Author Topic: Hello Politics Board people!  (Read 14858 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Politics Board people!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 09:01:42 AM »

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

The42Yardstick

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 09:28:44 AM »

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 10:28:52 AM »
This thread is a slaughterhouse of stupid, LOL

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 10:54:18 AM »
This thread is a slaughterhouse of stupid, LOL

Have you written your congressmen encouraging them to legislate against it?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 10:56:43 AM »
nah, my congressman is too busy fighting evil brown people and looking for Hussein Obama's real birth certificate to worry about real issues.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 11:18:37 AM »
So having a laser like focus on the "real issues" means no actual federal budget (until after the elections), no significant immigration reform (until after the elections), and proclamations that they don't have votes on cap n' trade (but won't admit that they probably do until after the elections). 

Check . . . got it.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »
But the left will just continue to excuse radical islam.  Right down to the day when a sword hits their neck, I'm sure.

1. This isn't about excusing radical Islam, it's about freedom of religion.
2. I hate radical Islam.
3. The community center in question (it's not a mosque but includes a small space for worship) is not being proposed by radical Islamists:

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the spiritual leader of Masjid Al-Farah mosque in lower Manhattan, has gained a reputation in New York for his interfaith work and his progressive practice of Islam. Together with his wife Daisy Khan, Imam Feisal envisioned devotees to Islam sharing space with other communities to enjoy arts, culture and dialogue.

It's disgusting that anyone would suggest these moderate Muslims have even the slightest thing to do with 9/11. We need MORE moderate Islamic centers like this, to help steer Muslims away from the radical variety.

When I first heard about the Islamic center, I thought it was a great piece of outreach and a symbol of healing. It's Muslims saying, we want to reach out and let you know that not all Muslims are like the terrorists. We know other Muslims did 9/11, and we want to help ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

But some conservatives are too steeped in hate and ignorance to see or accept this.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 12:16:27 PM »
So having a laser like focus on the "real issues" means no actual federal budget (until after the elections), no significant immigration reform (until after the elections), and proclamations that they don't have votes on cap n' trade (but won't admit that they probably do until after the elections). 

Check . . . got it.

Stop trying to change the topic of this particular thread.

Tell me one legit reason why they shouldn't build this center.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2010, 12:18:14 PM »
But the left will just continue to excuse radical islam.  Right down to the day when a sword hits their neck, I'm sure.

1. This isn't about excusing radical Islam, it's about freedom of religion.
2. I hate radical Islam.
3. The community center in question (it's not a mosque but includes a small space for worship) is not being proposed by radical Islamists:

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the spiritual leader of Masjid Al-Farah mosque in lower Manhattan, has gained a reputation in New York for his interfaith work and his progressive practice of Islam. Together with his wife Daisy Khan, Imam Feisal envisioned devotees to Islam sharing space with other communities to enjoy arts, culture and dialogue.

It's disgusting that anyone would suggest these moderate Muslims have even the slightest thing to do with 9/11. We need MORE moderate Islamic centers like this, to help steer Muslims away from the radical variety.

When I first heard about the Islamic center, I thought it was a great piece of outreach and a symbol of healing. It's Muslims saying, we want to reach out and let you know that not all Muslims are like the terrorists. We know other Muslims did 9/11, and we want to help ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

But some conservatives are too steeped in hate and ignorance to see or accept this.

But yet he doesn't see Hamas as a terrorist organization and there is serious question about where some of the money came from for construction of the mosque.  Sometimes 2 + 2 actually does equal 4.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »
hey, jeffy, why are you opposed to religious freedom?

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2010, 12:48:14 PM »
Dirty Sanchez and Brad Essex, the new face of fair and balanced.

The mosque will be built, it's just a shame and embarassment to see how far some in our country have strayed from the righteous path.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 01:06:04 PM »
But yet he doesn't see Hamas as a terrorist organization and there is serious question about where some of the money came from for construction of the mosque.  Sometimes 2 + 2 actually does equal 4.

This is the same weak-ass guilt by association and innuendo that the Right tried (and failed miserably) to take down Obama with.

Robert Wright has a terrific column that lays the smackdown on all of this: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/20/a-mosque-maligned/

I'm looking forward to the Ground Zero strip club.  :drool:

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 01:43:11 PM »

This is the same weak-ass guilt by association and innuendo that the Right tried (and failed miserably) to take down Obama with.

Robert Wright has a terrific column that lays the smackdown on all of this: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/20/a-mosque-maligned/

Just because the media didn't pay attention to Obama's associations, doesn't make them something that shouldn't be paid attention to.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 01:51:50 PM »
jeffy, answer my question!  tia

your goEMAW.com poster of the week,

OK_Cat

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 02:09:58 PM »
our founding fathers are rolling in their graves after reading this.

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 02:33:04 PM »

OK_Cat

Ever hear of common decency and respect?  Nope.  Didn't think so.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 02:44:38 PM »

Check . . . got it.

I coulldn't care less if they built it or not, thus my original post on it just being another dumbass topic to keep the useful idiots occupied.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 02:51:01 PM »

Check . . . got it.

I coulldn't care less if they built it or not, thus my original post on it just being another dumbass topic to keep the useful idiots occupied.

Your party is the group of people bitching

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »

OK_Cat

What does that have to do with anything?  They built a church a few blocks from the site of the OKC bombing, is that offensive since a Christian man was to blame for the bombing?

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 04:28:26 PM »

OK_Cat

What does that have to do with anything?  They built a church a few blocks from the site of the OKC bombing, is that offensive since a Christian man was to blame for the bombing?

Did he blow up Murrah in the name of Jesus?  Somehow I don't think so.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2010, 04:32:42 PM »
The terrorists are winning all over this thread.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2010, 05:37:35 PM »
The terrorists are winning all over this thread.

Obviously you're  :opcat: against good white Christians.

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2010, 06:02:01 PM »

Just because the media didn't pay attention to Obama's associations, doesn't make them something that shouldn't be paid attention to.

Actually the media was all over Obama's associations. However, they shouldn't have been, since the associations were meaningless.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2010, 06:29:07 PM »
 :lol:

These crazies think that a considerable portion of American Muslims supported the 9/11 attacks. 

:lol: :lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]