Author Topic: Golfers  (Read 5056 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Golfers
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »
how is the shipping with some of these websites? Price and time?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 01:12:03 PM »
Question:
How can I stop sucking at golf without having to embarrass myself practicing at (shudder) public golf courses?  At my current net worth I am exclusively private courses.  The COO of my company is taking me out to golf in a month.  HELP!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 01:22:17 PM »
Just tell him you've too busy playing polo to really get into the pedestrian game of "golf"

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »
Just tell him you've too busy playing polo to really get into the pedestrian game of "golf"
Won't work, I said I was allergic to horses to get out the fox hunt (that legally speaking  may or may not have happened).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 01:29:18 PM »
Hire a professional golfing robot to stand in for you and pretend to be you while hitting hole in one after hole in one and crushing all your competition under it's boot. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2010, 02:11:21 PM »
this should work.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »
be careful golfing during basketball games against your rivals.  you may miss something big. 

:babywillie:

Why do you think I waited until summer to golf with _FAN?   :peek:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »
:eye:

be careful golfing during basketball games against your rivals.  you may miss something big.  

:babywillie:

Why do you think I waited until summer to golf with _FAN?   :peek:

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »
Check out tgw.com.  They always have great deals on clubs, clothes and accessories.  Right now, there is a very good deal on G5's from Ping.

The warehouse is in Wichita so you usually receive your order within 2 business days (if you live in Kansas).

Be careful on ebay.  You can get garbage knockoffs from china.  There is actually a place in wichita called The Gold Warehouse that has a good website TGW.com. 

:surprised:

:driving:

Sounds like you and I are on the same page here.

stunz

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »
Stagg sucks so hard for what they charge.

take it back.  that's my home track, dawg.  their fee is standard for public courses.

anybody ever hit the ball-picker-upper on the driving range?  gotta brag...i have a few times. :excited:

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2010, 06:39:32 PM »
Question:
How can I stop sucking at golf without having to embarrass myself practicing at (shudder) public golf courses?  At my current net worth I am exclusively private courses.  The COO of my company is taking me out to golf in a month.  HELP!

If you live in KC and since you have the $$, go see Skip at Ironhorse in Leawood for private lessons.  Skip is the best instructor in the midwest.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »
True story: sddad owns the land next to the sdhometown 9hole.  He is kinda a big rancher type with a busy schedule but, as a hobby, I am encouraging him to put in a driving range for kicks.  The land is currently ignored for the most part.  The closest driving range to sdhometown is an hour drive.  There is a decent golfing community in the area and the local highschools come into sdhometown to practice and junk because we are the best course in an hour drive.  It would def. be a loser financially but worth it imo. 

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2010, 12:11:21 AM »
Stagg sucks so hard for what they charge.

take it back.  that's my home track, dawg.  their fee is standard for public courses.

anybody ever hit the ball-picker-upper on the driving range?  gotta brag...i have a few times. :excited:

$47 weekend with cart?  I can get on a public course in KC that's twice as good for ~$30.

But yeah, options in Manhattan are limited.  Used to love how cheap Custer and Rolling Meadows were, but takes a while to get there.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2010, 08:16:31 AM »
The only reason I didn't bail on golf completely during college was the Rolling Meadows twilight fees

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2010, 09:06:58 AM »
Falcon Ridge is my favorite "new style" course in KC, Swope is my favorite old balls course.

The huge fairways make it easier on someone like myself who loves to swing away off the tee box.

810 radio had their first golf tournament there back around 2001.
Steven St John, Jason Whitlock and I were doing shots of tequila at one hole while strippers were racing around the tee box naked.  I think I bet the girls that the first one to circle the tee box 5 times and then do 20 jumping jacks while naked would win $20.  It was quite an afternoon.

I also like the "swing away" fair ways.  I really like Tomahawk in Lenexa for this reason.  Once you play up the hill, the fairways open up nicely.