Author Topic: November 18, 2023  (Read 9467 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: November 18, 2023
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2023, 06:36:24 PM »
I think the OC stays if LL goes. He might be the majority of the juice LL even has.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2023, 09:08:46 PM »
i’m 100% #KONZASTRONG and i don’t believe in the fallacy that only one of the two football programs can be good at one time.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2023, 09:19:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/kfordratings/status/1722380842285011143?s=46&t=qihx_M5rao00w7e29gt7Rw

I’ll give Lance some credit. The lipstick is still on and smoke is still wafting across the mirrors of Lawrence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s kind of a funny way to get to “deserving.” I’d say winning one possession games is a really important aspect of a champion caliber team.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2023, 09:31:05 PM »
April 29, 1992

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2023, 10:02:36 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2023, 10:04:06 PM »
i’m 100% #KONZASTRONG and i don’t believe in the fallacy that only one of the two football programs can be good at one time.

well said mr 'clams
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2023, 10:06:24 PM »
Wow this thing is 10 days away if you use mocat math!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2023, 02:54:31 AM »

well said mr 'clams

I agree, but WSU shouldn't be involved. The nomenclature should be the Konza Line.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2023, 09:59:48 AM »

well said mr 'clams

I agree, but WSU shouldn't be involved. The nomenclature should be the Konza Line.
Yeah, Wichita State is not invited to our secret meetings underneath the copper dome in Topeka.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2023, 11:05:45 AM »
What are the 3 parts of the Konza Triangle?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2023, 11:23:27 AM »
What are the 3 parts of the Konza Triangle?

I don't remember the name of the poster, but I think he was a WSU fan, and he defined the "Konza Triangle" as KU, KSU, and WSU. A scalene triangle, to be sure. I'm sure the search function is my friend here, but I don't care enough to use it. Knock yourself out, if you're interested.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2023, 11:30:58 AM »
I'm just hoping KU fans are dressed properly for their anticipated dumping of the goalposts into Potter's cesspool. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2023, 11:42:50 AM »
I'm just hoping KU fans are dressed properly for their anticipated dumping of the goalposts into Potter's cesspool.

Apparently they dredged it and added aeration, but it still looks scummy.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2023, 12:27:24 PM »
I thought we were all members in good standing of the Konza Triangle? Some of you make me sick  :Yuck:

I'm 100% all in on the current edition of Blue Wings Rising, but it's actually the KU fans that have blown it with LL by not supporting the program like I have.

He wouldn't be seriously considering other jobs if the Hawks fans showed up. It kind of sucks and feels like I'm being let down by a family member.

Not mad, just disappointed. I guess.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2023, 12:35:19 PM »
I thought we were all members in good standing of the Konza Triangle? Some of you make me sick  :Yuck:

I'm 100% all in on the current edition of Blue Wings Rising, but it's actually the KU fans that have blown it with LL by not supporting the program like I have.

He wouldn't be seriously considering other jobs if the Hawks fans showed up. It kind of sucks and feels like I'm being let down by a family member.

Help me understand the bolded part. Hawks fans have shown up more this year than they have since I and "Iron" Todd Reesing roamed campus. (Has anyone seen us in the same room?) If you're referring to the student exodus at the OU game, that's not really a fair barometer, and the actual barometer, chronometer, and thermometer understandably had a lot to do with that.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2023, 01:03:18 PM »

Spracs, you are a scholar and a gentleman . . . and I want to get excited for KU

but, then I visit the phog and want the hawks to go 0-12 for the next 40 years

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2023, 01:07:10 PM »

Spracs, you are a scholar and a gentleman . . . and I want to get excited for KU

but, then I visit the phog and want the hawks to go 0-12 for the next 40 years

I understand that sentiment. I despise most of our online fanbase. Buncha insecure, old men.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2023, 01:17:35 PM »

Help me understand the bolded part. Hawks fans have shown up more this year than they have since I and "Iron" Todd Reesing roamed campus. (Has anyone seen us in the same room?) If you're referring to the student exodus at the OU game, that's not really a fair barometer, and the actual barometer, chronometer, and thermometer understandably had a lot to do with that.

Sometimes the heart can see what the eye cannot.

Lance and I have seen and felt it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2023, 01:26:11 PM »

Well, Lance said in the past couple days that he expects KU to be his last job. Outright denied that he interviewed with MSU. Take it FWIW.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2023, 01:53:30 PM »

i don't blame them for leaving but it didn't look like many came back, were the gates not open for re-entry in the 2nd half?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2023, 02:22:26 PM »

i don't blame them for leaving but it didn't look like many came back, were the gates not open for re-entry in the 2nd half?

I *think* that they would have been allowed back. Looked like most alums and casual non-student fans came back. I do think some sort of official KU social media push notification(s) should have occurred. In fact, if I were in charge, I would've Tweeted out FREE ADMISSION, COME ON DOWN! Those that did stay were rewarded, but I can imagine how miserable it was to be wet and cold if you weren't properly attired.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2023, 05:42:59 PM »

Well, Lance said in the past couple days that he expects KU to be his last job. Outright denied that he interviewed with MSU. Take it FWIW.
I’m curious - as a KU fan, do you ever remember a coach announcing “I’m staying”, but then not staying?  I’m sure this happens from time to time where a coach intends to stick around but ultimately makes the move to the bigger, more prestigious program that is closer to home?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2023, 05:52:37 PM »

I’m curious - as a KU fan, do you ever remember a coach announcing “I’m staying”, but then not staying?  I’m sure this happens from time to time where a coach intends to stick around but ultimately makes the move to the bigger, more prestigious program that is closer to home?

Et tu?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2023, 06:22:55 PM »
I ain't talkin to nobody (but my reps are)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2023, 06:26:14 PM »
Look maybe he is posturing to get the maximum he can from KU but there is a lot of smoke right now.  Like Klieman has had similar interest and there is zero smoke.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best