Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1503549 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS KINGDOM, REID DAWN RISING, SEA OF RED, ARROWHEAD PRIDE
« Reply #6250 on: August 06, 2014, 12:41:59 AM »
one day wacky will leave this thread and never come back. one day...

also, let's talk about justin houston you dipshits. he's the one we need to resign.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/8/5/5972771/huge-gap-between-houston-chiefs

...and it's not going well right now.

What's worth talking about?  We have no reason to extend him right now.  We drafted another pass rusher to put pressure on him to perform this year, we can negotiate with his agent all year and if he slumps it will decrease his value.  If he performs like he should or better, worst case we franchise him for next year.

Think with you head, not your heart.  Low ball the crap out of him at this point.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: August 06, 2014, 01:44:56 AM »

also, let's talk about justin houston you dipshits. he's the one we need to resign.

What's worth talking about?  We have no reason to extend him right now.  We drafted another pass rusher to put pressure on him to perform this year, we can negotiate with his agent all year and if he slumps it will decrease his value.  If he performs like he should or better, worst case we franchise him for next year.

Think with you head, not your heart.  Low ball the crap out of him at this point.

if i didn't know that wacky exists, i would say you're the dumbest person alive.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: August 06, 2014, 01:56:15 AM »
we didn't draft ford to put pressure on houston. we drafted him to replace hali who will not be back after this season. and dee ford had something like 29 tackles the entire season last year. the odds of him being just a guy are pretty damn high.

no need to extend houston right now?

the dude just had 11 sacks in 11 games in the N F L. he is, aside from jamaal, the best player on this team. he's 25. he plays a premium position. there are maybe 4 or 5 other guys in the entire league with his skillset. maybe.

the only talking point the chiefs have, is that he missed 5 games. they only have a smidge of bargaining power right now, because he didn't stay healthy. if he plays all 16 game next season and has 15+ sacks, he is going to absolutely bend us over at the negotiating table.

sign him now you idiots.

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: August 06, 2014, 08:44:15 AM »

if i didn't know that wacky exists, i would say you're the dumbest person alive.
That's uncalled for.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: August 06, 2014, 08:45:35 AM »
we didn't draft ford to put pressure on houston. we drafted him to replace hali who will not be back after this season. and dee ford had something like 29 tackles the entire season last year. the odds of him being just a guy are pretty damn high.

the dude just had 11 sacks in 11 games in the N F L. he is, aside from jamaal, the best player on this team. he's 25. he plays a premium position. there are maybe 4 or 5 other guys in the entire league with his skillset. maybe.

the only talking point the chiefs have, is that he missed 5 games. they only have a smidge of bargaining power right now, because he didn't stay healthy. if he plays all 16 game next season and has 15+ sacks, he is going to absolutely bend us over at the negotiating table.

sign him now you idiots.
Pfft.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6255 on: August 06, 2014, 09:44:18 AM »
Who's excited for tomorrow night? This guy!  :Woohoo:

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #6256 on: August 06, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »
Guys.  Knile Davis is a damn stud.

:excited:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6257 on: August 06, 2014, 10:54:08 AM »

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6258 on: August 06, 2014, 11:07:54 AM »

sign him now you idiots.

Why not franchise tag him next year and save millions that we can use this year?  We will use the franchise tag on either him or Alex and I'd much rather franchise Houston because it saves us a lot of money.

I understand how good he is, you don't need to state that, idiot.  They can work out a deal next year.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6259 on: August 06, 2014, 11:10:59 AM »

i've always wondered if that is jean claude van damm in that gif but never had the courage to ask..

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6260 on: August 06, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »

i've always wondered if that is jean claude van damm in that gif but never had the courage to ask..
If being serious, you bet your ass it is!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6261 on: August 06, 2014, 11:34:48 AM »
WC I have hopes for Dee Ford too, but it didn't sound like he has the explosiveness Houston has. If our secondary is going to be pud city USA, Houston is pretty damn essential.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6262 on: August 06, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »
WC I have hopes for Dee Ford too, but it didn't sound like he has the explosiveness Houston has. If our secondary is going to be pud city USA, Houston is pretty damn essential.
Oh, I agree, but Jamaal was pretty meh in college too. I'm not going to write off dee ford for "having 29 tackles" last year in college. I just hope we're good, ok?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6263 on: August 06, 2014, 11:39:24 AM »
Oh, I agree, but Jamaal was pretty meh in college too. I'm not going to write off dee ford for "having 29 tackles" last year in college. I just hope we're good, ok?

me too, of course. The difference was coming out of college everyone recognized Jamaal's speed and athleticism. He was a freak. He still is. Dee Ford can be a very good NFL player but it won't be because of a freakish genetic advantage like Jamaal/Houston have

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6264 on: August 06, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »
I know you still have to pay $30 to park and it's a preseason game, but you really can't pass on $4 tickets.

http://www.stubhub.com/kansas-city-chiefs-tickets/kansas-city-chiefs-kansas-city-arrowhead-stadium-8-7-2014-9037989/

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6265 on: August 06, 2014, 12:13:27 PM »

me too, of course. The difference was coming out of college everyone recognized Jamaal's speed and athleticism. He was a freak. He still is. Dee Ford can be a very good NFL player but it won't be because of a freakish genetic advantage like Jamaal/Houston have

Umm, Ford's freakish athleticism is one of his best qualities, did you not see the sports science piece on him? He's missing the strength and skill that Houston has though.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6266 on: August 06, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
They compared Ford's athletic ability to Von Miller's.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6267 on: August 06, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »

oh.

my bad.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6268 on: August 06, 2014, 02:39:53 PM »

oh.

my bad.

I agree though that they need to be getting Houston signed ASAP. Ford should be replacing Hali not Houston. Houston is probably the most important player for the franchise not named Jamaal Charles.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6269 on: August 06, 2014, 11:38:17 PM »

sign him now you idiots.

Why not franchise tag him next year and save millions that we can use this year?  We will use the franchise tag on either him or Alex and I'd much rather franchise Houston because it saves us a lot of money.

I understand how good he is, you don't need to state that, idiot.  They can work out a deal next year.

im 100 percent certain that you have zero idea what you're talking about

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6270 on: August 07, 2014, 08:21:01 AM »
It's an old fashioned dub-off! J hyphen versus capital D!
:adios:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: August 07, 2014, 09:15:19 AM »
Another Dub off?  :popcorn:

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: August 07, 2014, 11:01:21 AM »

sign him now you idiots.

im 100 percent certain that you have zero idea what you're talking about

I want him to get extended, I just don't think the chiefs brass will do it before this season.  The new CBA makes it impossible for someone to hold out anymore. 

Also, we don't have the money to extend both Alex and Houston unless Alex does a team friendly deal which he would have done by this point if he wanted to do that, so we will either get rid of Alex at the end of his contract or one gets franchised and the other extended.  Franchising Alex and paying him that kind of money at this point would be idiotic.  They won't extend Houston until they figure out what to do with Alex and that looks unlikely by this season.

On a side note, is the game tonight being streamed anywhere?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: August 07, 2014, 11:01:50 AM »
Who will you guys be eyeing tonight? I'll be all eyes on our receiving core. I here it's way deeper than last year.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: August 07, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »
name 3 things less boring than an NFL preseason game.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.