Author Topic: Favorite Facebook doppelgangers  (Read 5526 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Favorite Facebook doppelgangers
« on: January 31, 2010, 04:03:50 PM »
Love seeing who comes up when you search for your own name on facebook. This is my fave. I feel an obligation to live up to his awesomeness every day. I mean, he must see me, too. And there he is pumping his fist in tanktop and camo hat. WTF am I doing to promote the name? Pump on, brother. Pump on.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Facebook doppelgangers
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 08:45:11 PM »
Last year I found out about a guy who looks exactly like me that grew up in Wichita.  Only he goes to KU instead of K-state.

Resemblance was so uncanny that after seeing his facebook page, I called my mom and asked if there was anything regarding my birth that I didn't know.  I mean, he was about my same age, my mom grew up in Wichita, and how likely is it that two people could live so close and look so similar?  She claimed that there weren't any hijinks, but when she saw the picture, she thought I was messing with her and that the guy, was in fact, Dlew12.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »
Last year I found out about a guy who looks exactly like me that grew up in Wichita.  Only he goes to KU instead of K-state.

Resemblance was so uncanny that after seeing his facebook page, I called my mom and asked if there was anything regarding my birth that I didn't know.  I mean, he was about my same age, my mom grew up in Wichita, and how likely is it that two people could live so close and look so similar?  She claimed that there weren't any hijinks, but when she saw the picture, she thought I was messing with her and that the guy, was in fact, Dlew12.

how far apart are your bdays?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 08:52:57 PM »
Love seeing who comes up when you search for your own name on facebook. This is my fave. I feel an obligation to live up to his awesomeness every day. I mean, he must see me, too. And there he is pumping his fist in tanktop and camo hat. WTF am I doing to promote the name? Pump on, brother. Pump on.

Great thread.  The only dude on facebook that has my name is a Glenn Beck fanatic.  If you google my name, I look like a borderline racist because of some of this dudes blog comments around the interwebs.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »

Great thread.  The only dude on facebook that has my name is a Glenn Beck fanatic.  If you google my name, I look like a borderline racist because of some of this dudes blog comments around the interwebs.

New Rusty must hate basketball.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »

pffft. can't believe you actually included your own pic in there. lol.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 09:23:52 PM »
Rick Daris, you've just been outed:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »
Rick Daris, you've just been outed:

mods,

either erase this thread or ban this user immediately. i demand it.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »

TEST
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:51:17 AM by Chingon »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »
I must be unique....i am the only one named my awesome name.  :embarrassed:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 12:04:07 AM »

how far apart are your bdays?

One year and two months, but who knows?  Maybe they were just counting his (or my) adoption day.  The craziest part is, that although we look identical, he dresses way better than I do and hangs out with more attractive women.  The whole thing kind of sent me into a tailspin.

I facebooked him one day, basically saying "Hey, look at my pictures, weird eh?"  Then we made each one of our profile pictures the picture of the other.  So my facebook had  picture of him and his had a picture of me.  Those that didn't know what was going on had no idea that we weren't the ones in our pictures.

Next time I go to lawrence, I'm going to make a point to party with the guy and pull a bunch of Sister Sister-esque hijinks (i.e. pull the ol switcheroonie on the girls we're talking to etc etc) 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 01:36:10 AM »

Not even makin that crap up.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 07:46:57 AM »
Have not done this but I bet there is a very good chance I'm the only one of me.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 08:18:44 AM »
I've sent friend requests to everyone who has my same name. Unfortunately they all denied.  Also, it seems i'm the least succesfull, worst looking one of the bunch.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »
KSU ticket office, being the crackerjack geniuses we all know them to be, buggered up my Auburn tix order back in '07.  I called, they apologized, made sure the tix were at will call and assured me they had changed my address in the system.

So a week or two later I get a season ticket renewal form for a different dude with the same name.  Knew it wasn't mine because I had never had season tickets, but moreover, because I didn't have a wife named Tina.  Actual wife teases me about the other woman to this day.

Fwiw, I didn't do jack shite about the mixup.  Eventually the guy's kid friended me on facebook and so did he, so now I am friends with the only other guy in the world with my name.  Glad to know he's EMAW, but I think he hates me for screwing up his season tix.  Meh.  Blame the fracktards at K-State ticketing.

:kstatriot:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 01:11:26 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »
nice thread.  :kstatriot:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 04:47:33 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Jeffy

• Katpak'r
  • Hello Wilbur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »

(actually lives close to me)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 11:04:39 PM »

Not even makin that crap up.

Your name is Al Yankovic?

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 08:44:19 AM »
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 09:44:41 AM »

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:48:26 AM by ew2x4 »

Offline weirdrobertswife

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 09:59:00 AM »
KSU ticket office, being the crackerjack geniuses we all know them to be, buggered up my Auburn tix order back in '07.  I called, they apologized, made sure the tix were at will call and assured me they had changed my address in the system.

So a week or two later I get a season ticket renewal form for a different dude with the same name.  Knew it wasn't mine because I had never had season tickets, but moreover, because I didn't have a wife named Tina.  Actual wife teases me about the other woman to this day.

Fwiw, I didn't do jack shite about the mixup.  Eventually the guy's kid friended me on facebook and so did he, so now I am friends with the only other guy in the world with my name.  Glad to know he's EMAW, but I think he hates me for screwing up his season tix.  Meh.  Blame the fracktards at K-State ticketing.

:kstatriot:

I'm still not entirely convinced you aren't a bigamist, sir.

Also, no one else on Facebook has my name.  It's that weird.
Wildcat by marriage, Seminole by choice and Saints fan by the grace of God.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 11:14:06 AM »
That is a solid mix, ew. Nice work incorporating some more boobs.