Author Topic: Cherry  (Read 4577 times)

Offline LHarKSUCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Cherry
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 09:44:54 AM »
I thought he was decent, once he pulled his head out of his ass after our first 4 games.   :dunno:

I'll never forget the season we had Kicker by committee, with Travis Brown, Jared Brite, et al banging PAT's off the f*cking uprights.  I think we finally pulled Joe Rheem's redshirt to remedy the situation.

I think Cherry will be fine this season

Yeah I guess you're right, I'm just still pretty bitter about him losing the Lafayette game for us and the botched kicks against Nubb. Kinda seems like a douche judging by the few times I've been around him, too. Also, that 2002 season with our kicker fiasco still bothers me a lot. Jared Brite basically cost us the game against Texas at home that year and we were easily one of the best teams in the nation (as our run to end the season showed).

I thought 2001 was the year we had the huge kicker fiasco.  Yeah, I know we had a blocked kick in that 2002 Texas game that would have tied the game, but it was not a persistent problem like it was in 2001.  Everything from bad snaps, bad holds, blocked kicks, and kicks bouncing off the uprTights happened to us.  It was something new every fracking week.

I also thought it was 2001, but maybe it leaked over in 2002.  I think Joe Rheem became the full time kicker after Brite put two in our long snapper's ass against UT.

Yeah it started in '01 but it carried over some into '02. That year bothered me more since we only lost two games the whole year by a combined 7 points and outscored our opponents 253-30 during our last five regular season games.  :cry:

IIRC, the 2001 game at OU, we had the ball around midfield with just enough time to try a quick out and set up a long game winning field goal, but Snydes had so little faith in our kicking game we ended up trying a lame Hail Mary instead.    :bang:   :curse:

You are correct; however it would have been like a 65 yrd field goal from where they actually were; that quick out would have had to pick up atleast 20 yards before even a good kicker would of had any kind of chance. 

Even 'matica?

Obviously there are exceptions to every rule...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 12:01:15 PM »
We don't have a kicking problem until landscaping job issues arise.

But the most-concerning errors were committed by kicker Dylan Pohlman, who missed four consecutive extra points. Coach Ken Matous said that Pohlman was tired from working his landscaping job all week.

http://www.kansas.com/2010/07/02/1388610/wild-keeps-moving-on-to-conference.html#ixzz0sdiOTHf1

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »
:surprised:
They brought back the shitty kicker who's family wanted to fight me. :lol:

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 08:20:54 PM »
So, are we supposed to have forgiven him yet for being one of the worst D-1 kickers in the nation last year? Anybody have any reports of him becoming a respectable kicker this offseason?

:dunno:

:surprised:

Seems to be an appropriate time for the dude to sneeze.