Author Topic: Why is DJamer Giddens Not Talked About More?  (Read 3821 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Why is DJamer Giddens Not Talked About More?
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2023, 03:09:23 AM »
guess who?

if he had played more seasons and not played under prince, he could have been up there

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2023, 06:26:59 AM »
guess who?

if he had played more seasons and not played under prince, he could have been up there
Gotta be James Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2023, 07:01:39 AM »
So secretive we can't even see the column headers :lol:
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2023, 07:41:04 AM »
Here’s some love - will and Avery steal top billing but Giddens steals the show
Whorns know

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2023/11/1/23942000/texas-longhorns-kansas-state-wildcats-preview-will-howard-avery-johnson

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2023, 09:42:48 AM »
I'm not watching a DT vid. But if anyone has a Dylan Edwards sucking crap vid, they need to go ahead a post it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2023, 10:55:23 AM »
guess who?

LEON PATTON

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2023, 12:05:11 PM »
guess who?

LEON PATTON
He wouldn’t have been a senior in 07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2023, 12:14:28 PM »
Joe Hall had 4-5 pretty stellar games at K-State...

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2023, 12:28:32 PM »
Go back and watch highlights of DT. He was a talent never before seen at KSU. He was our offense while here and carried an otherwise mediocre at best offense and a severely limited qb to success.

https://youtu.be/JAK-AcbF-f4?si=ZpCeugv4G4ghJtbf

Hey, let's leave the Queso slander out of this or there will be chips and dips flying everywhere.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2023, 12:40:57 PM »
Joe Hall had 4-5 pretty stellar games at K-State...

deceptively shifty
great soundtrack

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2023, 12:47:20 PM »
Go back and watch highlights of DT. He was a talent never before seen at KSU. He was our offense while here and carried an otherwise mediocre at best offense and a severely limited qb to success.

sorry but DT does not look all that great based on those clips. Definitely not any better than Giddens

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2023, 01:01:15 PM »

sorry but DT does not look all that great based on those clips. Definitely not any better than Giddens
Might have been a fever dream, but didn't DT once score a passing TD on a jump pass in the end zone against Texas?  Vaguely remember being there absolutely hammered. 

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2023, 01:14:11 PM »
Kwamaine Brown! Greatest to never do it

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2023, 01:24:23 PM »

DT and giddens have different roles imo.  DT was essentially the sole, workhorse RB.  In 2010, DT had 9 games where he carried the ball 20+ times.  In two of those games, he carried it 34+ times.  In DJamer's career, he's had more than 16 carries one time (30 against UCF this season).  We all love Carsy, but our offense was highly DT-centric.

Highlights of DT don't really do him justice, imo.  Because he wasn't really a highlight running back.  Looking back, his wildcat sets (which we ran quite a bit with him) were probably a precursor to the Klein offense.  Would be fun to hear Klein, Snyder and Dimel chat about that.  But his brutal effect was pretty similar to Klein's -- DT had that ability where he would turn what should have been a 0 yard gain into  a 2 yard gain.  Or a 3 yard gain into a 7 yard gain.  Just a brutal drip drip drip of grabing a handful of yards beyond expected.  Didn't really have the speed to bust off the eye-popping 30+ yarders very often, but had the brutal consistency to frustratingly maul teams down the field.  Not to mention, he was running behind an offensive line that wasn't particularly ballyhoo'd.

Wow suggesting the CK QB-Power oriented offense was an evolution of the DT wildcat offense is a very astute point that will create shockwaves around the broader scholarship of K-State Football theory.  This is revolutionary.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2023, 01:31:44 PM »

Hey, let's leave the Queso slander out of this or there will be chips and dips flying everywhere.

Tbf to ccq, I was mostly thinking of Grant G.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2023, 01:42:28 PM »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2023, 01:46:55 PM »

DT and giddens have different roles imo.  DT was essentially the sole, workhorse RB.  In 2010, DT had 9 games where he carried the ball 20+ times.  In two of those games, he carried it 34+ times.  In DJamer's career, he's had more than 16 carries one time (30 against UCF this season).  We all love Carsy, but our offense was highly DT-centric.

Highlights of DT don't really do him justice, imo.  Because he wasn't really a highlight running back.  Looking back, his wildcat sets (which we ran quite a bit with him) were probably a precursor to the Klein offense.  Would be fun to hear Klein, Snyder and Dimel chat about that.  But his brutal effect was pretty similar to Klein's -- DT had that ability where he would turn what should have been a 0 yard gain into  a 2 yard gain.  Or a 3 yard gain into a 7 yard gain.  Just a brutal drip drip drip of grabing a handful of yards beyond expected.  Didn't really have the speed to bust off the eye-popping 30+ yarders very often, but had the brutal consistency to frustratingly maul teams down the field.  Not to mention, he was running behind an offensive line that wasn't particularly ballyhoo'd.

Wow suggesting the CK QB-Power oriented offense was an evolution of the DT wildcat offense is a very astute point that will create shockwaves around the broader scholarship of K-State Football theory.  This is revolutionary.

What a contribution to this thread DQ.

Agree that DT’s game doesn’t lend itself to “traditional” highlight type runs. The type runs you’re mentioning are the type I felt the DT vid did a good job of showcasing.

When I compared DJamer (who this thread is about! Why are we using this one instead of the one I made, which is has a much cooler title imo), to DT it was because I see some the same wiggle and end of run strength/punishment I saw in DT.

To be compared to DT is a huge compliment to DJamer imo.

I don’t think he looks much like Scobey, as I remember Scobey as a one-cut back with pretty good strength and straight-line speed.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2023, 01:47:39 PM »
I said I was basing it on the clips!

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2023, 01:52:21 PM »

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2023, 02:22:05 PM »
Being a complete dumbass and probably an obsession for the next great duel threat, I always hung onto the fact that DT played some QB in JUCO and thought there was a chance he'd come in and play QB or an even deeper playbook of wildcat formation and it would be amazing. Still was p. great.

What a stud.

Offline bananaeater

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2023, 02:49:41 PM »
Being a complete dumbass and probably an obsession for the next great duel threat, I always hung onto the fact that DT played some QB in JUCO and thought there was a chance he'd come in and play QB or an even deeper playbook of wildcat formation and it would be amazing. Still was p. great.

What a stud.
Didn't coach Ronnie sign him with the intention of making him a qb?

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2023, 03:19:20 PM »
The fact that we can’t decide who the best 2.5-10 running backs in ksu history shows how overrated the position is. It’s sproles 1, Johnson/Giddens 2, and everyone else

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2023, 03:21:36 PM »
 6.4 ypc on a prince team is wild

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2023, 03:23:31 PM »
But anyways wgaf, nfl already proves it means basically nothing.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2023, 08:46:54 PM »
My rule of thumb is that 90% of running backs are basically fungible.  5% at the top and 5% at the bottom.  Give or take.