, 01:58:18 PM »
Am I in line with most average KC fans that I don't really care if a Super Bowl is ever in KC? Doesn't move the needle much for me.