Author Topic: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)  (Read 237121 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2010, 01:24:38 PM »
I saw a ground hog by my house last fall!  :surprised:

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2010, 01:47:45 PM »
My rhodesian ridgeback, Tau, just caught his first bird. I was kinda proud.

Offline Signcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
My dog, Josie, ate 8 pairs of my wife's thong underwear.  Not just chewed up, but actually swallowed whole, and then threw them back up.  :barf:

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2010, 02:03:02 PM »
My parents wiener dog, Noodles, once ate almost an entire large pan pizza from pizza hut in like 5 minutes.  They found her in the pizza box, looking half dead and 9 months pregnant.  She did not throw up, but did have some serious squirts for awhile.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2010, 02:16:57 PM »
We used to have an enormous Harlequin Great Dane when I was a kid  (NAME: Harley). He would do "biscuit tricks". Which basically just consisted of us lobbing biscuits at the ceiling and him jumping and eating them whole and grazing the ceiling with his nose.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2010, 02:21:43 PM »
My step mom has a boston terrier.  It ate an entire new bag of Worther's original(yep, they are old), bag and wrappers included.  It crapped out gold foil and plastic for two days.  Vet made my step mom account for how many were crapped out so they could determine when it was all out of the dog's system.

:frank:  What is this animal's name?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2010, 02:30:43 PM »
had a fish in college that the college gf gave me, that SOB lived for ever.  it was a beta.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2010, 02:40:10 PM »
Was walking in New York with this girl named Daryl. Hilarious right? Anyways a pigeon (I didn't even know they could fly above 5 feet legally) totally shat right on her forehead and a little on the top. We were just strolling along and she lets out this blood curling scream. Everyone on the block looks over - I jump. Anyways, she starts going at her hair trying to swipe it away for about 15 seconds then totally looks up in the sky to see if the pigeon was still there.

I was like :surprised:  :lol:  "what do you think he's just floating there like a helicopter looking down on you right now, just totally staring at you to make sure you got the message? :lol:"  

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2010, 02:53:22 PM »
My dog, Josie, ate 8 pairs of my wife's thong underwear.  Not just chewed up, but actually swallowed whole, and then threw them back up.  :barf:
The dog that ate my wifes sisters thongs had to have it cut out by the vet because it got bound up in it's bowles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »
My step mom has a boston terrier.  It ate an entire new bag of Worther's original(yep, they are old), bag and wrappers included.  It crapped out gold foil and plastic for two days.  Vet made my step mom account for how many were crapped out so they could determine when it was all out of the dog's system.

:frank:  What is this animal's name?

Fergie.

Why?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »
had a fish in college that the college gf gave me, that SOB lived for ever.  it was a beta.

Clams....c'mon jerk

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2010, 03:47:12 PM »
I was 6 when I watched my weiner dog, Buddy, get killed by my neighbors big piece of crap dog. Buddy got his revenge from heaven a few weeks later when the big piece of crap dog jumped the fence while still on a chain and hung itself.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2010, 03:52:54 PM »
I once caught a timber rattlesnake, he had no name.  I brought him home in a pillowcase and showed it to the family.  Afterwards, I released him on a large sandstone boulder about 2 miles from my home.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2010, 04:01:37 PM »
I once accidentally locked my cat in the hall closet all night and Chicat and JHGD rescued it. 

I laugh at this story every time.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2010, 04:02:15 PM »
I was golfing once in college at the Stagg Hill Golf Course.  Drove the ball off the #4 tee box, grabbed my bag and headed down the fairway, walking of course.  As I was approaching the green and heading up that slight incline I came across what at first appeared to be a stick.  As I got closer I realized that I wasn't looking at a stick, in fact it was a snake- a poisoness one!  It was a copperhead.  I walked up close to the copperhead, who shall remain nameless, and took a closer look.  His jaw was mangled and it appeared as though someone the group in front of us hit it over the head with one of their clubs.  That copperhead had eaten its last meal as it appeared his jaws would no longer function correctly.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2010, 05:07:02 PM »
note for Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) posters.  killing an animal, no matter how stupid the reason you have to do so, isn't an amazing story.

QFT.  weirdos. 

Well just how many head shots from a .22 could a human withstand?  Hint: it's less than a racoon, hence amazing.

Anyway, my parents had this big fat black cat originally named "Alvin", who apparently went through some sort of feline legal name change to "Bud Man".  Bud looked like a slow, fat turd but when it came to chasing down birds this dude could run and jump higher than any cat you've seen.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2010, 05:29:39 PM »
Was playing golf with some guys from the firm at this country club in the Shenandoah foothills. While one guy's lining up an approach shot off the fairway, this fox trotted out of the woods and headed straight for him and his buddy's cart. They start freaking out as it gets closer and shows no signs of slowing down, so we yell for them to whack it with a club. The dude's panic and yell back "What club?" As if it matters what club!  :lol:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2010, 05:31:31 PM »
Had a Cocker spanial, who must have been mildely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).  He was run over 3 times but did not die (the 4th time did him in)  These were all seperate occations.  One time he was run over buy a cattle trailer on a very sandy road and then walked home, which was about 3 miles away.  He laid in our garage for 3 days, then got up and seemed fine. 
He also one time was so excited to see us when we got home he ran head first into the basketball goal post, and knocked himself out.  This same dog had a chunk of his nose taken out when he stuck his head into a badger hole.  He also got his tounge stuck to a barbed wire fence while trying to lick ice sickles, 3 times.  When he was run over the final time he was about 17 years old.

good story, jthutch.  you're doing it the right way.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pittcat

• Resident Purveyor of Above Avererage Staplers.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2010, 05:36:40 PM »
Anybody ever had a cat that walked too close to a lit candle and caught its tail on fire?  Me neither.

Cats are dum :rolleyes:
3021  RIP

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2010, 05:39:41 PM »
When I was like 10, my dad and I went deer hunting up at the Smokey Hills weapons range up by Salina.  He shot a nice sized muley and prepared to gut it.  He soon realized that we had managed to leave his knife at home, so he gutted it with a steak night he found packed in with our lunches.  Too him forever because it was not an especially sharp steak knife.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2010, 05:55:48 PM »
My Mom told me that our cat chased off a wild turkey yesterday and today.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2010, 05:56:29 PM »
My Mom told me that our cat chased off a wild turkey yesterday and today.

:surprised:

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »
My childhood animal stories could fill up a whole book, and I mostly have my Mom to thank for that.

A little background info: My mother has a master's and works as a child psychologist, but she also has a degree from K-State in wildlife biology, which she never used, and her first love is animals.

It helps to know this to understand why my mom decided to volunteer "part- time" as a wildlife-rehabilitator when I was growing up, resulting in a pretty much constant influx of random animal species in our house. These would range from the pretty healthy and normal ones to the badly injured/sick or permanently scarred and messed up in the head ones.  :bang:

I remember we once had ferrets in our basement that smelled god-awful and would entertain me and my friends by their amazing ability to poop a perfectly round little nugget literally every 20 seconds all day long. We also had like 6 baby squirrels one time and we built them a sweet cage with sticks and ropes and they used to run around it like crazy  :runaway: playing adorable baby squirrel games until they'd all pass out, :zzz: then they'd wake up and start again. :runaway: :runaway:

We also had quite a few not so normal animals. We had two hamsters that we ended up keeping as pets that my mom had identified as both girls. Until one morning a couple years later when we came downstairs and there were 17 or 18 newborn hamsters squirming around. My Mom, shocked and bamboozled, searched both hamsters thoroughly but never could find any trace of a penis, as could anyone else, including a family friend and local veterinarian, who remarked after searching long and hard, "It. just. isn't. there.  :surprised:

Just as unbelievable was the amount of babies that were born, which the veterinarian informed us was, by all acounts, the most him or Bob (his vet friend) "had ever seen, as far as they could recollect."  :surprised:

Yes, something was surely amiss here. The pieces of the puzzle just did not fit. We had no answers, and, of course, no penis .

But if only we knew what TRULY MIND-BLOWING HAMSTER EVENTS were to take place in the very near future, we probably would have been confused, and super grossed-out............ IT WAS THAT CRAZY.

But we didn't know. We couldn't of known. :embarrassed: :eek: :runaway:

To be continued...  :popcorn:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »