Author Topic: hostels (general and specific)  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: hostels (general and specific)
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 03:28:19 PM »
there's a hostel near the beach in santa monica.  always packed with smelly euros/asians.  gross.

i wouldn't be hanging out there. just sleeping. it's also in the gaslamp district of san diego. not smelly santa monica. talk about gross...

good luck sleeping with mr.chung's big toe nestled in your right nostral, and using his unwashed socks as a pillow.  meanwhile boris from the ukraine, who just got off a cargo ship that routed through the artic circle, is massaging his loins while staring at you and mr. chung

good luck, gas lamp face.

that would be a pretty incredible story to have. clams is doing a pretty good job of selling this thing.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »
there's a hostel near the beach in santa monica.  always packed with smelly euros/asians.  gross.

i wouldn't be hanging out there. just sleeping. it's also in the gaslamp district of san diego. not smelly santa monica. talk about gross...

good luck sleeping with mr.chung's big toe nestled in your right nostral, and using his unwashed socks as a pillow.  meanwhile boris from the ukraine, who just got off a cargo ship that routed through the artic circle, is massaging his loins while staring at you and mr. chung

:lol:

Offline gokatgo

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »
Do you snore?

Seems like that could lead to violence  :chainsaw:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
A couple things to look at:

-does the hostel have a private room or are there only public ones?
-is a private bathroom important to you?
-the bigger the room if it's public the more weird crap that will go on at night
-is there a curfew/time that they lock the door

I've stayed at several hostels abroad which have all been pretty nice and for the most part if you don't want to talk to other people they will leave you alone.  A private room is worth the extra few bucks it will cost. Also a lot of them will have a bar inside with relatively cheap drinks. The main clientele will be younger european/asian travelers with a few americans mixed in. I stayed at a hostel in Chicago that wasn't very nice, but I had a private room and nothing weird happened.

Not sure if these stories will help or hurt the cause to stay at a hostel........
Once at a hostel in Berlin a guy had a seizure in the middle of the night, a few people woke up, but no one did anything, the guy stopped having the seizure and turned over and went back to sleep.  :dunno:

At another hostel in Barcelona a person sleeping in the same room as me brought back a chick, screwed her in the bathroom. So when I woke up and took my morning piss there was a condom floating in the toilet.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 08:51:07 PM by raquetcat »
I'm purple down

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 08:54:35 PM »
Definitely go with the hostel.  Will make for a fantastic recap blog entry and you can recruit some San Diego goEMAW'rs.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 08:55:24 PM »
A couple things to look at:

-does the hostel have a private room or are there only public ones?
-is a private bathroom important to you?
-the bigger the room if it's public the more weird cac that will go on at night
-is there a curfew/time that they lock the door

I've stayed at several hostels abroad which have all been pretty nice and for the most part if you don't want to talk to other people they will leave you alone.  A private room is worth the extra few bucks it will cost. Also a lot of them will have a bar inside with relatively cheap drinks. The main clientele will be younger european/asian travelers with a few americans mixed in.

Not sure if these stories will help or hurt the cause to stay at a hostel........
Once at a hostel in Berlin a guy had a seizure in the middle of the night, a few people woke up, but no one did anything, the guy stopped having the seizure and turned over and went back to sleep.  :dunno:

At another hostel in Barcelona a person sleeping in the same room as me brought back a chick, screwed her in the bathroom. So when I woke up and took my morning piss there was a condom floating in the toilet.

things i like by rick daris,

1)doing things that will give me good stories to tell.
2)?

there are private rooms at this place and i think i actually have one person talked into going with me. one of the private rooms has a bunk bed and neither of us care about anything super nice and actually like the idea of the weirdness of the hostel so i think we are in if we actually end up going. thanks for the advice/thoughts.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 10:42:28 PM »
Definitely go with the hostel.  Will make for a fantastic recap blog entry and you can recruit some San Diego goEMAW'rs.

here's the precap-

there's a hostel near the beach in santa monica.  always packed with smelly euros/asians.  gross.

good luck sleeping with mr.chung's big toe nestled in your right nostral, and using his unwashed socks as a pillow.  meanwhile boris from the ukraine, who just got off a cargo ship that routed through the artic circle, is massaging his loins while staring at you and mr. chung

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 10:51:20 PM »
Definitely go with the hostel.  Will make for a fantastic recap blog entry and you can recruit some San Diego goEMAW'rs.

here's the precap-

dunno. these two seem very happy in their two bed private room san diego hostel room. no mr. chung in site.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 10:59:50 PM »
Definitely go with the hostel.  Will make for a fantastic recap blog entry and you can recruit some San Diego goEMAW'rs.

here's the precap-

there's a hostel near the beach in santa monica.  always packed with smelly euros/asians.  gross.

good luck sleeping with mr.chung's big toe nestled in your right nostral, and using his unwashed socks as a pillow.  meanwhile boris from the ukraine, who just got off a cargo ship that routed through the artic circle, is massaging his loins while staring at you and mr. chung

dunno. these two seem very happy in their two bed private room san diego hostel room. no mr. chung in site.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »
San Diego is kind of ruined for me because I know a couple who moved there and immediately adopted the Southern California behavior of constantly talking about how rough ridin' wonderful everything is there.  Maybe you could go somewhere else.  How about Pueblo?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »
San Diego is kind of ruined for me because I know a couple who moved there and immediately adopted the Southern California behavior of constantly talking about how effing wonderful everything is there.  Maybe you could go somewhere else.  How about Pueblo?

if talking pueblo colorado then i've been there forty times and have no desire to go back. also don't have the opportunity to go back though so who knows...

been to san diego once before, but didn't get to hang out much there given circumstances. kind of want to go back there given the fact that i have the opportunity combined w/ the fact that i would like to "vacation" for a few days and super like going to places. also really like "mexican tacos".

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 11:03:36 AM »
jfc, i'm glad that i saw this thread.

rick daris, don't go to a hostel.  i repeat, DON'T go to a hostel.  i saw a true story about a hostel once.  they locked you up in cages and fancy businessmen paid good money to torture and kill you.

seems like a bad thing to get involved with.  goEMAW.com would probably miss you for a while, too.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »

rick daris, don't go to a hostel.  i repeat, DON'T go to a hostel.  i saw a true story about a hostel once.  they locked you up in cages and fancy businessmen paid good money to torture and kill you.

seems like a bad thing to get involved with.  goEMAW.com would probably miss you for a while, too.
Yeah but if he could escape that, think of the story he could bring back.  I say take the chance and go.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »

Yeah but if he could escape that, think of the story he could bring back.  I say take the chance and go.
Risk vs reward here is outstanding. Do it.

Offline cracka

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2011, 11:08:25 AM »
Don't be too quick to dismiss the hostels.  I ended up in a room with 4 swedish chicks and a cool guy from Ireland.  Went out boozing with the Irish guy and woke up the next morning to the swedish girls dressing in the middle of the room. 

Please PM for this hostel location.  Don't want that pervert Fitz showing up to molest innocent swedish chickies.