Author Topic: 7 and 5 . . .  (Read 11306 times)

Offline blackknight

• Fan
  • Hi I'm Earth, have we met?
    • View Profile
Re: 7 and 5 . . .
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 04:57:05 PM »
I talked about Jake for like . . . 2 games.   But lets revise history right . . . and completely forget that when I was talking about Jake, he was playing like $hit.  

Plus even the franking tards on KMAN right now are talking about how Clemente is hurting more than he's helping, even, amazingly enough recognizing that his defense blows.  

The point of this thread is . .  . we're $hitting all over our home court, and I thought under this current regime we'd be putting an end to that.   I guess not.

Let's see the last 12 CONFERENCE games, so let's review .  . . if you count last years conference home games, and this years conference home games to date . . . that equals . . . 12.  Yep, how completely f'ing random.   Fail Rain . . . Fail on every level.

heaven forbid our best player not show up for a game or two!!! it's not like beasley was EVER held to single digit scoring (xavier). These are college kids still learning to be consistent and adjust to being the go to guy. Sometimes good players have off games. Stick to arguing with your better half, in beamer, about corporate collegiate fiscal responsibility...or get banned from attending again, please.

catzacker

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 04:57:28 PM »
I talked about Jake for like . . . 2 games.   But lets revise history right . . . and completely forget that when I was talking about Jake, he was playing like $hit.  

Plus even the franking tards on KMAN right now are talking about how Clemente is hurting more than he's helping, even, amazingly enough recognizing that his defense blows.  

The point of this thread is . .  . we're $hitting all over our home court, and I thought under this current regime we'd be putting an end to that.   I guess not.
Let's see the last 12 CONFERENCE games, so let's review .  . . if you count last years conference home games, and this years conference home games to date . . . that equals . . . 12.  Yep, how completely f'ing random.   Fail Rain . . . Fail on every level.

what "end"? we really haven't ever not done this on a consistent basis.  it's like you're holding frank to a mythical standard.  you know the team that doesn't lose at home in conference?  KU.  That's pretty much it.  MU's on a nice little run right now, but we'll see how they get through KU and UT.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »

You purposefully avoided my point, well done Dax well done.  I'm guessing you just threw out the first year because he went 7-1, I'm guessing you are forgetting that the remaining home games are against Nortards and Frank will finish this season 6-2 because it doesn't fit your point.  I am well aware of the record the last 12, please explain to me why last seasons 5-3 is more important than the previous seasons 6-2.

Also waiting for the answer to my question as to how many coaches first 3 year home conference record will match Franks.

thanks and I'll listen off the air

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »
I'd like to see us wear more headbands. How were we against the spread at home with 3+ white headbands on the court?
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »
Maybe we could convince Merriewether to not only wear a headband, but to also shave "DOOM" into the top of his head. Would be great for overhead camera shoots:
 :doom:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2010, 05:03:38 PM »
Oh thanks Kougs, I am on the phone with the conference office asking if they can put an * next to last Saturday's loss . . . should I request that for any others??

Zacker . . . so being better than .583 at home over the course of 1.5 conference seasons is a "mythical standard"??

What's Missouri's home court winning streak again??  

What would the asterisk be for?

Games we lost at home the last 2 years that we shouldn't have:

1. OSU

:runaway:

Also: LOL at "1.5 conference seasons." WTF kind of interval is that, seriously?

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2010, 05:04:20 PM »
I'd like to see us wear more headbands. How were we against the spread at home with 3+ white headbands on the court?

Remember in Franks first year you would see at least 4-5 headbands on our team  :love:

Offline blackknight

• Fan
  • Hi I'm Earth, have we met?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »
Oh thanks Kougs, I am on the phone with the conference office asking if they can put an * next to last Saturday's loss . . . should I request that for any others??

Zacker . . . so being better than .583 at home over the course of 1.5 conference seasons is a "mythical standard"??

Do you mean after a season in which Mizzou went to the E8? Good point, I guess with a home win streak that was half as much as Mizzou's we should expect the Sweet 16?? Nope. Not Good Enough.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »
dax,

is there a point that you are trying to make? i certainly do not disagree w/ the fact that we are 7-5 over the last twelve home conference games fwiw.  :dunno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »
dax isn't even arguing anything, and he's reeling 'em in like crazy.  elite message boarding we're all witnessing here.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 05:07:18 PM »
dax,

is there a point that you are trying to make? i certainly do not disagree w/ the fact that we are 7-5 over the last twelve home conference games fwiw.  :dunno:

Through deductive reasoning I've discovered that his point is that the OSU loss was a bad one.

HTH!

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 05:07:44 PM »

Remember in Franks first year you would see at least 4-5 headbands on our team  :love:

it was amazing.  :cheers: Love seeing players max out all possible accessories (minus brady dorkystar tshirts).

Can you imagine Pullen with a white headband AND the sleeve? Prolly worth 3 pts and .5 steals/game just on intimidation.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »
Agree we need more headbands.

Really enjoying the excuses here . . . I never expected a so called "rebel board" to be so satisfied with the status quo . . . It's almost like outing closeted Woolites.

Sad . . .

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 05:11:38 PM »
dax isn't even arguing anything, and he's reeling 'em in like crazy.  elite message boarding we're all witnessing here.

why is it good to troll fellow emawrs?  :confused:

this is why we can't have nice things.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »

Really enjoying the excuses here . . . I never expected a so called "rebel board" to be so satisfied with the status quo . . . It's almost like outing closeted Woolites.

Sad . . .

I've been a fan of bad basketball before. I could be again.

:blindfold:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2010, 05:17:19 PM »

Sad . . .

Remind me again how a top 10 ranking--or, hell, even a winning conference home record--is "status quo" for K-State basketball...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »
Interesting that Dax is taking on the same topic as Keitzman because I've always kind of considered the Dax the Keitzman of message boarding. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 05:25:45 PM »

Sad . . .

Remind me again how a top 10 ranking--or, hell, even a winning conference home record--is "status quo" for K-State basketball...

Kougs . . . now imagine going .800 at home in conference play instead of .560. 

catzacker

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »

Frank's .700 at home in conference in his tenure.  That's decent.  If he wins the remaining 4 home games he'll be 77% at home in 3 years, again, pretty good.  

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 05:29:16 PM »

Frank's .700 at home in conference in his tenure.  That's decent.  If he wins the remaining 4 home games he'll be 77% at home in 3 years, again, pretty good. 

He's actually .750.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 05:30:25 PM »
Agree Zacker . . . IF that happens please feel free to point it out.

But, we'll have to toss out Frank's first year, because honestly, we should have been 8 and 0 at home with Bill Walker and Beasley . . . but I won't push that too hard, because some of you will stroke out at the simple thought of such demands being placed on KSU B-ball.  

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »
The Octagon of Doom is obviously the best homecourt advantage in the country.

:jerk:

Get Better.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 05:39:58 PM »
Interesting that Dax is taking on the same topic as Keitzman because I've always kind of considered the Dax the Keitzman of message boarding. 

Several categories there...

Highest ratings

Most hated by KU fans

Most hated by PowerTards

Recipient of blowjobs from intern(s)

Nerdy baseball fan

Friends with Powercat Tony

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2010, 05:45:30 PM »
dax just needs to get over using ku as the measuring stick for everything.

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2010, 05:46:12 PM »
Kougs I know it's hard for you . . . but 2 of those 5 losses have come  . . . this year.

mike evans was such a senior leader that his senior year ('77-78) he allowed 2 home court losses in....Ahearn.  Remember how tough it was to play in Ahearn?  How could such a player let that happen.  And a legendary coach like Hartman?  JFC. 

Hey, bro, we met Hartman's granddaughter the other day. I'll let others fill you in on how that went...