Author Topic: (edit) ITT gE gets super literal about the prospect of LL staying at KU  (Read 3647 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: ITT We document the ascendence of Lance Liepold: Future BiG head coach
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2023, 12:17:32 PM »
Can you imagine the rivalry KU and MSU would have if this happens?  LL goes to MSU and the OC cord takes over as KU coach.  When the inevitable KU move to the Big 10 happens in the coming years. :love: :driving: :love:. ESPN wants this! We all want this.

Lance would take most of his staff with him, if history is any indication. But I don't think he's leaving.
How could he ever leave after being invited over to Billy’s live laugh love poolside cabana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2023, 12:19:25 PM »
What LL has accomplished at a school with as many structural and cultural disadvantages as KU can't be overstated.

That a small farm school with no history, a recruiting desert in the middle of rural Kansas, and no fanbase is even ranked is amazing.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2023, 12:23:21 PM »
Can you imagine the rivalry KU and MSU would have if this happens?  LL goes to MSU and the OC cord takes over as KU coach.  When the inevitable KU move to the Big 10 happens in the coming years. :love: :driving: :love:. ESPN wants this! We all want this.

Lance would take most of his staff with him, if history is any indication. But I don't think he's leaving.
How could he ever leave after being invited over to Billy’s live laugh love poolside cabana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really love the thought that that's how Beaty irl decorated his casa.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2023, 12:28:17 PM »
I do not think it is lost any of the potential suitors that Lance L must operate in a situation where he must take his team to Topeka, KS to get a charter flight and that recruits must fly into an airport over an hour from campus. 

That certainly gives him a huge leg up on say, a Chris Kleiman who can roll out of bed 5 minutes before arrival and still greet that recruit getting off that AA flight in the newly remodeled commercial terminal of MHK.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2023, 12:37:38 PM »
You could make a fairly strong argument that the KU job is better than the MSU job right now.
you could but only if you ignored the ten year $95 million dollar contract that msu signed with their former coach.

Their current list of realistic candidates certainly doesn't scream premier CFB destination. MSU AD obviously brings in more top line revenue from the delta in conference media deals but it isn't radically different.  The MSU job is probably still better just given it is in a P2 conference but I think MSU's outlook is very similar to Nebraska in the current CFB landscape.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2023, 12:41:30 PM »
You could make a fairly strong argument that the KU job is better than the MSU job right now.

I agree with you. Michigan State certainly has more money but he clearly has more clout at KU, a presumably good relationship with his boss, and a much easier path to the CFP.

I can't imagine a scenario in which Lance leaves and KU allows Kotelnicki to go with him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2023, 12:44:28 PM »
you could but only if you ignored the ten year $95 million dollar contract that msu signed with their former coach.

Their current list of realistic candidates certainly doesn't scream premier CFB destination. MSU AD obviously brings in more top line revenue from the delta in conference media deals but it isn't radically different.  The MSU job is probably still better just given it is in a P2 conference but I think MSU's outlook is very similar to Nebraska in the current CFB landscape.

Yes, they will absolutely hire a worse coach than Lance, as they did when they hired Mel Tucker after he went 5-7 at Colorado, in his only season as head coach.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2023, 05:20:54 PM »
He's winning with the Madhatter's qb and running back? (maybe).

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2023, 08:04:27 AM »

I agree with you. Michigan State certainly has more money but he clearly has more clout at KU, a presumably good relationship with his boss, and a much easier path to the CFP.

I can't imagine a scenario in which Lance leaves and KU allows Kotelnicki to go with him.

Are you saying they would try and stop Kotelnicki, or that they would throw enough money to keep him in Lawrence if LL were to leave (which I continue to doubt MSU even interviews him)?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: (edit) ITT gE gets super literal about the prospect of LL staying at KU
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2023, 09:03:22 AM »
They would 100% offer him a decent paying HC gig. I mean I think he’s got to be on some G5 radars even now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2023, 09:32:39 AM »

Are you saying they would try and stop Kotelnicki, or that they would throw enough money to keep him in Lawrence if LL were to leave (which I continue to doubt MSU even interviews him)?

Uh, they'd make him the head coach

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2023, 11:34:26 AM »
Can Bill offer to glide Lance into the KU co-ed scene, or is that off the table after Bill's heart attack? 

Offline PhoCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2023, 01:33:40 PM »
Can Bill offer to glide Lance into the KU co-ed scene, or is that off the table after Bill's heart attack?

Bill tends to dip his toes into the middle-aged cheatin' wife and divorcee pool in Lawrence.  Coeds can be a bit messy in this current day and age (Me Too stuff).

Source: A+

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2023, 05:38:00 PM »
Will LL come out and declare his dedication to KU like our guy CK? https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38507289/kansas-state-coach-chris-klieman-says-candidate-michigan-state-position

The silence is deafening IYAM

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2023, 08:51:50 PM »
Mustang has the Meadowlark’s loyalty.  Blood brothers.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2023, 11:07:43 AM »

Bill tends to dip his toes into the middle-aged cheatin' wife and divorcee pool in Lawrence.  Coeds can be a bit messy in this current day and age (Me Too stuff).

Source: A+

That would work too.  Not many universities can offer a mentor with the experience that Bill has.  KU definitely has an edge on this front.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2023, 11:21:19 AM »
It's been over 5,000 days since KU football has had a winning season.

The way LL has these Blue Wing Hawks rising is historic, there are literally high school recruits that have never seen it in their lifetime.

He'll be on a lot of short lists this year.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2023, 12:02:54 PM »
If KU lets him leave they are way more incompetent than I could even imagine. They finally have momentum with a new stadium and a competent coach who actually recruits. 

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2023, 12:37:00 PM »
If KU lets him leave they are way more incompetent than I could even imagine. They finally have momentum with a new stadium and a competent coach who actually recruits.

They're not going to be able to compete with any other school that would legitimately be interested in him. At the end of the day it's a basketball school and a much better football program is only 90 miles down the road. I'm happy they're not the laughing stock of football anymore because it's better for everyone involved, but if LL chooses to stay at KU instead of taking a bigger school's offer he runs a very high risk of becoming the next Matt Campbell.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2023, 01:03:45 PM »
KU has had a historically bad run in FB, but Iowa State is unmatched in their commitment to mediocrity. I don't think that's an apples to apples comparison.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2023, 01:17:48 PM »
Obviously the high end SEC and big 10 programs could have him, I just don't think the mid tier programs can. I don't see him as a high end program guy but maybe I'm wrong.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2023, 08:55:59 AM »
If he was going anywhere, it was probably Wisconsin last year. Have a feeling he'll continue to be their LHC Bill Snyder after this historic season.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2023, 09:03:19 AM »
Feldman from The Athletic:

"A couple of top candidates have emerged in the early stages of the Michigan State coaching search, a source told The Athletic Thursday. As expected, Kansas’ Lance Leipold is seen as a strong option for the Spartans. The other name I’m hearing is Washington State’s Jake Dickert, who, like Leipold, has roots in the state of Wisconsin."

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2023, 01:57:04 PM »
Roots like how Jim Harbaugh has roots in Lawrence?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2023, 02:05:29 PM »
'Bout time to Rock Chalk!