Author Topic: Holy Chit...WTW is this you?  (Read 2103 times)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Holy Chit...WTW is this you?
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:20:41 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Chit...WTW is this you?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:26:16 AM »
that site has been up since the day after he was hired  :jerk:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 10:30:55 AM »
behind the times i guess
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 10:33:04 AM »
That site was just on the verge of credibility until you got to the page that had JIM HARBUAGH splashed all over it.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »
Nah.  Even though Beamers tried to get me banned on every sports website in America for my thoughts on Gill; I actually have not said I want him gone.   I just hate the people that are trying to blow sunshine over some serious red flags regarding our new coach.  Three things are red flags to me.

1) His resume.  It was all a stretch.  The hire was a gamble from the beginning.  We could have made this identical type hire after Terry Allen.  Its like Mangino and the success he had never happened.  IMO we could have taken a more proven coach.  Will the Turner Gill gamble pay off?  Who knows.  I know I am tired of visiting websites dominated by sunshine pumping fans telling me what an incredible track record Turner Gill had and how much his "turnaround" at Buffalo was some type of magic.  Any season you lose to Kent State, Central Michigan, and Western Michigan can not be considered "magical."

2) His evangelical views on religion.  Yep, it bothers me.  It bothers me that we had to do a "pledge" at the spring game.  Not just the players.  The fans.  That's ridiculous.  I also think the "no cursing" by any coaches/players is stupid.  No names on the back of jersey, "play for the name on the front not the back" is tired, cliche and stupid.  I am glad the man believes, but I don't need to be preached to on Saturday.  I can do that on Sunday if I chose.  

3) His recruiting.  This is the one that has sent me over the edge.  We are signing mediocre talent with very few BCS offers.  Not one of the 11 players we have committed have another Big 12 offer.  Its crazy.   When he was hired, he said over and over and over that he was going to Recruit, Recruit, Recruit.  He supposedly hired some of the best recruiters in the game.  Yet we battle Georgia Southern and Louisiana Lafayette for players.  Look I don't expect him to be landing top 100 players right away, but I'd like to see a guy that had some interest from Mizzou, OSU, TTech or KSU.  That tells me we are at least recruiting to our level in the Big 12.

I am willing to give Turner Gill a shot.  I hope he proves me wrong.  I am very skeptical, but he has a chance to win me over.  My ass will be in Memorial every game like always.  Time will tell.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:57:55 AM by WavetheWheat »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 11:00:10 AM »

3) His recruiting.  This is the one that has sent me over the edge.  We are signing mediocre talent with very few BCS offers.  Not one of the 11 players we have committed have another Big 12 offer.  Its crazy.   When he was hired, he said over and over and over that he was going to Recruit, Recruit, Recruit.  He supposedly hired some of the best recruiters in the game.  Yet we battle Georgia Southern and Louisiana Lafayette for players.  Look I don't expect him to be landing top 100 players right away, but I'd like to see a guy that had some interest from Mizzou, OSU, TTech or KSU.  That tells me we are at least recruiting to our level in the Big 12.

Maybe KU and K-State could get on the same page and offer the same guys.  :dunno: (The only real winner here is Tulsa).

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 11:09:32 AM »
Nah.  Even though Beamers tried to get me banned on every sports website in America for my thoughts on Gill; I actually have not said I want him gone.   I just hate the people that are trying to blow sunshine over some serious red flags regarding our new coach.  Three things are red flags to me.

1) His resume.  It was all a stretch.  The hire was a gamble from the beginning.  We could have made this identical type hire after Terry Allen.  Its like Mangino and the success he had never happened.  IMO we could have taken a more proven coach.  Will the Turner Gill gamble pay off?  Who knows.  I know I am tired of visiting websites dominated by sunshine pumping fans telling me what an incredible track record Turner Gill had and how much his "turnaround" at Buffalo was some type of magic.  Any season you lose to Kent State, Central Michigan, and Western Michigan can not be considered "magical."

2) His evangelical views on religion.  Yep, it bothers me.  It bothers me that we had to do a "pledge" at the spring game.  Not just the players.  The fans.  That's ridiculous.  I also think the "no cursing" by any coaches/players is stupid.  No names on the back of jersey, "play for the name on the front not the back" is tired, cliche and stupid.  I am glad the man believes, but I don't need to be preached to on Saturday.  I can do that on Sunday if I chose.  

I am willing to give Turner Gill a shot.  I hope he proves me wrong.  I am very skeptical, but he has a chance to win me over.  My ass will be in Memorial every game like always.  Time will tell.

You sound a lot like the guys that told me my Screw KU hat was not classy.  You were there for some bad times man.  That's commendable, I guess.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 12:41:39 PM »

1) His resume.  It was all a stretch.  The hire was a gamble from the beginning.  We could have made this identical type hire after Terry Allen.  Its like Mangino and the success he had never happened.  IMO we could have taken a more proven coach.  Will the Turner Gill gamble pay off?  Who knows.

Whoa, I wrote this exact same paragraph about Prince being hired after Snyder.  That won't make you feel any better.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:54:53 PM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline bradleigh

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 10:37:54 PM »

Favorite KU fan ever.
2/8/11 - Never Forget