Author Topic: CATS VS CORN - CBB Blue Bloods - MASTER THREAD  (Read 2485 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: CATS VS CORN - CBB Blue Bloods - MASTER THREAD
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2023, 07:34:52 PM »
I've reviewed the tape and here's what I've concluded:
The octagon of love. Like, pure agape level love, it's unconditional. It doesn't care what logo is on your jersey. What I'm getting at, is this was practically a neutral court game for the 'skers. We need to figure out how to make that love conditional.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2023, 08:08:21 PM »
I would be all for bringing back sandstorm and bringing back anger.

We should do a “eff (insert current opponent)” chant.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2023, 12:17:47 AM »
We played bad against USC and Miami, we gave up against the Nubbs.

Bullshit

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2023, 08:41:42 AM »

Bullshit

Which part?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2023, 09:42:22 AM »

Bullshit

Which part?

That they gave up. It's such an ironically lazy and stupid narrative. Nebraska had their second worst offensive game of the season. If we weren't giving effort, don't you think that effort translates defensively more than offensively? We quit on offense but not defense? That's really stupid. The dudes just missed shots, that happens and it's going to happen again. We lost that game because we got shut down in the paint. Our two bigs couldn't score and Nebraska stopped Kaluma and Cam from driving the ball. If we were able to hit some shots then we could have unclogged the lane, we didn't, we scored 12 points in 20 minutes, you'll lose every single game ever when you score 12 points in a half.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2023, 09:48:13 AM »
It feels like the last few weeks of KSU sports have been a roller coaster of emotions.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2023, 10:14:26 AM »
I am really surprised that Colbert didn't get a shot last night given our paint difficulties.  Not that he is a cure all, but when nothing else is working, you have to try something.

Also, our offense looks like a jumbled mess that takes place outside of shooting range.  I know that it's intentional to draw the d further from the basket and clear out the mid paint for drives and cuts, but god it looks so rough ridin' ugly. 

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2023, 10:21:02 AM »

Bullshit

Which part?

That they gave up. It's such an ironically lazy and stupid narrative. Nebraska had their second worst offensive game of the season. If we weren't giving effort, don't you think that effort translates defensively more than offensively? We quit on offense but not defense? That's really stupid. The dudes just missed shots, that happens and it's going to happen again. We lost that game because we got shut down in the paint. Our two bigs couldn't score and Nebraska stopped Kaluma and Cam from driving the ball. If we were able to hit some shots then we could have unclogged the lane, we didn't, we scored 12 points in 20 minutes, you'll lose every single game ever when you score 12 points in a half.

I'm not convinced we watched the same game if you think we gave good effort on defense. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2023, 10:56:28 AM »

Bullshit

Which part?

I'm not convinced we watched the same game if you think we gave good effort on defense.

Every single offensive metric that Nebraska had, outside of offensive rebounds, in that game and particularly in the second half, were well below their season averages and they were either their worst or second worst metric of the season for them. If your emotion leads you to believe that we quit, that's a you problem, I'm certainly not going to waste effort to try to convince you otherwise. Objectively Nebraska had a terrible offensive game,. If you think the defense was lazy and had no role in that, I'm not going to try to talk you out of it. Of course that makes absolutely no sense, but my days of trying to convince emotional college sports fans to be rational and objective is long over.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2023, 01:03:34 PM »
According to K-StateSports.com the 12 points scored in the second half of the Nebraska game were the second fewest scored by a KSU team all-time. The 1991-92 Wildcats scored just 11 points in a road loss to Oklahoma State that season.

I remember that game.

I’m assuming that by “all-time” the SID means in the shot clock era.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2023, 02:08:14 PM »
It's hard to watch a team give up so many offensive rebounds and think that they are putting in a lot of effort. It's probably wrong to say they gave up, but they definitely need to get back to the fundamentals of figuring out who to box out and executing.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2023, 02:12:58 PM »
It's hard to watch a team give up so many offensive rebounds and think that they are putting in a lot of effort. It's probably wrong to say they gave up, but they definitely need to get back to the fundamentals of figuring out who to box out and executing.

2 fundies needed badly:
1. Boxing out
2. Actually setting an actual pick and then actually rolling the correct way afterwards.

It’s not just us, though. It’s everyone. It’s why I assume there are reasons they don’t do it.

Rebounding, I get to an extent.  Some have a responsibility to get back to stop a transition, regardless of where the board goes. Others?  No clue.

I have no idea why a 6’-9” young adult that plays D1 ball isn’t a pro at a pick and roll though.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2023, 04:48:49 PM »
Defensive players don't have a responsibility to get back to stop transition on the defensive boards. Perhaps our guards were trying to take off early with the hopes of a fast break, but they should have stopped that when it became apparent we weren't getting any break opportunities.
I do think the team got demoralized for the absolute asskicking they took on the defensive boards at the start of the second half and it translated to their effectiveness on offense. Truth is, they got manhandled and they knew it.

Offline Powercat84

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2023, 05:44:15 PM »
It feels like the last 55 years of KSU sports have been a roller coaster of emotions.

FIFY

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2023, 11:26:30 PM »
We've been bad at defensive rebounding all year. We were 191st in defensive rebounding going into that game didn't even check to see how bad it is now. This is the one place where we're really going to miss Tomlin. N'Guessan and Kaluma are the only rebounders we have, we're getting nothing from anyone else. Dummies are calling for David to be benched even though he's shooting 67% from 2 point range and is like fifth in the conference in offensive rebounding and seventh in total rebounding. I think Buddy will ultimately be a good rebounder but he isn't playing enough, right now.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2023, 11:31:13 AM »
buddy will have all the minutes he wants next year if he stays.  i have to assume every player on every roster is considering portaling now.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.