Author Topic: fyi  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
fyi
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
And this guy wants to control business and the economy?

The percentage of each past president's (20th/21st Century) cabinet who had worked in the private business sector prior to their appointment to the cabinet.  You know what the private business sector is... a real life business, not a government job.  Here are the percentages.

Eisenhower........... 57%
Reagan...................56%
GW Bush................ 55%
Nixon...................  53%
Wilson .................52%
GH Bush................. 51%
F. Roosevelt.........  50%
Truman..................50%
Harding..................49%
Coolidge..............  48%
Johnson.................47%
Ford..................... 42%
Hoover................. 42%
Taft.....................40%
Clinton   ................. 39%
T. Roosevelt........  38%
Carter..................  32%
Kennedy..............  30%
obama................ 8%

The line represents the average (44.1%)

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: fyi
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:24:21 PM »
This is only true if you don't consider being a lawyer a private practice. Also if you don't consider heading the AT&T electronics research lab, being a partner in a family farm, owning and operating a Dairy Queen, or serving as managing director of Prudential Mortgage Capital Company as private practice.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:47:49 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_eisenhower

When did Eisenhower work for a job that wasn't in the military, other than 5 years as president of Columbia university?

:dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:56:08 PM »

When did Eisenhower work for a job that wasn't in the military, other than 5 years as president of Columbia university?

I think the breakdown is that any job which requires an above average intelligence, like being a lawyer or researcher for a private firm does not count. Unless your degree is in business and you not only worked for a corporate business but ran it (doesn't matter if you were successful), you are not qualified to be a cabinet member such as defense secretary, attorney general, health and human services secretary, transportation secretary, education secretary, etc.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 11:35:39 PM »
I got this email last week.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 06:00:48 AM »

I didn't realize Eisenhower as president was considered a cabinet position.

Don't even try to argue Ike.  Growing up in Abilene with an interest in history, I had probably forgotten more stuff about him by the age of 12 than you'll ever know.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »
Don't even try to argue Ike.  Growing up in Abilene with an interest in history, I had probably forgotten more stuff about him by the age of 12 than you'll ever know.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Sugar Dick

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »

:facepalm:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »

I didn't realize Eisenhower as president was considered a cabinet position.

so I'm right?  No real life experience for "Ike"?

Also, I'm pretty sure your stats are made up.  Not smart to take a forwarded email at face value.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »

Sugar Dick

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 07:05:58 PM »
This is only true if you don't consider being a lawyer a private practice. Also if you don't consider heading the AT&T electronics research lab, being a partner in a family farm, owning and operating a Dairy Queen, or serving as managing director of Prudential Mortgage Capital Company as private practice.

First of all, Dairy Queen?!?!?  GMAFB  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secondly, if those jobs were included how would the stats shake out?  If you're going to bring up the point, you should probably justify whether or not its even relevant.

TIA
 :gocho:

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 08:04:23 PM »

Secondly, if those jobs were included how would the stats shake out?  If you're going to bring up the point, you should probably justify whether or not its even relevant.

TIA
This has elitist commie written all over it. :angry:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 08:20:57 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 08:26:55 PM »

TIA

Well, it's hard to say because 1 cabinet member is 6% (16 member cabinet). I have no idea how the study found that 8% had private sector experience. I've looked for the study and can only find a graph with no explanation.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 08:28:24 PM »

TIA

Well, it's hard to say because 1 cabinet member is 6% (16 member cabinet). I have no idea how the study found that 8% had private sector experience. I've looked for the study and can only find a graph with no explanation.
Well, yeah, the story is complete fabricated bullshit.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
Also, I'm pretty sure your stats are made up.  Not smart to take a forwarded email at face value.

LOL, of course it was bullsh*t:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2009/dec/02/glenn-beck/beck-says-less-10-percent-obama-cabinet-members-ha/

Next step for the neocons:  attack politifact

Seriously, there are plenty of valid reasons to attack Obama.  I don't understand why the neocons don't steal those from Glenn Beck, (assuming they exist).  Things like this are just stupid and make it a lot more difficult to think you guys aren't complete morons.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:37:29 PM by michigancat »

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 09:56:47 PM »
The report I had was Investors Business Daily.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »

yep, that's who the email was from

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 11:30:20 PM »

Those jackasses stole it from the original jackass Forbes article:

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/24/michael-cembalest-obama-business-beltway-cabinet.html

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=519631

Notice that the only difference is Forbes went back and tweaked Obama's data after being called on their bullsh*t.  Is there anything about this email that wasn't 100% pure bullsh*t? 

:lol:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 11:33:50 PM »
OBAMA IS SATAN@@@@#$$$#@%%#@!

Sugar Dick

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 03:53:40 AM »

http://www.forbes.com/2009/11/24/michael-cembalest-obama-business-beltway-cabinet.html

Notice that the only difference is Forbes went back and tweaked Obama's data after being called on their bullsh*t.  Is there anything about this email that wasn't 100% pure bullsh*t? 

So, after your research, you found that regardless of the percentages, Obama's cabinet actually has the least private sector experience of any modern day cabinet???  And you follow that up with a question about whether anything in an email about Obama's cabinet having the least private sector experience is not complete bullshit???

Are you f*cking serious???  :facepalm: 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 06:43:45 AM »

So, after your research, you found that regardless of the percentages, Obama's cabinet actually has the least private sector experience of any modern day cabinet??? 

Did you read any of those links?  He picked and chose cabinet positions to fit his agenda, made up bullshit rules of what constituted "private sector experience", and was flat out wrong about one of Obama's cabinet members.

In short, Sugar Dick, everything about it is bullshit, no matter what the Investor's Business Daily graph says.  Obama may, in fact, have the cabinet with the "least private sector experience", but only a complete moron would come to that conclusion after reading the politifact link.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 08:00:52 AM »
I like how every presidents last name is capitalized except Obama.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 08:09:11 AM »
If you read the politifact link, lawyers were only counted as 1/3 of a person. I didn't realize that they get paid 2/3 of their money from big government. Also,  :lol: at Sugar Dick mocking Dairy Queen ownership.