Author Topic: Vodka  (Read 9719 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Vodka
« on: July 23, 2010, 04:00:14 PM »
Is "good" vodka worth it?  I'm kinda new to drinking it at a normal pace.  Favorite kinds?  I kind of like Level.  :dunno:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Vodka
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 04:01:46 PM »
Absolute is good enough. Unless you are drinking straight

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »
<----------Vodka Pro here.  Drank it for pretty much the last 9 years until a very recent switch to Hendricks Gin.

I drank Level for about a year, Level is made by the same people that make Absolute. It's their super premium or whatever.  Decent but still tastes like Absolute.

Grey Goose, I drank that after I drank Level.  Too many d-bags drink Grey Goose.  I was ahead of the curve then got grossed out by the  d-bags who'd be ordering it next to me.

The real vodka pros drink Ketel One.  You'll thank me later.  Costco sells it in half gallons.

And don't listen to the pending "they did a study and everyone picked Smirnoff" post.  

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »
How did I find out about Ketel One is what you're probably asking yourself.  Well, I went to this really really rich guy's house in Mission Hills.  He had like 4 half gallons of Ketel One sitting on the island in his kitchen.  boom.  roasted.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 04:07:34 PM »
<----------Vodka Pro here.  Drank it for pretty much the last 9 years until a very recent switch to Hendricks Gin.

I drank Level for about a year, Level is made by the same people that make Absolute. It's their super premium or whatever.  Decent but still tastes like Absolute.

Grey Goose, I drank that after I drank Level.  Too many d-bags drink Grey Goose.  I was ahead of the curve then got grossed out by the  d-bags who'd be ordering it next to me.

The real vodka pros drink Ketel One.  You'll thank me later.  Costco sells it in half gallons.

And don't listen to the pending "they did a study and everyone picked Smirnoff" post.  

Ya, have already lol'd at the smirnoff study stuff.  Saw that Sams has Ketal in a half gallon for $32 which seems ridic.  I actually know a guy in San Fran that works for the company that owns Ketel and he talked it up big time.  

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »
Ya Costco has it for about the same price, pretty redic. 

Your friend in San Fran has to smell great, lucky SOB.  Seriously though, Ketel is by far and away, the best.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 04:11:09 PM »
pro tip:  when you order one, just say "Ketel" - don't say "Ketel One" or the 'tender will know you're a Ketel n00b.  i usually get a ketel soda, no fruit.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »
now that I think about it, the one person i know that drinks only vodka is also a ketel one drinker.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 04:19:11 PM »
Ketel and Red Bull  :dunno:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »
I'm with 'clams on the Grey Goose. Love drinking it, but would hate to be classified with the other people that drink it.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 05:28:05 PM »
How about Joss, made in quaint la vista 'braska. http://www.jossvodka.com/

I think it's distilled 23 times!!!

I know, cause I've been on a tour  :gocho:
I'm purple down

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 06:25:30 PM »
For shots, bloody mary's, and general bullshit I'll drink the rail vodka. The swill...

For martinis Ketel is the only way I roll.  Keep a bottle in the freezer and every once in a while go get some kick ass olives w/ some extra olive juice/oil and get just absolutely shitfaced wake up on the floor bombed. 
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 09:35:14 PM »
Skyy . . . but not much of a Vodka guy.  Ketel is good as well. 

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 09:40:15 PM »
I drink Svedka.  :surprised:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »
somebody gave me a bottle of the p diddy/sean combs vodka. it was white with like a blue emblem or something. are you more worried about the taste or how cool the bottle was? cause that was a pretty nice looking bottle.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 09:58:21 PM »
Aaron and his sons, the priests, were strictly forbidden to drink either wine or strong drink when they went into the tabernacle to minister before the Lord (Leviticus 10:9). Nazarites were likewise forbidden to use wine while under the vow (Numbers 6:3,20; cf. Judges 13:4-7). The Rechabites lived a noteworthy example of permanent abstinence from wine, adhering strictly to the command of their ancestor, Jonadab, to refrain from it (Jeremiah 35:2,5,6,8,14). Proverbs is replete with warnings against indulgence in wine and strong drink (Proverbs 20:1; 21:17; 23:30,31; 31:4). Wine mocks those who use it (chapter 20:1), and rewards them with woe, sorrow, strife, and wounds without cause (chapter 23:29,30). "In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper." (verse 32) The prophet Isaiah declared, "Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks." (Isaiah. 5:22 NIV) Daniel and his compatriots set a worthy example by refusing to drink of the king's wine (Daniel 1:5,8,10-16). When fasting later in life, Daniel abstained from "flesh" and "wine" (chapter 10:3).

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 10:28:08 PM »
I drink Svedka.  :surprised:

I like this too.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 12:30:17 AM »
I went to a party at the Palms a few years ago that Ketel sponsored.  Ketel was free.  I made sure I got my $200 admission's worth.  For a while after, I felt abotu Ketel like the kid whose dad makes him smoke 20 packs of cigs to make him hate it.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 01:21:24 AM »
Bought a bottle of Ketel this week.  Ketel + gatorade (hangover special) and Ketel + limeade + splash of club soda has gone well so far.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 01:50:57 AM »
Bought a bottle of Ketel this week.  Ketel + gatorade (hangover special) and Ketel + limeade + splash of club soda has gone well so far.

Mixing Ketel with something like Gatorade is an insult to the vodka.  Ketel+rocks+lime(add a splash of water if you must)
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 03:43:58 AM »
Vodka sucks but of the ones I've drank the best by far is Chopin. Second is Stoli. Haven't had Ketel One. Grey Goose seems overrated, Svedka seems good for the price.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 09:05:51 AM »
I killed most of a bottle of Level and about 1/4 into a bottle of goose last night.  Feel like you would expect....AWSOME!  :excited:

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 10:44:28 AM »
Aaron and his sons, the priests, were strictly forbidden to drink either wine or strong drink when they went into the tabernacle to minister before the Lord (Leviticus 10:9). Nazarites were likewise forbidden to use wine while under the vow (Numbers 6:3,20; cf. Judges 13:4-7). The Rechabites lived a noteworthy example of permanent abstinence from wine, adhering strictly to the command of their ancestor, Jonadab, to refrain from it (Jeremiah 35:2,5,6,8,14). Proverbs is replete with warnings against indulgence in wine and strong drink (Proverbs 20:1; 21:17; 23:30,31; 31:4). Wine mocks those who use it (chapter 20:1), and rewards them with woe, sorrow, strife, and wounds without cause (chapter 23:29,30). "In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper." (verse 32) The prophet Isaiah declared, "Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine and champions at mixing drinks." (Isaiah. 5:22 NIV) Daniel and his compatriots set a worthy example by refusing to drink of the king's wine (Daniel 1:5,8,10-16). When fasting later in life, Daniel abstained from "flesh" and "wine" (chapter 10:3).

You forgot to log in as Tannouji.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »
My advice is to get a bottle of Ketel, drink it by yourself then refill it with Smirnoff, when the doods from goEMAW come over they'll say " guy really knows his vodka, this Ketel tastes great"  no one will know the diff :lol:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 02:14:28 PM »
Tito's :dunno: