Author Topic: KU Rebel BBS Starting To Gain Steam  (Read 15417 times)

Offline hillwalking03

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • Worst Non-KSU grad school KU poster on goEMAW.com
    • View Profile
Re: KU Rebel BBS Starting To Gain Steam
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 08:52:32 AM »
I do like how when you type Tom Light on that board it replaces it with Der Führer
Message Board Samurai

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 10:47:16 AM »
Getting close to all-out civil war on the phog. Then again, it's gotten to that point a number of times.

LOL.  :opcat: (<---- Tom) is going around collecting names of people posting on the rogue site to ban them on the Phog  :ohno:

hill, what's with the hate of EDF? :confused:

No idea.  Its one of the reasons I think that board will fail.  People get worked up about EDF and still do things like title threads "THE OFFICIAL..." and all the other stuff that make the phog tardville.  I'm going make EDF a mod on my long delayed KU Rebel BBS

Yeah, seems like most of those guys were upset with the phog because they weren't being allowed to post curse words or boobies.  That's not the type of dissatisfaction that will sustain a rebel BBS.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »
Getting close to all-out civil war on the phog. Then again, it's gotten to that point a number of times.

LOL.  :opcat: (<---- Tom) is going around collecting names of people posting on the rogue site to ban them on the Phog  :ohno:

No idea.  Its one of the reasons I think that board will fail.  People get worked up about EDF and still do things like title threads "THE OFFICIAL..." and all the other stuff that make the phog tardville.  I'm going make EDF a mod on my long delayed KU Rebel BBS

Yeah, seems like most of those guys were upset with the phog because they weren't being allowed to post curse words or boobies.  That's not the type of dissatisfaction that will sustain a rebel BBS.

Eh. It goes a little deeper than that, but it's definitely a different philosophical disagreement than the one ksufans and goEMAW had. People are generally dissatisfied with the amount of premium coverage on the phog, and a lot of posters are PISSED that they're getting permabanned for posting stuff Tom doesn't agree with despite the fact that they have a membership. However, the setup and structure of premium coverage is not a primary reason why KU fans are splitting off like we did over here. It's mainly the fact that Tom started his own board 10 years ago because of unnecessary censorship on the KU board he was posting on, and now he's participating in unnecessary censorship today as site admin. It goes beyond curse words and boobies; Tom has made the site VERY political and is willing to ban people who call him out on it, and he also generally just bans people who vehemently disagree with him on certain topics.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 12:37:02 PM »

LOL.  :opcat: (<---- Tom) is going around collecting names of people posting on the rogue site to ban them on the Phog  :ohno:

No idea.  Its one of the reasons I think that board will fail.  People get worked up about EDF and still do things like title threads "THE OFFICIAL..." and all the other stuff that make the phog tardville.  I'm going make EDF a mod on my long delayed KU Rebel BBS

Yeah, seems like most of those guys were upset with the phog because they weren't being allowed to post curse words or boobies.  That's not the type of dissatisfaction that will sustain a rebel BBS.

Eh. It goes a little deeper than that, but it's definitely a different philosophical disagreement than the one ksufans and goEMAW had. People are generally dissatisfied with the amount of premium coverage on the phog, and a lot of posters are PISSED that they're getting permabanned for posting stuff Tom doesn't agree with despite the fact that they have a membership. However, the setup and structure of premium coverage is not a primary reason why KU fans are splitting off like we did over here. It's mainly the fact that Tom started his own board 10 years ago because of unnecessary censorship on the KU board he was posting on, and now he's participating in unnecessary censorship today as site admin. It goes beyond curse words and boobies; Tom has made the site VERY political and is willing to ban people who call him out on it, and he also generally just bans people who vehemently disagree with him on certain topics.

Here's the deal- he's always been that way, it's just that he finally has banned basically every poster from other schools so now he's begining to eat his own- that's why people are starting to finally get pissed, because it's happening to them, KU fans.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 12:40:14 PM »
Good point. And yet he touts his track record of being "hospitable" to opposing fans :facepalm:

I guess when you compare him with InsideCarolina or some of the other Scout boards that argument holds some water, which really just says that the entire Scout network is composed of tightasses.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 12:49:18 PM »
True story: Tom Light's sock @ ksufans was EarthDogFred, he used EDF's avatar of Jack Nickleson and everything.  I have a screenshot of Tom's EDF account with VIOS IP address to prove it. 

oh, and Hi Tom.  :gocho:

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »
True story: Tom Light's sock @ ksufans was EarthDogFred, he used EDF's avatar of Jack Nickleson and everything.  I have a screenshot of Tom's EDF account with VIOS IP address to prove it. 

RESPOND TO THE ALLEGATION TOM/EDF-SOCK!!!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 12:53:18 PM »
it sucked because we all thought it was really EDF, until one day I looked at his profile and then i was like-
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/sgwygblcgy--Pac-Man-KilledArcade-Pac-Man-

Offline hillwalking03

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 12:55:56 PM »

You have to try harder to drag him out of hiding.  How about this:

Tom's the biggest racist homophobe on the internet.  If you ask him nicely he'll show you his trophy proving it.
Message Board Samurai

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 12:58:12 PM »
True story: Tom Light's sock @ ksufans was EarthDogFred, he used EDF's avatar of Jack Nickleson and everything.  I have a screenshot of Tom's EDF account with VIOS IP address to prove it.  

oh, and Hi Tom.  :gocho:

You have to try harder to drag him out of hiding.  How about this:

Tom's the biggest racist homophobe on the internet.  If you ask him nicely he'll show you his trophy proving it.
But he runs and KU message board how could that be possible.

could not resist

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
it sucked because we all thought it was really EDF, until one day I looked at his profile and then i was like-
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/sgwygblcgy--Pac-Man-KilledArcade-Pac-Man-

This is like when SuperPurpleCat posted on a bunch of scout boards culminating in his extended metaphor comparing Missouri to the Hobknobbers in Branson and everyone thought that it was SPC, but then it was revealed that it was someone from huskerpedia.

To think we were so far from greatness, and we mistakenly thought we had touched it.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 01:05:07 PM »

I think _33's point is more that just because the posters at the rebel site don't like Tom, doesn't mean it can survive as a rebel site. None of the posters over there besides the few posters like Hill and WtW are willing to laugh and ridicule their own program. I imagine the rebel site will be filled with threads believing in Turner Gill, talking about the importance of Tyrel Reed, claiming Lew Perkins is completely clean, etc. In other words, powerespect topics.

Maybe not, though. Not sure of the type of crowd that will merge that way.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 01:11:30 PM »

I think _33's point is more that just because the posters at the rebel site don't like Tom, doesn't mean it can survive as a rebel site. None of the posters over there besides the few posters like Hill and WtW are willing to laugh and ridicule their own program. I imagine the rebel site will be filled with threads believing in Turner Gill, talking about the importance of Tyrel Reed, claiming Lew Perkins is completely clean, etc. In other words, powerespect topics.

Maybe not, though. Not sure of the type of crowd that will merge that way.

This is a legit concern. There's never been a major concentration of people willing to sarcastically bag on KU sports over there. Aside from EDF, most of the contrarians just aren't very funny.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »

LOL.  :opcat: (<---- Tom) is going around collecting names of people posting on the rogue site to ban them on the Phog  :ohno:

No idea.  Its one of the reasons I think that board will fail.  People get worked up about EDF and still do things like title threads "THE OFFICIAL..." and all the other stuff that make the phog tardville.  I'm going make EDF a mod on my long delayed KU Rebel BBS

Yeah, seems like most of those guys were upset with the phog because they weren't being allowed to post curse words or boobies.  That's not the type of dissatisfaction that will sustain a rebel BBS.

Here's the deal- he's always been that way, it's just that he finally has banned basically every poster from other schools so now he's begining to eat his own- that's why people are starting to finally get pissed, because it's happening to them, KU fans.
"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 02:03:16 PM »
Tom if you're reading this, and we know you are.  Could you please share with us how you became a bandwagon ku basketball fan . . . and then tell us how you reconcile that reasoning with the fact that ku basketball has been placed on probation and found to be cheating many more times than Wichita State.

Thanks buddy.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »
Tom if you're reading this, and we know you are.  Could you please share with us how you became a bandwagon ku basketball fan . . . and then tell us how you reconcile that reasoning with the fact that ku basketball has been placed on probation and found to be cheating many more times than Wichita State.

Thanks buddy.

B&
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »
Tom if you're reading this, and we know you are.  Could you please share with us how you became a bandwagon ku basketball fan . . . and then tell us how you reconcile that reasoning with the fact that ku basketball has been placed on probation and found to be cheating many more times than Wichita State.

Thanks buddy.

Way to scare him into hiding even more.

Offline hillwalking03

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »
Message Board Samurai

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »
And why is it we haven't heard about this before????

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=174&f=2580&t=6163334

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 06:36:22 PM »
Saul, just make the goEMAJ site on our server already.  This is the time.  Sure, they would dominate us...but it would be amazing.

Offline Geezer

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
If I start a thread asking if Steve Dave has the
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »
(I'm too stupid to find a better word than gay)?
Will I be banned?
ZOMG!!

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: If I start a thread asking if Steve Dave has the
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »

Geyser!