Author Topic: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)  (Read 237102 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)
« Reply #700 on: July 05, 2012, 07:27:41 PM »

Not for doggies!

:lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 10, 2012, 10:02:49 AM »
A Florida teenager has lost his right arm below the elbow to an attacking alligator.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesman Jorge Pino told Fort Myers television station WBBH the teen's arm was still inside the 11-foot alligator when it was hunted down and killed Monday evening.

The television station reports 17-year-old Kaleb Langdale was rushed to a Fort Myers hospital but the arm couldn't be reattached.

Langdale was swimming in the Caloosahatchee River near Moore Haven when the attack occurred. A friend told ClickOrlando.com that he’s been around alligators his entire life and offered the gator his arm to avoid more serious injuries.

"He's smart enough to know that if he offers him (alligator) his arm, he’s not going to take his torso," Matt Baker, the friend said.

Rebecca Langdale, the teen's sister, said her brother took the gator by the chin "like he saw on TV a million times." He turned to swim and the alligator grabbed his arm.

"He knew once it grabbed his arm, he was going to lose it," she told The News-Press.com. "So he put both feet on the alligator’s head and pushed and pretty much took his own arm off before the alligator could."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
I held a 3yr old alligator on a swamp tour last week.   :surprised:

Still have both arms.  :surprised:

True story.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 10, 2012, 10:57:24 AM »

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 10, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »

Those pandas are naturals at sliding. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 10, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »

Estimates on getting a license to own a pet panda?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 10, 2012, 07:36:34 PM »

Estimates on getting a license to own a pet panda?

$0

i don't even have a license and i have a shitload of pandas everywhere

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 11, 2012, 10:22:43 AM »
cute raccoons stealing pizza!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 11, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »
fake Clams loves sodium

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 11, 2012, 11:04:50 AM »
wild racoons attack
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2012/07/11/dnt-wa-woman-attacked-by-racoons.komo

"if it was anyone less athletic" LOL, NOT ATHLETIC, JUST GOT TAKEN OUT BY RACCOONS.

i legitimately think i could beat the crap out of 5 raccoons. if i had my dog as a side kick: 10 raccoons.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 11, 2012, 11:09:45 AM »
wild racoons attack
http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/us/2012/07/11/dnt-wa-woman-attacked-by-racoons.komo

"if it was anyone less athletic" LOL, NOT ATHLETIC, JUST GOT TAKEN OUT BY RACCOONS.

i legitimately think i could beat the crap out of 5 raccoons. if i had my dog as a side kick: 10 raccoons.

This is a rare occurrence. I've been toe to toe with a gang of raccoons several times and they always back down without a fight. Basically raccoons talk a big game but they don't back it up.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 11, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »
wild racoons attack

Lets examine this "beat the crap out of 5 racoons by myself" situation.

At first I thought no way, then I remembered that Asava is an amazing soccer player who pretty much could of played in the world cup but wanted to go to KSU instead. I feel like you could send at least 2 raccoons to the moon with soccer kicks before the other 3 got to you. Then its just 1v3 and thats pretty easy

HOWEVER, if you were given some sort of stick, lets say....a softball bat...i think it might actualy hurt you. Instead of focusing on booting the first 2 coons into the upper atmosphere you would instead be trying to connect with pinpoint swings that would only send the coons dribbling 5 feet away from you. Eventually one would get you by the jugular and your done for.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 11, 2012, 11:44:26 AM »
wild racoons attack

At first I thought no way, then I remembered that Asava is an amazing soccer player who pretty much could of played in the world cup but wanted to go to KSU instead. I feel like you could send at least 2 raccoons to the moon with soccer kicks before the other 3 got to you. Then its just 1v3 and thats pretty easy

HOWEVER, if you were given some sort of stick, lets say....a softball bat...i think it might actualy hurt you. Instead of focusing on booting the first 2 coons into the upper atmosphere you would instead be trying to connect with pinpoint swings that would only send the coons dribbling 5 feet away from you. Eventually one would get you by the jugular and your done for.

Even if you win the battle, you might lose the war.  Might get the rabies and not know it until it's too late.  Coons 1 Asava 0
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 11, 2012, 11:53:20 AM »
wild racoons attack

as the only one here who has won a title in softball (evidenced by the old guys whining about being sore after softball in the beer league thread), i can safely say that base hits win you games. and thus, will win me the war against raccoons.

Even if you win the battle, you might lose the war.  Might get the rabies and not know it until it's too late.  Coons 1 Asava 0

had not considered rabies. does that make them stronger? give them special powers?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 11, 2012, 12:15:07 PM »
holy crap, just saw this post by mr. bread.  brought up the same basic principle in my 1 on 5 rodent fight scenario.  we should be best friends mr. bread.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 11, 2012, 04:04:59 PM »
fake Clams loves sodium

I'm not even sure that was fake Clams!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 11, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
holy crap, just saw this post by mr. bread.  brought up the same basic principle in my 1 on 5 rodent fight scenario.  we should be best friends mr. bread.

:love:  Yes, I'm in!  Does this mean I can drop in on some manner of pak and not get picked on or talked about when I go to pee, like how it's weird that I actually showed up even though I'm not natural born EMAW?  Probably too soon.  I get a little ahead of myself and also handsy.  Play it cool Mr Bread, play it cool. 

Offline asava

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: July 11, 2012, 05:52:16 PM »

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 11, 2012, 07:38:21 PM »
     I think the dog set that bitch up

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 11, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »
Saw a ~6 year old kid fall in to the ray petting tank at the clearwater aquarium today.  I think one of the rays might be swimming a little crooked now, like some of the other animals there. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 11, 2012, 09:12:51 PM »
that ray should have just clowned him

seriously, if i was a ray, i would have been clowning that punk Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) with my tail whip

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 11, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »
god dammit
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:27:31 PM by hemmy »