Sugar Dick

Re: YES!
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 11:05:30 PM »
42Yardstick, what happened to you?

The42Yardstick

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 11:19:48 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure how I ended up posting here. dammit, must step up my game from now on :flush:

Sugar Dick

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 06:57:18 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure how I ended up posting here. dammit, must step up my game from now on :flush:

Reading this thread got me wondering:

Why are liberals strict constructionalists when it comes to the Bible, but believe in a "living document" when it comes to the Constitution?

Also, still wondering who had standing to bring the suit?  Did the club bring it against the school, or was it a gay/atheist that brought it against the club and school?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 08:04:14 PM »

Why are liberals strict constructionalists when it comes to the Bible, but believe in a "living document" when it comes to the Constitution?

Also, still wondering who had standing to bring the suit?  Did the club bring it against the school, or was it a gay/atheist that brought it against the club and school?

The club brought it against the school because the school stopped funding them. The school did still let them meet on campus. I really only think the school is in the wrong here if other religious groups who don't let any student join are getting school funding.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 08:29:01 PM »

The club brought it against the school because the school stopped funding them. The school did still let them meet on campus. I really only think the school is in the wrong here if other religious groups who don't let any student join are getting school funding.

Thanks. 

I'm fine with this ruling