Author Topic: mint.com  (Read 6551 times)

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: mint.com
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 04:59:10 PM »
I use it to track checking accounts and CC accounts, but it doesn't work as well for mutual funds and other investment accounts
I'm purple down

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
I know I could be a little more efficient if I did this kind of stuff, but I figure that I'm willing to a pay the equivalent of a "convenience tax" to not have to bother with it.  :dunno:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 06:20:15 PM »
I know I could be a little more efficient if I did this kind of stuff, but I figure that I'm willing to a pay the equivalent of a "convenience tax" to not have to bother with it.  :dunno:

that's kinda where I'm at.  but, if someone travels a lot without signing up for their frequent flyer miles I will cut their throat.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24:13 PM »

that's kinda where I'm at.  but, if someone travels a lot without signing up for their frequent flyer miles I will cut their throat.

Ha. My wife has been to Algeria and Syria on separate trips this year. I signed us up for frequent flyer miles just because of that thread. I felt so embarrassed that I hadn't done it before.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »

Ha. My wife has been to Algeria and Syria on separate trips this year. I signed us up for frequent flyer miles just because of that thread. I felt so embarrassed that I hadn't done it before.

there are tons of dumbasses like that.  I work with a guy that spends 4 nights and flys two domestics a week that is disinterested in miles/points but then acts like he's too poor to take nice vacations.  I want to punch him in the face.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 06:32:33 PM »

there are tons of dumbasses like that.  I work with a guy that spends 4 nights and flys two domestics a week that is disinterested in miles/points but then acts like he's too poor to take nice vacations.  I want to punch him in the face.

This is kind of how I felt about myself when I actually thought about it. Not gonna lie. Miles were part of the reason I encouraged/bullied my wife into taking the Algiers assignment. I mean, we need to make up for lost time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
great job felixrex, you are one of the good guys

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »

If you knew the places I'd traveled in the past five years without applying, you'd slice my neck with a razor-sharp credit card.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 06:41:50 PM »

If you knew the places I'd traveled in the past five years without applying, you'd slice my neck with a razor-sharp credit card.

meh, honestly, most of my miles have come from ridiculous credit card signups and I travel a bit for work. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 06:54:44 PM »
I use it, but not very much.

A couple of my accounts don't update like they should, and one was next to impossible to get set up.

If I could pay bills/transfer money through it, it would be a lot more useful.

Yeah, its usefulness is totally dependent on their ability to pull info from your accounts; luckily, it handled mine just fine.

I'm all set with my bill paying needs; what I was looking for was a quick way to break down spending and where the money is going. Pretty handy for that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »
Yes.

Offline prome05

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 10:07:42 PM »
Mine's the opposite.  I should probably pay attention to what I spend more often.  

I can't recall a single purchase in my past that has hurt my quality of life.

Frugal people are too worried about everything. Just spend your damn money and make more money tomorrow.

EDIT: Or just bet the Indiana Hoosiers +4 over Illinois tonight.  :crossfingers:

You son of a gun!

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 08:27:51 AM »
Mine's the opposite.  I should probably pay attention to what I spend more often.   

Frugal people are too worried about everything. Just spend your damn money and make more money tomorrow.

EDIT: Or just bet the Indiana Hoosiers +4 over Illinois tonight.  :crossfingers:

You son of a gun!

Christ Jesus what a bunch of dorks:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 08:34:32 AM »
Mine's the opposite.  I should probably pay attention to what I spend more often.   

You son of a gun!

:facepalm: INDiots.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 08:40:10 AM »

You son of a gun!

lol @ the tard trying to get a high 5 from Crean.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 10:10:02 AM »
They were excited to get the outright win on the money line +165.

Besides, that was awesome. Good for them.