Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1461301 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS
« Reply #16500 on: January 20, 2019, 09:14:54 PM »
Now seems like a great time to mention that the pro football overtime setup is rough ridin' absurd
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16501 on: January 20, 2019, 09:15:04 PM »
That hurt
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16502 on: January 20, 2019, 09:15:15 PM »
the rough ridin' refs, man.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16503 on: January 20, 2019, 09:16:55 PM »
An unlucky coin toss and a genuinely poor defense. It’s a miracle we even got it OT, but this one’s gonna sting for a while.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #16504 on: January 20, 2019, 09:17:58 PM »
For real how are you gonna not even let Mahomes touch the ball in overtime? That is a ridiculous overtime setup and no one will ever convince me otherwise.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16505 on: January 20, 2019, 09:19:03 PM »
MAGA

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16506 on: January 20, 2019, 09:21:27 PM »
I’m not even mad, they were just better than we were. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16507 on: January 20, 2019, 09:25:06 PM »
Were they though?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #16508 on: January 20, 2019, 09:26:45 PM »
eff man, this one hurts.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #16509 on: January 20, 2019, 09:27:16 PM »
I’m not even mad, they were just better than we were.

Go eff yourself, we had that game won.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16510 on: January 20, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16511 on: January 20, 2019, 09:36:16 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16512 on: January 20, 2019, 09:37:41 PM »
For real how are you gonna not even let Mahomes touch the ball in overtime? That is a ridiculous overtime setup and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

you're right, it's stupid.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16513 on: January 20, 2019, 11:12:13 PM »
OT should be each team touches the ball once. 

What a fun effing year though.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16514 on: January 20, 2019, 11:19:00 PM »
2014 Royals.  One more step to take, more refinement. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16515 on: January 20, 2019, 11:23:30 PM »
2014 Royals.  One more step to take, more refinement.

except they made it to the big game (series)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16516 on: January 21, 2019, 08:30:56 AM »
I'm sad. Also, what's up with the trend of butthurt KC transplants? I mean, obviously you have the Dax's of the world, but my god, I got 3 different ppl texting me last night lol'ing about the result. Are they just sad they're not in town for the big game or something?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16517 on: January 21, 2019, 08:34:55 AM »
They knew you'd take the bait bud, that's all  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16518 on: January 21, 2019, 08:39:41 AM »
 :bang: MONSTERS!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16519 on: January 21, 2019, 08:55:39 AM »

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16520 on: January 21, 2019, 08:56:18 AM »
Went to watch the game at a bar yesterday.  Ended up at the same table with the band Bowling For Soup.  I don't know if they're normally Chiefs but they were yesterday.  Tons of high fives all around during the second half yesterday.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16521 on: January 21, 2019, 09:01:10 AM »
Anyone not rooting for the Chiefs yesterday is a giant ass.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16522 on: January 21, 2019, 09:02:48 AM »
Went to watch the game at a bar yesterday.  Ended up at the same table with the band Bowling For Soup.  I don't know if they're normally Chiefs but they were yesterday.  Tons of high fives all around during the second half yesterday.
Interesting

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #16523 on: January 21, 2019, 09:03:04 AM »
a few random thoughts from the latest heartbreak:

-arrowhead was a ton of fun. you knew it was going to be a special atmosphere 2 hours before kickoff, with people lined up at every gate well before get-in time, and it didn't disappoint. the colts game, fans were filled with dread and angst. this game was optimistic enthusiasm. it was a free roll and felt like it at all times, even when things were going poorly.

-i was sooo happy butker made the field goal to force OT. he would have gotten unjustifiably run out of town had he missed the kick. all NFL kickers are amazing at their craft, but only about a quarter of them are rock solid between the ears. butker had already positioned himself to have a very good career before yesterday, but i think that kick under those circumstances is gonna be a major boost for him personally.

-the late 4th quarter sequence was a near exact replica of the chiefs-rams game from a few months ago. in the rams game, chiefs trailing by 3, they completed it to the 20 yard line - before the rams were whistled for a personal foul that moved the chiefs to 1st-and-goal. that personal foul arguably cost the chiefs the game, because without it, they could have chewed up clock and punched in a late TD to get a walk off win. instead, they scored on the very next play and the rams had plenty of time for rebuttal. this time, watkins' catch and run - awesome as it was - proved to be too good. had he went down at, say, the 15 yard line instead of the 2, the chiefs could have guaranteed themselves OT at worst or perhaps a late TD that didn't leave Brady with 2-plus minutes. it's a bit unconventional, but in today's NFL with offenses as good as they are, scoring late half and at end of games can't just be about if, but also when.

-i have not watched the broadcast and have not read much analysis, so it's possible i'm missing something here. But in real time (and especially afterward) i hated andy's timeout on 3rd-and-4 late in the 2nd quarter. the pats seemed content to go into half up 7-0 and the chiefs should have been thrilled with that. the worst-case scenario without a timeout seemed to be a pats field goal and a 10-pt deficit. the upside, let's be honest, was super limited. if the chiefs force a punt, maybe they respond with a field goal and cut it to 4. if the pats get a first down - more likely than unlikely - then they're barreling down the field for the net plus 3 with a FG. tragically, they got a touchdown (and nearly got the ball again after mahomes fumbed moments later). so to recap, the pats were likely going to half up 7-0 or, at worst, 10-0; and instead they went in up 14-0 and were a bounce away from 17-0. just a disastrous and costly sequence there.

-the edelman overturn was ridiculous. maybe the ball hit him, maybe it didn't. to my eyes, it did. but how can you conclusively say it didn't and overturn the call? the ensuing INT was a huge bailout for the NFL there imo.

-bob sutton must go. i was fine with him coming back this year. andy gave him an overly fair shake. but in the end, his unit didn't deliver, and what evidence do we have that suggests it ever will? andy/mahomes will outclass every coordinator they go up against, including belichick. but brady/mcdaniels vs sutton is just a monster mismatch. if not for an endzone INT and a couple of 4th down stops, the Pats would have scored 45 pts in regulation and possessed the ball for 40+ mins.

-criticism of the first-half offense is dumb. you knew belichick would give mahomes some tough looks early, and there would need to be adjustments made. the offense got its first crack with 7 mins left in the 1st quarter and didn't touch the ball again until early in the 2nd quarter. the Pats ran 26 plays before the chiefs offense took the field for a 2nd time. the chiefs had just three chances in total in the 1st half. sutton's defense is decent at keeping points down at times, especially at home. but going forward, the chiefs need more of a boom-or-bust defense. whatever happens, get it over with quickly. it's absurd to have this record-setting offense standing around for prolonged stretches.

-i feel horrible for andy. as great as mahomes is, and as much potential as the chiefs have in the near future, they won't have many opportunities better than this going forward. the guy is a top-5 all time regular season coach, just like marty was, but can't catch a postseason break. some of it is self inflicted, but some of it is just bad luck.

-overall, good game, fun game, would do it again. can't win em all, right?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16524 on: January 21, 2019, 09:06:12 AM »
The Edelman overturn had me fuming.