Author Topic: Is there any world where K-State doesn't win the Natty this year?  (Read 883 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Am I crazy to think K-State should be favored to win the National Championship this year? The only team that could even compete with us in the Big 12 is Texas. Luckily we play them at the end of the season, where injuries will be an issue. I'd say our starting 22 is comparable to their starting 22, but our 2 deep is MUCH stronger. And if we end up playing them again in the Big 12 Championship, we most likely win for the same reason.

So once we get to the playoffs, we most likely have to beat 2 of the following: the Big 10 champ (lol), the ACC champ (double lol), Georgia (who is obviously going through a down year), and Alabama. Since Saban has clearly lost his touch for the game, I don't see any of these 4 teams challenging us.

Can anyone talk me out of this "hot" take?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any world where K-State doesn't win the Natty this year?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 10:53:11 AM »
A lot of the pundits and media types aren’t picking us. Pretty sure they’re trying to be edgy by going with some of the lesser names this year rather than the obvious choice (KSU CATS).  Whatever.  They’re just begging for preseason clicks.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 02:42:01 PM »
I was having some beers with my insider friend over the weekend and he told me that CK purposely lost the bama game.

The game plan CK7 developed to beat bama was revolutionary and CK didn't want anyone to break down the tape over the off-season.

Be prepared for the katz to take the CFB world by storm this year.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 03:24:28 PM »
I heard something similar from a friend of a friend of a big 'Bama doner. Saban was ready to get his stuff pushed in by the 'Cats in the Sugar Bowl, but said he's sure K-State sandbagged them since there wasn't really anything to gain. Said the Cat offense and defense both played vanilla and surmised they were saving it for this year. :lynchmob:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 01:04:08 PM »
has our sports reporter released the studs and duds?