Author Topic: CHIEFS  (Read 1503771 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS KINGDOM, REID DAWN RISING, SEA OF RED, ARROWHEAD PRIDE, GREAT UNWASHED
« Reply #5050 on: January 24, 2014, 01:10:33 PM »
we need a FS so, so very badly

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CHIEFS KINGDOM, REID DAWN RISING, SEA OF RED, ARROWHEAD PRIDE, GREAT UNWASHED
« Reply #5051 on: January 24, 2014, 01:20:24 PM »
I think Flowers and Berry are solid.  Smith is definitely good enough.  Chiefs could potentially get a nickel corner or a safety in the 3rd round.  Cooper is young and may be pretty good before long, but shouldn't have been in there yet.

Also Chiefs could sign Decker and then have less need for that nickel corner/safety  :love:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: January 24, 2014, 01:35:20 PM »
Ok CF3, I'm going to break down a few of the corners based on your criteria and on the likelihood that the Chiefs can make a play for them. 

Please again note that the following is based on the SabiNation Player Rankings Database (SPRD) which is incredibly scientific and not at all based on my own attempt at evaluations.

Alterraun Verner, Titans
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Broncos

These two will likely price themselves out of the Chiefs' interest.  Do not hold your breath here, Cartier.

Brent Grimes, Dolphins
Vontae Davis, Colts
Aqib Talib, Patriots

These three will also be expensive, but each would offer a good return on investment.  Grimes and Davis are physical man to man corners.  Talib is a squawk but is an above average corner with good size and decent ball skills.

Captain Munnerlyn, Panthers
Tracy Porter, Raiders

These two are the kind of guys that the SPRD would love to see the Chiefs make a play at.  Reasonably priced but productive.

Munnerlyn is a very physical corner that played in a similar defensive scheme in Carolina as the one that the Chiefs would like to play (press coverage, corners "on an island.")  He was very productive in this scheme, racking up 73 tackles (top 10 CB) with 2 INT's, one FF and a wopping 3 sacks (most by a CB in the 2013 regular season).  25 years old.

Porter's own physicality is underappreciated, he'll make a tackle one on one with any receiver (67 tackles - top 15 by corners).  He's also one of those guys that just seems to make plays.  He'll give up a play or two, but then he'll take a pick six back to the hizouse to change the game.  27 years old.

Charles Tillman, Bears
Tillman is a bit of a "grandpa" at 32 years old, but his productivity can't be ignored.  The dude is a gamechanger at times.  Would not be opposed to a short term deal for Tillman.

Sam Shields and Richard Marshall aren't as well known, but the SPRD views these two as potential low price options for the Chiefs.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 04:30:56 PM by SabiNation »
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: January 24, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
I think safety is a much bigger need and if the Chiefs spend FA money in the secondary that's where they need to do it. Unless they can sign one of those guys for super cheap I think the better gameplan at CB is roll with what you have (except Dunta, he needs to be and probably will be cut) and hope that Flowers, Smith and Cooper have better seasons next year after improving at FS. If they happen to find a ditr in the draft or a stud who drops go ahead and try to improve that way.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: January 24, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »
FREE SAFETY! <-- i would wear that shirt to clark's house if he invited me for a dinner party

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: January 26, 2014, 09:02:03 PM »
hey guys, alex looks overmatched and out of place  :frown:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: January 26, 2014, 09:12:50 PM »
This is awkward to watch

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: January 26, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »
dex is the only other guy who looks out of place  :frown:

the whole season was a fraud  :frown:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: January 26, 2014, 09:16:58 PM »
jerry is gonna lose to deion because alex won't throw it up to josh gordon down the field like foles just did to antonio brown.  :frown:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: January 26, 2014, 09:22:22 PM »
dex is the only other guy who looks out of place  :frown:

the whole season was a fraud  :frown:

I hate that I'm known as the pessimistic guy in this thread, because I really do hope the Chiefs do great things. But I stand by what I said in November

The moment before kickoff in Denver, when we were 9-0, was the peak of the Reid/Dorsey/Smith era. No question in my mind.

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: January 26, 2014, 09:24:09 PM »
in other relevant news alex just did another 4 yd flip shovel pass thingy that almost got picked  :frown:

then he threw it out of bounds on 3rd and 2  :frown:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: January 26, 2014, 09:24:25 PM »
i feel sorry for alex's team

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: January 26, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »
4th down fake punt trick play bailed 'em out  :D

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: January 26, 2014, 09:26:02 PM »
2 yd dump off to rb on 1st down  :frown:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: January 26, 2014, 09:26:40 PM »
He over threw Jimmy Graham. That guy is like 6' 8" 

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: January 26, 2014, 09:27:44 PM »
weddle just dropped the game ending alex smith pick :frown:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: January 26, 2014, 09:28:01 PM »
Alex! with the 4th down conversion

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: January 26, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »
he finally threw it to josh gordon like i told him to  :Woot:

1ST DOWN!!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: January 26, 2014, 09:29:48 PM »
he's got jimmy graham, josh gordon and alshon jeffrey and he keeps dumping it to the rb  :frown:

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: January 26, 2014, 09:30:19 PM »
he's got jimmy graham, josh gordon and alshon jeffrey and he keeps dumping it to the rb  :frown:

and larry fitz  :frown:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: January 26, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »
 :lol:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: January 26, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline j-dub

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: January 26, 2014, 09:31:14 PM »
intercepted  :frown:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: January 26, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »
keep me updated guys :love: