Author Topic: Any thoughts on JournoList?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Any thoughts on JournoList?
« on: July 20, 2010, 11:32:54 AM »
   Spencer Ackerman of the Washington Independent:

" I do not endorse a Popular Front, nor do I think you need to. It’s not necessary to jump to Wright-qua-Wright’s defense. What is necessary is to raise the cost on the right of going after the left. In other words, find a rightwinger’s [sic] and smash it through a plate-glass window. Take a snapshot of the bleeding mess and send it out in a Christmas card to let the right know that it needs to live in a state of constant fear. Obviously I mean this rhetorically.

And I think this threads the needle. If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us. Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists. Ask: why do they have such a deep-seated problem with a black politician who unites the country? What lurks behind those problems? This makes *them* sputter with rage, which in turn leads to overreaction and self-destruction."

And a whole lot more!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on JournoList?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:50:08 PM »
I'm sure it's nothing.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
Every one of those people should have their credentials pulled.  The media is protected by the 1st Amendment so that this kind of stuff doesn't happen, not to ensure that it does.  Pathetic

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 11:29:57 AM »
First hand perspective.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2010/07/my-life-on-j-list.html

Even if he didn't write anything damning to himself, he watched them deliberately collaborate to deceive people. Said nothing. Anyone associated with this just lost a considerable amount of credibility and he knows it thus the need to salvage.

And the 'taking it out of context' excuse only works if he then elaborates or provides evidence that it was indeed out of context. Some of these statements stand alone without a possible need for more information such as the one I posted in my first post.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 12:13:43 PM »

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 12:47:59 AM »
So one guy out of hundreds on the list suggested unfairly calling someone a racist. Did he actually follow through? You tell me.

Meanwhile, Andrew Breitbart actually did unfairly call someone a racist, and most on the right fell all over themselves to join the chorus. Even now, after Breitbart has been thoroughly discredited for all time and the mainstream media won't touch any of his future claims without a 30-foot factchecking stick, some on the right are still calling Sherrod a racist.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 06:16:29 AM »
So one guy out of hundreds on the list suggested unfairly calling someone a racist. Did he actually follow through? You tell me.

Meanwhile, Andrew Breitbart actually did unfairly call someone a racist, and most on the right fell all over themselves to join the chorus. Even now, after Breitbart has been thoroughly discredited for all time and the mainstream media won't touch any of his future claims without a 30-foot factchecking stick, some on the right are still calling Sherrod a racist.

Waaaaaa....someone on the left was taken out of context and called a racist.   Never has that happened to someone on the right.