Author Topic: The Sunflower Slaughter on Big Monday  (Read 5416 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Re: The Sunflower Slaughter on Big Monday
« Reply #175 on: February 08, 2024, 04:29:26 PM »
Can't believe you guys didn't know about the Doc.

I know more about Doc than I care to.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 08, 2024, 04:37:55 PM »

I know more about Doc than I care to.

As the resident Doc expert, can you shed some light on how a grown ass man, that isn't living in an old timey wester movie, goes by the nickname Doc?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 08, 2024, 09:55:35 PM »
Right spracs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 08, 2024, 10:16:09 PM »
It’s easy to miss Doc on the sideline because of the way he just kinda sidels up beside you. He’s a real sideler

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 08, 2024, 10:17:55 PM »
It’s easy to miss Doc on the sideline because of the way he just kinda sidels up beside you. He’s a real sideler

Plus he's got his bag and he's always trying to push laudanum on you, which is not cool ...

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2024, 08:06:39 AM »

Plus he's got his bag and he's always trying to push laudanum on you, which is not cool ...
I GOT THIS ONE!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2024, 10:23:21 AM »
People would've realized he was there if he was allowed to sideline squat as an assistant.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2024, 10:29:25 AM »
By gawd this blog is old now....14 years ago we were writing fake doc sadler obits for free tickets.

Kenneth "Doc" Sadler passed away last Saturday at the age of 58 after a long battle with recruiting. Doc lived in Jonesboro where he has been an assistant coach at Arkansas State for the past 3 seasons.

Doc was born on June 12th 1960 to Charles Sadler and a two bit street walker. Charles raised Doc by himself saying "My kid will learn to do things the right way. The only way to make sure no corners will be cut is if I raise him myself". Doc earned a degree in Phsyical Education from the University of Arkansas. While at Arkansas Doc served as a team manager for LHC Eddie Sutton. Doc could often be seen the night before game day scouring all the watering holes in Fayetville trying to find out where Eddie and his degenerate son Sean had holed up for the night. When reached for comment about Doc's sudden death Sean Sutton said "This doesnt count as my one phone call does it"

Doc spent 10+ years working his way up through the coaching ranks before getting his big break. Billy Gilepsie hired Doc as an assitant coach/DD on a referral from Eddie Sutton. After Gilepsie left Doc guided the Miners to a NCAA tournament and the First of his many NIT berths before leaving for Nebraska and the Big12 conference.

Doc coached at Nebraska for 12 years reaching 7 NIT's. Doc embraced the "Solid Long Term Hire" strategy and lifted it to new heights with his strategy of recruiting borderline Division 1 prospects and redshirting them. His pinnacle of success came in 2017 when his Huskers won the National Invitational Tournament. When asked why he turned down an opportunity to participate in the more prestigious NCAA tournament Doc said "I'm building a program here! We dont cut corners! Some of these kids have been with me for 6 years, all they know is the NIT. Plus we are bound to play more games in the NIT than the NCAA. Thats how you build a program, by practicing more than everyone else!" In his last fits with dementia Nebraska Chancellor Tom Osbourne inexplicably fired Doc in 2019 saying "I like doc,doc doc doc, (incoherent ramblings), PPOOOOOOOPPPPPYYYYY".

Doc is predeceased by his wife Tonya, second wife Tashanda, and third wife Tonka. He leaves behind 6 children, Effort age 23, Determination age 20, Princess Girl age 16, Grinder age 12, Princess Girl 2 age 10, and his youngest son Redshirt age 3. Any donations can be made to the AAU team of your choice.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2024, 12:05:52 PM »
Wow... that one has me in tears!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent