Author Topic: Phog Gems from the GOAT Sunflower Showdown  (Read 1629 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Re: Phog Gems from the GOAT Sunflower Showdown
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2023, 03:42:08 PM »
That 3 and out - punt -  muff sequence would make a great "call the ambulance" meme

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2023, 04:18:50 PM »
I didn't read the above gems because I always avoid the Gridiron Board after a loss. Happy that you guys get a sick kick out of it, though. To me, it's always the same. Blame the refs, blame the coaches, the other team is dirty, throw players under the bus, etc.

Yeah, but it's the raw emotion that makes it entertaining.

Your entertainment is my sadness. It makes me sad to see what I assume are, on average, 50-60 year-old men act like absolute babies on a message board. I'm sure the fact that they are representing my undergrad alma mater plays into that.

Was the food at least good?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2023, 04:29:09 PM »
I didn't read the above gems because I always avoid the Gridiron Board after a loss. Happy that you guys get a sick kick out of it, though. To me, it's always the same. Blame the refs, blame the coaches, the other team is dirty, throw players under the bus, etc.

Your entertainment is my sadness. It makes me sad to see what I assume are, on average, 50-60 year-old men act like absolute babies on a message board. I'm sure the fact that they are representing my undergrad alma mater plays into that.

If I'm inferring your meaning correctly, that encounter was postponed.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2023, 04:33:37 PM »
That 3 and out - punt -  muff sequence would make a great "call the ambulance" meme
It was great because I knew ksu would win the entire time, just didn't know how. When that muff happened I just laughed

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2023, 04:37:31 PM »

If I'm inferring your meaning correctly, that encounter was postponed.

Aw, dang.  :frown:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2023, 04:38:42 PM »
the fact is this- K-thUg fans realize that Tang & Co erased the gap in basketball during his first season, one in which the cat hoops team battled to an ncaa elite eight birth while their team, led by an aged and ailing coach bill self, lost in the second round.  they lost their one ace in the hole on the day that jerome TANG arrived in manhattan.  they NEED something to validate their perception that they are better than us.

to that end, and despite losing their final 6 games in football last season, the hawk fanbase let themselves believe that they too had a TANG of their own in lance leipold.  unfortunately for K-thUg, these two coaches couldn’t be more different.  last night confirmed what we already knew about lance leipold- he’s all smoke and mirrors, trick plays, and misdirection.  he’s been exposed as a $3 bill. he spends his time crying to anyone who will listen about how unfair he’s been treated, while his competitors are working, getting better.

this is all very easy to see for anyone not drinking the krimson kool-aid. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2023, 05:27:20 PM »
Olympiantp
Posted on 19 hrs, , User Since 238 months ago, User Post Count: 7681
19 hrs
238 months
Honestly, Ballard did a good. job, but the other two QB's need to man up. ******* rivalry game and neither could be bothered to play.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2023, 05:48:06 PM »
It was great because I knew ksu would win the entire time, just didn't know how. When that muff happened I just laughed

It was a delicious moment. Just scrumptious.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2023, 06:30:14 PM »

refs and the coaches "not caring" about the game are the leading narratives at this time.

The coaches absolutely cared. That's silly. They opened the entire playbook. It was like hearing Mozart for the first time. The great irony of it is that your punter had an absolutely horrible kick, which caused a muff, and then it was over.

No lie, I was seriously worried about some Baylor bowl game no pass offense embarassing us

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2023, 06:49:55 PM »
i knew, if we needed it, sean would remain true.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."