Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1462466 times)

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #16525 on: January 21, 2019, 09:08:42 AM »
The OT was just gut wrenching, between the dumb rule of a TD wins it on opening drive to the constantly not being able to stop 3rd and 10s.

The pure joy I felt on the Dee Ford offsides int was right up there with all the best feelings I've had.... Until I turned back to the tv and saw the penalty indicator

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: January 21, 2019, 09:09:27 AM »
the offensive line was amazingly bad last night. also the ball did not hit edelman.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: January 21, 2019, 09:10:55 AM »
 :dubious:

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16528 on: January 21, 2019, 09:11:52 AM »
a few random thoughts from the latest heartbreak:

-i was sooo happy butker made the field goal to force OT. he would have gotten unjustifiably run out of town had he missed the kick. all NFL kickers are amazing at their craft, but only about a quarter of them are rock solid between the ears. butker had already positioned himself to have a very good career before yesterday, but i think that kick under those circumstances is gonna be a major boost for him personally.

-the late 4th quarter sequence was a near exact replica of the chiefs-rams game from a few months ago. in the rams game, chiefs trailing by 3, they completed it to the 20 yard line - before the rams were whistled for a personal foul that moved the chiefs to 1st-and-goal. that personal foul arguably cost the chiefs the game, because without it, they could have chewed up clock and punched in a late TD to get a walk off win. instead, they scored on the very next play and the rams had plenty of time for rebuttal. this time, watkins' catch and run - awesome as it was - proved to be too good. had he went down at, say, the 15 yard line instead of the 2, the chiefs could have guaranteed themselves OT at worst or perhaps a late TD that didn't leave Brady with 2-plus minutes. it's a bit unconventional, but in today's NFL with offenses as good as they are, scoring late half and at end of games can't just be about if, but also when.

-the edelman overturn was ridiculous. maybe the ball hit him, maybe it didn't. to my eyes, it did. but how can you conclusively say it didn't and overturn the call? the ensuing INT was a huge bailout for the NFL there imo.

-bob sutton must go. i was fine with him coming back this year. andy gave him an overly fair shake. but in the end, his unit didn't deliver, and what evidence do we have that suggests it ever will? andy/mahomes will outclass every coordinator they go up against, including belichick. but brady/mcdaniels vs sutton is just a monster mismatch. if not for an endzone INT and a couple of 4th down stops, the Pats would have scored 45 pts in regulation and possessed the ball for 40+ mins.

Agree with about everything you said but these points in particular.  At least the Watkins drive got KC up four, which limited the Patriots ability to completely milk the clock so we were able to get the last FG. 

From my angle, I did not see the offsides or the flag for it and was partying like crazy when I thought the Chiefs were ending the game.  That flag broke me.

I was at the stadium too so did not see/hear the analysis, but did not understand the "catch" that the replay officials let stand.  Seemed pretty clearly loose in his arm and moving some as it hit the ground. 

I don't think the ball hit Edelman.  I just don't think there was anything 100% conclusive on that replay.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: January 21, 2019, 09:14:18 AM »
I didn't think the ball hit him either, but that was def not a catch... He lost control and then trapped it against the ground
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16530 on: January 21, 2019, 09:14:49 AM »
also the ball did not hit edelman.

I didn't want to bring it up, but yeah. The video is clear.

Dee Ford offsides int

This is the one I'd TOTALLY be obsessing over if I was a Chiefs fan.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16531 on: January 21, 2019, 09:16:27 AM »
Tom Brady's after game celebration was over the top douchiness.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16532 on: January 21, 2019, 09:20:54 AM »

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16533 on: January 21, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »
the defense has been really good all season on 3rd and long, just got absolutely clowned over and over last night in those situations. tough loss

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #16534 on: January 21, 2019, 09:32:31 AM »

are people saying that the ball clearly didn't hit edelman at-home viewers, or in-stadium viewers? not sure if same angles were shown on tv, but the stadium angles we got seemed more conclusive that it did hit him than didn't.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16535 on: January 21, 2019, 09:33:40 AM »
Yup

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16536 on: January 21, 2019, 09:36:18 AM »

are people saying that the ball clearly didn't hit edelman at-home viewers, or in-stadium viewers? not sure if same angles were shown on tv, but the stadium angles we got seemed more conclusive that it did hit him than didn't.

they had an astounding number of angles on tv. like maybe it's a playoff game thing but there were srsly like 12 zoomed in shots that they replayed. each time, you expected to see the ball graze a finger or a bicep hair, but it just never did.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16537 on: January 21, 2019, 09:37:51 AM »
The angles at the stadium were better and it absolutely touched him. I watched it when I got home last night because I hate myself and it was night and day between the two.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16538 on: January 21, 2019, 09:40:35 AM »
-i have not watched the broadcast and have not read much analysis, so it's possible i'm missing something here. But in real time (and especially afterward) i hated andy's timeout on 3rd-and-4 late in the 2nd quarter. the pats seemed content to go into half up 7-0 and the chiefs should have been thrilled with that. the worst-case scenario without a timeout seemed to be a pats field goal and a 10-pt deficit. the upside, let's be honest, was super limited. if the chiefs force a punt, maybe they respond with a field goal and cut it to 4. if the pats get a first down - more likely than unlikely - then they're barreling down the field for the net plus 3 with a FG. tragically, they got a touchdown (and nearly got the ball again after mahomes fumbed moments later). so to recap, the pats were likely going to half up 7-0 or, at worst, 10-0; and instead they went in up 14-0 and were a bounce away from 17-0. just a disastrous and costly sequence there.
I 100% agree with you and you're the first person I've seen talking about this since last night.  I was irate when we called that timeout.  If they want to eat the possession and give us the ball down 7 after halftime, TAKE IT.  That was so frustrating.

By the way, the stadium was the best football environment I've ever been in.  The entire stadium feels like the student section at K-State.  Everyone standing 100% of the time.  I honestly don't know how middle aged people endure it.  I am physically exhausted just from being at the game and standing and yelling.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16539 on: January 21, 2019, 09:42:22 AM »
The angles at the stadium were better and it absolutely touched him. I watched it when I got home last night because I hate myself and it was night and day between the two.

we all cope in our own ways wackycat. i'm just going to keep listening to the sadder part of the Smiths catalogue and you can keep lying to yourself about the edelman replays.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16540 on: January 21, 2019, 09:44:12 AM »
The non catch replay was much more BS than Edelman non touch ...he didn't touch that .

The rough the Brady call was insane.

I can kinda see how Dee lined up offsides when you see how far back off the line their LT was. What a guy wrencher.  Checked my HRM and I hit 130 on that play.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16541 on: January 21, 2019, 09:44:42 AM »
It's one of those things where every angle shows the ball definitely not hitting him and there are no other possible remaining angles to be seen that could show the ball hitting him. It would be a physical impossibility. I do also agree, though, that it is totally unbelievable that the ball somehow did not hit him.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16542 on: January 21, 2019, 09:45:38 AM »

we all cope in our own ways wackycat. i'm just going to keep listening to the sadder part of the Smiths catalogue and you can keep lying to yourself about the edelman replays.

There is no reason to even fret over it. we got the ball right away and it didn't touch him.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16543 on: January 21, 2019, 09:46:31 AM »

edelman replay doesn't bother me at all because we ended up getting it back almost instantly anyway.  but i concur with those saying that, at least from the replays shown in the stadium, you couldn't tell definitively one way or the other.  i was very surprised to see that overturned.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16544 on: January 21, 2019, 09:50:30 AM »
Also, I will say, that this is the first year I've ever really paid much attention to the Chiefs.  Got season tickets with some friends on a whim because they were dirt cheap.  I had so much fun out there this year. 

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #16545 on: January 21, 2019, 09:51:37 AM »
The edelman play isn't really that big of deal anyways guys.  It touched his hands the next play and we got it, so get over that.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16546 on: January 21, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »
The TV replays of that were pretty incredible.
K_M reaction.
"Well, this angle clearly shows that it hit is left thumb."
*Reverse angle*
"Now this angle disproves that, because it didn't touch that thumb.  But it does look like it touches his right thumb."
*New angle*
"Well, I guess it did not touch his right thumb.  But I think it looks like it got him on the arm!"
*new angle*
"Completely misses his arm. . . But what about that finger on the ground?"
*new angle*
"How did he not touch it at all?"

It seemed to defy physics.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16547 on: January 21, 2019, 09:56:06 AM »
i actually kind of want dax to come in here and pretend to not be a dick to us. it would be cathartic and possibly help me get on with my day

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16548 on: January 21, 2019, 09:57:48 AM »
Probably still sticky from the champagne shower
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16549 on: January 21, 2019, 09:57:59 AM »
He's a 'Bama fan now, anything is possible.