Author Topic: Is Tang a better coach than Bill Self?  (Read 551 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Is Tang a better coach than Bill Self?
« on: February 05, 2024, 10:58:26 PM »
Obviously head to head, Tang has settled it on the court and is the better coach. However, there are likely other things to consider.

What are your thoughts?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Tang a better coach than Bill Self?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 10:59:16 PM »
Yes, I think he might be
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 10:59:30 PM »
The results speak for themselves
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 11:09:53 PM »
Imagine how much we'd have beaten them by with Tomlin and Glover.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 11:14:09 PM »
Would have been a snoozer.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 11:20:46 PM »
Quote from: nicname link=topic=441o61.msg2260390#msg2260390 date=1707196 to193
To be fair, they were forced to throw the (alleged) rapist off the team.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 11:21:54 PM »
Give them 5 minutes of basketball to find out.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 11:25:39 PM »
I know it’s nary impossible to prove a negative, but I’m reasonably sure that Tang has never stepped out on his marriage

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2024, 11:33:32 PM »
I know it’s nary impossible to prove a negative, but I’m reasonably sure that Tang has never stepped out on his marriage
There's no question he's a better more ethical person.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2024, 07:47:10 AM »
After the Adidas ruling, Self made some proclamation about how they are really going to to go after it now. It really makes one wonder whether the only thing that separated Bill Self from his peers in prior seasons was his access to boosters and corporations who were willing to cheat at a higher level.

Now that the field has been leveled just a tiny bit, he can't seem to do as well.  Again, obviously when it comes to head to head competition on the basketball court Tang is the superior coach, that's indisputable.  However, I suspect that we may see other coaches do the same.  So, let's enjoy this while it lasts, because there is probably going to be a long line of other coaches who claim a winning record head-to-head against Bill Self going forward!

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2024, 08:04:07 AM »
After the Adidas ruling, Self made some proclamation about how they are really going to to go after it now. It really makes one wonder whether the only thing that separated Bill Self from his peers in prior seasons was his access to boosters and corporations who were willing to cheat at a higher level.

Now that the field has been leveled just a tiny bit, he can't seem to do as well.  Again, obviously when it comes to head to head competition on the basketball court Tang is the superior coach, that's indisputable.  However, I suspect that we may see other coaches do the same.  So, let's enjoy this while it lasts, because there is probably going to be a long line of other coaches who claim a winning record head-to-head against Bill Self going forward!

Why is Townsend still on the coaching staff? He's been the bagman his entire career but now everyone can be a bagman.

Would suck to spend 30 years mastering the craft, rising to the top of your profession just to be obsolete overnight.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 08:07:56 AM »

Why is Townsend still on the coaching staff? He's been the bagman his entire career but now everyone can be a bagman.

Would suck to spend 30 years mastering the craft, rising to the top of your profession just to be obsolete overnight.

That's a really good point.  Remember how the State capital in Topeka kept that one old time elevator that had a paid attendant who had to operate it? 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 09:41:05 AM »

Yep.  Had that Adidas stank hanging over them for a year. All of a sudden, he has a hard time getting his starting five and has nothing left on the bench. what could be the cause?