Author Topic: Get the eff OUT game thread  (Read 2953 times)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Get the eff OUT game thread
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2024, 09:20:55 PM »
The good news I suppose is the demand for Tang has cooled considerably.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2024, 09:23:23 PM »
More good news - with that last bucket, Tang escapes cracking the all-time top 10 of worst offensive performances in Bramlage history.

oscar gets to keep 6 of the 10 worst, Wooly gets to keep 2 of the 10 worst and Asbury gets to keep the other 2 of the 10 worst.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2024, 09:23:40 PM »
I just got a new TV for the Super Bowl and frankly I’m embarrassed for it that this was the first sporting event it displayed.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2024, 09:35:52 PM »
I just got a new TV for the Super Bowl and frankly I’m embarrassed for it that this was the first sporting event it displayed.

Return it and start over
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2024, 09:50:50 PM »
Once again, the schedule makers did us no favors (by front loading our schedule so that we would have a fools gold perception that we don’t actually suck balls/taints) but we actually do very much suck balls and taints, in fact.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2024, 10:12:55 PM »
this is the exact same team they have been all season long.  nothing has changed and not much will, their ceiling will always be pretty low.

no point guard

no chemistry

of the 200 available minutes per game (5 players, 40 minutes), about 160 are going to new players

look at the roster, tang gambled and lost

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2024, 10:31:04 PM »
this is the exact same team they have been all season long.  nothing has changed and not much will, their ceiling will always be pretty low.

no point guard

no chemistry

of the 200 available minutes per game (5 players, 40 minutes), about 160 are going to new players

Losing Tomlin hurt a bunch

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2024, 10:34:43 PM »
That was almost certainly true of Oklahoma, too (and, of course, of last year's Cats). Better excuse making please.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2024, 10:36:08 PM »
For a minute I thought we we could be a tourney team. But unless a miraculous turnaround, no. Way too many deficiencies.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2024, 10:42:13 PM »

no point guard

no chemistry

I don't really understand the minutes comment or the gamble part tbh. I suppose Glover was a gamble with his injury history if that's what you meant. We lost nearly 100 minutes a game to exhausted eligibility and Dick Lint lost us another 25. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2024, 10:43:44 PM »
For a minute I thought we we could be a tourney team. But unless a miraculous turnaround, no. Way too many deficiencies.

If he keeps trotting McNair out there I agree. If he plays DNG at the 5 with Art at the 4 and a three guard lineup of Perry, Carter and Finister I like our chances.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2024, 10:53:52 PM »

If he keeps trotting McNair out there I agree. If he plays DNG at the 5 with Art at the 4 and a three guard lineup of Perry, Carter and Finister I like our chances.

That you haven’t already disavowed any tourney ambitions is…interesting

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2024, 10:54:36 PM »

no point guard

no chemistry

Losing Tomlin hurt a bunch

Tomlin would have been our returning leader in points, rebounds, steals, blocks and No. 2 in assists. He's tailor-made for the open-post offense we wanted to run this season.

Glover would have given us an additional ball-handler and enabled Perry to move off ball more.

We lost two of our top 6 players.

it is what it is
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2024, 11:17:03 PM »

We only have to go .500 the rest of the way to make it.  I'm old enough to remember this team beating Baylor at home.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2024, 11:20:08 PM »
Yeah this loss was the first one I’d call an upset. We’re still .500 in the best conference in the country and 2 games behind first place.

Feels like we do need a PG though.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2024, 12:26:25 AM »

We only have to go .500 the rest of the way to make it.  I'm old enough to remember this team beating Baylor at home.
I predict that the team will win games that surprise a lot of people

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2024, 06:19:06 AM »

no point guard

no chemistry

I don't really understand the minutes comment or the gamble part tbh. I suppose Glover was a gamble with his injury history if that's what you meant. We lost nearly 100 minutes a game to exhausted eligibility and Dick Lint lost us another 25.
he loaded up on 2’s and gambled that having a single true PG on his roster was good enough.

tomlin and kaluma combined would have been a force but a 6’6” kaluma alone isn’t. anything could have stopped tomlin from playing, not just Lint.  with no tomlin tang had to pivot to playing mcnair significantly more than he ever planned to and without taking anything away from mcnair, he’s shouldn’t be playing this many minutes imo.

everything would have to have gone right for his vision of this roster to pile up wins.  losing two critical players obviously hurts any team, but as thin as we are, it hurt us more.

my comment about minutes- the lack of chemistry is real.  you can’t just roll the ball out there and expect a fluid team to form.  we have a lot of new minutes on the floor.  not being critical and saying it’s tangs fault, it is just an issue the team is dealing with. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2024, 07:58:15 AM »
Last year was magical. All our incoming players turned out better than expected and the team had chemistry.

This year, we lost our best returning player (thanks Dick) and outside of Kaluma, nobody has met expectations.  What's concerning is the misses on Ames and Jones.  Those two are complete busts thus far.  Maybe I expected too much out of true freshman, but that's what this game has evolved into.  Sadly, nobody outside Finister has developed from the players that returned.

Bottom line, I think this is the worst possible team we will ever see under Tang.  We still got a shot of getting into the tourney so I'll take it.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2024, 08:11:00 AM »
Good stuff 'clams, I hope we see less of McNair going forward.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2024, 09:18:36 AM »
I miss watching two games and we turn into the worst team in the conference?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2024, 11:08:15 AM »
RJ and Dai Dai are by no means busts. That’s crazy.

Finister is going to be a decent player

Colbert is going to be a decent player.

We are way early in the above 4 careers to expect them to be carrying the weight.

This all comes down to being unimaginably thin at point guard. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2024, 11:35:35 AM »

We are way early in the above 4 careers to expect them to be carrying the weight.

I'd contend Colbert and Finister are already decent players.  Colbert has been in college the exact same amount of time as Cam though so not sure it's way too early on him.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Get the eff OUT game thread
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2024, 12:21:58 PM »

dude you’re responding to derpathy

RJ D2 is going to be a great player(s)/robot for us
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 01:08:46 PM by pissclams »

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2024, 12:57:42 PM »
The Perry PG experiment should be over.

Bench McNair (and give him the 10ish minutes per game he was always supposed to get) and the primary lineup is Ames, Perry, Cam, AK and DNG. Play more tempo/push the ball and take our lumps with Ames (can we really turn the ball over that much more) and get some cheap points. If we must have two bigs, play DNG in tandem with Colbert primarily with McNair truly functioning as a way to give the other two rest on the bench.

Lots of teams trotting out 3-4 guard lineups these days and it's not like McNair is a force in the rebounding/defense department, so I question how much we'll lose if his minutes are cut by 10-15 per game. With that lineup we can also more easily switch on defense.

Bonus - Ames either develops or doesn't and we have better insight as to what to do when Castillo arrives on campus next year.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2024, 01:30:47 PM »

I'd contend Colbert and Finister are already decent players.  Colbert has been in college the exact same amount of time as Cam though so not sure it's way too early on him.

Not too early for "a player" but too early for Colbert.  He didn't play last year and, though he has grown quite a bit the last month, he didn't get crap for PT early this season.  Cam got there earlier.  That happens.  Some kids come ready(hoping Castillo is that), some are old school college players that hit their stride in time to play 2 solid years and then graduate.  Colbert seems to be the later.