Author Topic: 2023 Dr pepper still in reach?  (Read 11873 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 Dr pepper still in reach?
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2023, 02:29:51 PM »
They have already done it

As of 30 seconds ago they haven't announced anything, nor have they changed the procedure that's currently listed on the website.
https://big12sports.com/news/2008/7/31/1546006.aspx
I know this is hard for K-State fans and media but I'll actually wait to freakout until I'm given reason to. I still won't freak out though.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2023, 02:34:25 PM »

As of 30 seconds ago they haven't announced anything, nor have they changed the procedure that's currently listed on the website.
I know this is hard for K-State fans and media but I'll actually wait to freakout until I'm given reason to. I still won't freak out though.

They already had the meeting and the outcome is decided, it will be released today. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2023, 02:35:37 PM »
You can’t change tiebreaker rules midseason, it’s in the Geneva convention

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2023, 02:40:46 PM »

They already had the meeting and the outcome is decided, it will be released today.

Well, if this is the case and the ADs and/or the BOGs agreed to it, I'd hope that the meltdown would stop. Who the eff am I kidding though?

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2023, 02:41:29 PM »
They have to clarify now because schools & journalists are asking.

This is the biggest part I don't get about the whole story. The tiebreaker rule isn't vague at all. It clearly says if the tied teams haven't all played each other then you go to the next step. What would have prompted the questions in the first place?
Okie Lite getting screwed over because if it was the H2H format they are at the top.
I get that, but that has nothing to do with the clarity of the rule. The question would be more like “hey are you guys thinking of changing this cause it doesn’t seem very fair.”

The extra comma is weird but inconsequential. There isn’t a way to read the rule where the comma changes the meaning.

I did not go to law school to know how consequential a comma can be.

Offline Cats-aholic

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2023, 02:45:06 PM »
Considering OkState is probably not going 2-0 to end the season, this is all going to be moot and the 'ship will be OU vs. Texas.  They are going to be chanting S-E-C in Arlington...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2023, 02:48:43 PM »
Considering OkState is probably not going 2-0 to end the season, this is all going to be moot and the 'ship will be OU vs. Texas.  They are going to be chanting S-E-C in Arlington...

Yes on the first part, but I also don't think that OU and UT will both win their last two games.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2023, 02:58:31 PM »
I made this meme on twitter about it the other day. pound that like and subscribe button.

https://twitter.com/stevedaveKSU/status/1723782294475866411

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2023, 03:40:22 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's money

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2023, 03:43:39 PM »

Yes on the first part, but I also don't think that OU and UT will both win their last two games.

Both the Oklahoma schools have very easy games to end the season. UT is really the only one on upset alert. Where do you see the red dirt teams failing?

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2023, 03:47:20 PM »
OSU just got torched by 40 points against a team that was 1-5 in the league.  I think you can take your pick on which game they could definitely lose.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2023, 04:01:28 PM »
Does OSU losing even gain us anything? I think we have to have OU lose too, and I really wouldn't want OSU to lose at this point to essentially have a Texas/OU champ game.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2023, 04:12:28 PM »
Does OSU losing even gain us anything? I think we have to have OU lose too, and I really wouldn't want OSU to lose at this point to essentially have a Texas/OU champ game.

I see OU vs UT as nearly inevitable now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2023, 04:32:25 PM »

Both the Oklahoma schools have very easy games to end the season. UT is really the only one on upset alert. Where do you see the red dirt teams failing?

Ion know what you've been watching the last month, but none of these teams have very easy games to end the season. Texas, K-State, and Iowa State seem, right now, to be the only teams capable of easily handling shitty teams and none of those three finish with shitty teams.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2023, 04:34:40 PM »
This is hilarious. She's pretty easily the best tweeter of the hyper online K-State twitterazzi
https://twitter.com/alison_renner/status/1724773272913322449

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2023, 05:12:58 PM »

Well, if this is the case and the ADs and/or the BOGs agreed to it, I'd hope that the meltdown would stop. Who the eff am I kidding though?
So, has there been anything official from the big12 or still speculation?  I can't figure out if we're still mad about tramel's article or some official word from the conference.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2023, 05:16:07 PM »

So, has there been anything official from the big12 or still speculation?  I can't figure out if we're still mad about tramel's article or some official word from the conference.

The Big12 emailed it out to reporters this afternoon.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2023, 05:18:45 PM »
Cowards
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2023, 05:21:30 PM »
fire yormak
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2023, 05:26:34 PM »
This is hilarious. She's pretty easily the best tweeter of the hyper online K-State twitterazzi

She's the only one I can semi handle. There are also some other reasons behind that too
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2023, 05:39:20 PM »

Oh wow, I'm not on twitter but I know her IRL.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2023, 06:26:34 PM »
I’ll tell ya who really stands to gain something here it’s those Jayhawks. If we are apathetic now that the champy game is basically out of reach it really opens the door for the hawks to end The Streak

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2023, 09:14:16 PM »
It’s baffling how this whole tiebreaker thing has been handled. Why would a statement be released only to reporters and not published on the Big 12’s website?

And the statement partially recited on si.com says the rules aren’t being changed, which also makes no sense in this context. Is that because they didn’t want to submit it to a vote?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2023, 11:08:06 PM »
11:07 PM and the rules on the website still haven't been changed.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2023, 07:51:10 AM »
From a legal perspective, it is not a clarification but a change. The stupider course of action is to try to pretend it's a clarification instead of admitting it's a change. The Big XII chose to take the stupider route here.

But if I had to argue the Big XII's position in court, I would point to the comma and say the rule is legal gibberish as written, so some clarification is required. The Commissioner is authorized to clarify the rules. That's what he did.

It's just the intent of the rule was clear even if it was poorly drafted, and the "clarification" completely changed the intent of the rule.

Oh well.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."